Home Cigar 101
Options

Stocking and rotating stock in the humi, cello question

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
I'm curious as to space considerations for how you should store cigars in your humi. does it matter how much space you have between them or how many in a small space there are? also, how often should you rotate the cigars around in your humidor? my humidity is starting to creep up and i don't know if either of these may be a factor.

also, i know that it's been asked before whether or not to leave the cellophane on when you age cigars, and that it doesn't matter too much, but what about the plastic wrap that you get the 5-pack daily deals in? should that come off or is it ok to leave it on too? I'm just wondering how it affects RH and 'RH saturation' (for lack of a better term) of the cigars inside the plastic? they're pretty sealed off in those 5 packs...

thanks ahead of time guys

Comments

• Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I rotate the boxes in my coolerdor every few months typically just to look through them to see what I have. In my smaller desktop humidor I dig through it so often that it gets rotated due to my digging.

I take all my fivers out of the ziplock bags to store in boxes I keep in my coolerdor, or toss all five in my desktop humi.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I take them out of the 5 packs but leave them in the cello. I'm not sure why, but seeing them all wrapped up reminds me of gas station smokes. I'm sure either is fine, though.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Wait, wait...Leave space between the cigars? AHAHAHA...I couldn't leave any space between my cigars if I wanted to, I have to jump on the lid of my humi just to close it. Every cigar in my collection is tightly box-pressed.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, I'm with jozer on this. my cigars are like marines, nuts to butts! =)
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I have to be careful everything is inside the humi when I close it to make sure the seal isn't breached ...on the 2 humi's and now the damn tupperdor !
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I keep resisting buying a new humi even though I have seen some good deals ...still planning for the cabinet ...already have the one I THINK will be buying picked out ...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I rotate my stuff about very other month. Dont know if it does anything but i gives me an excuse to do "inventory" and play with em :)!
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I don't need an excuse to play with 'em....oh wait, cigars....ummm yeah.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i cram as many in there as i can.

rotation? newest ont he bottom. oldest on the top. (in general)

plastic off
    cello on.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I also leave the cello on...got tired of having chipped cigars.

"Long ashes my friends."