Home Non Cigar Related

Taking a Break

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
Guys/gals,

I'm going to take a break from here. It seems anything I post that I put any personality into just stirs up too much ****, and it irks me that no one even sends a PM, doesn't question or give me or anyone the benefit of any doubt, just flames on the board. I don't know if it's this place or my state of mind, or most likely some combination of the two, so I'm going to take some time away to chill. Maybe a week, maybe a month, I don't know, I just need to get my head straight and decide if I really need to edit myself around here and if so decide if I really want to do that. I'm gonna check in once a week to keep the poker pass rolling and check PM's, but that's about it. My e-mail is kenlight42@yahoo.com if anyone needs to get in touch.

Peace and brotherhood,
Ken
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Always hate to see someone feel this way .
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I hate to see this happen on this forum or any forum I'm a part of. I can understand where you are coming from, but, I hope your break isn't to long. This is still a great place and even though it has its problems sometimes, this is still the best bunch of guys and gals I have ever been a part of on a forum. Hope to see you around brother!! Take care of yourself.

Rob
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Hang around. Enjoy the debates. It will get better. It sucks when someone leaves.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump what other people say...your just as welcome on here as everyone else is. if they dont like it then maybe they should leave or quit posting..never let anyone get to you like that brother.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Guys/gals,

I'm going to take a break from here. It seems anything I post that I put any personality into just stirs up too much ****, and it irks me that no one even sends a PM, doesn't question or give me or anyone the benefit of any doubt, just flames on the board. I don't know if it's this place or my state of mind, or most likely some combination of the two, so I'm going to take some time away to chill. Maybe a week, maybe a month, I don't know, I just need to get my head straight and decide if I really need to edit myself around here and if so decide if I really want to do that. I'm gonna check in once a week to keep the poker pass rolling and check PM's, but that's about it. My e-mail is kenlight42@yahoo.com if anyone needs to get in touch.

Peace and brotherhood,
    Ken
    From one sarcastic cynic to another, I say don't sweat it. It'll blow over.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    smoke em if you got em:
    bump what other people say...your just as welcome on here as everyone else is. if they dont like it then maybe they should leave or quit posting..never let anyone get to you like that brother.
    +1

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    smoke em if you got em:
    +1

Yeah, that sucks Ken. Hate to see you go, bro. I love posts with some personality. It never ceases to amaze me how many people aren't able to pick up on humor or sarcasm or anything else. Holy cow, I kinda feel sorry for them, they must be wrapped pretty tight. Enjoy your break but then come back please.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    We will leave the light on for ya. lol. Hurry back........
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    lol best comment ever. Honestly guys, I'm going through a lot, and that has a lot to do with this. My mom's probably on her last day/days/week right now, but she's sleeping peacefully at least at this point. I'm also without a job or very many prospects for one in the near future (mostly because I'm spending so much time caring for my mom). I know that attitude is coming out on the forum, I realize I'm not as funny as I'd like to be, and I've edited far more than you know (seriously) and it's those non-posts that are making me step back far more than anything I've actually put up.

I'm not leaving, no one's ever going to make me leave a place that means as much to me as this one, but I am taking some time for myself so I don't say things, or even think things, that I'll regret later. Thanks to all for your support, it means everything.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    If you ever want to say something without having to censor yourself just use my name as the subject.That way folks won't know what ya mean, and in the event you are talking about me, Ill think it's about something else.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Ken, I completely understand your situation. Last year I went through that when my father was sick and finally passed away. Please do not withdrawl yourself. This is something you love and you need this more than ever to keep yourself calm. You know who you are so do not let small thing make you upset. Maybe sometime we say things without realizing what we are talking about. I pray for you and your mother.
    Ken Light:
    greg2648:
    lol best comment ever. Honestly guys, I'm going through a lot, and that has a lot to do with this. My mom's probably on her last day/days/week right now, but she's sleeping peacefully at least at this point. I'm also without a job or very many prospects for one in the near future (mostly because I'm spending so much time caring for my mom). I know that attitude is coming out on the forum, I realize I'm not as funny as I'd like to be, and I've edited far more than you know (seriously) and it's those non-posts that are making me step back far more than anything I've actually put up.

I'm not leaving, no one's ever going to make me leave a place that means as much to me as this one, but I am taking some time for myself so I don't say things, or even think things, that I'll regret later. Thanks to all for your support, it means everything.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Ken Light:
    greg2648:

I hope everything works out Ken, hope to see you back soon brother!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    greg2648:

Say what's on your mind. Use the forums as A place to vent your frustrations. We'll all take it in stride and offer any help we can to make your ordeal A little easier if that's possible. Just remember that were here for you.