Home General Discussion

Whats your favorite cigar?

I was just wondering what is everyones favorite that they have had so far i thought this would be interesting since there are so many great cigars out there. So far i have really enjoyed the Gurkha line my favorite out of those that i have had has been the Gurkha Turk i like the more mild cigars at the moment since i have not been smoking all that long but i am developing my palate slowly. So here ya go what is everyones favorite cigar?

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    hmmm.. tough one.

I can't pick between these:
    Camacho 1962
    RP 1992
    ccom Cuban Label
    Altadis Playboy
    Local House Blend (all)

That list is a cut above even the best of my favorites. Although I keep adding new ones all the time. In another year, the list will probably be different.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I listed some of my favs in my sig but off the top of of my list, Gurkha Beast, Ashton VSG, Camancho triple maduro, and Gurkha Triple Ligero, oh and la flor dom ligero. I haven't had any of my opus X's yet but I'm hoping it will be on the top list. BTW anyone know how much boxes of opus's go for?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Fuente Regular Line
    Fuente Hemingway
    Fuente Don Carlos
    Gurkha Shaggy Natural
    Gurkha Genghis Khan
    Ashotn VSG

Just off the top of my head.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Padron 64
    Padron 26
    Oliva Serie V
    DPG Cuban Classic
    Tatuaje Miami
    Tatuaje Havana VI
    Arturo Fuente Don Carlos
    Ashton VSG
    Illusione
    LFD Double Ligero Maduro

Just out of my Bio
    I'm going to have to have a fuente week I've got all of the lines except the don carlos.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the highest rated cigar in my catalog is the OpusX.
    kuzi16:
    that's good to know.
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    Thats an unanswerable question for me. It depends on what "mood" I'm in. Some of my favs would include: CAO Brazilia Samba, Gurka Ancient Warrior, Gurkha Grand Reserve(dark), Royal Jamacia Gold, El Rey del Mundo Robusto Larga, Graycliff 1666 (I really wish I could afford these!), Comacho 1962, Hoyo de Monterey Excaliber, Rocky Patel Decade & Edge
    kuzi16:
    I smoked one when they first came out and remeber not being too impressed, I guess it's high time for me to give 'em another test drive.
    SmokeRing:
    Thats an unanswerable question for me. It depends on what "mood" I'm in. Some of my favs would include: Gurkha HMR (dark),
    wow, your lucky. I'd love to try one of them.
  • ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Swisher Sweet for sure.....
    phobicsquirrel:
    SmokeRing:
    Thats an unanswerable question for me. It depends on what "mood" I'm in. Some of my favs would include: Gurkha HMR (dark),
    wow, your lucky. I'd love to try one of them.
    Whoa!! sorry bout that!...Edited to list Grand Reserve!....yeah I'd like to smoke a HMR as well!....(SmokeRing=embarassed)
    lol... would that be the infused cigar or the regular? I haven't had the regular but I do like the infused.
    The infused. In fact it is the only flavored/infused cigar I like.
  • ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver Edition Carlos Torano Casa Torano Oliva Serie G CAO MX2 CAO Brazilia CAO Gold Ashton Heritage Hoyo Excalibur Legend
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Tough call......right now I think it would surprisingly be the C.com Cameroon Label. If anyone has suggestions for sticks with a similar flavor profile let me know. I've been on the hunt for similar, but better for a couple years now.
  • tedescotedesco Posts: 22

I  liked the ashton vsg and the camacho 1962. Ive been big on rocky patel the edge and perdomo lot 23 lately. But my favorite cigar so far is romeo y julieta reserva real

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    So for the sake of the exercise, I'll pick one and say RP Meritage.

Top three or four would include RP 1992, Ashton VSG, davidoff millenium blend and maybe RP decade.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    in general by maker:
    Oliva
    Camacho
    RP
    Padron
    in no particular order and not every line they make
    although i haven't smoked a Padron i didn't like
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Padron: all of them. I prefer the natural to the maduro, but both are pretty damn good.
    Padilla: Sig. 1932, Miami. The torpedos vitolas of both are exceedingly great, but the churchills are pretty tasty too.
    5 Vegas: Classic, Gold, Relic, Limitadas.
    La Aurora: 1495 corona, 1495 cameroon 1994.
    Oliva: Serie V and G, Special S
    Joya de Nicaragua Antaño belicoso
    Tatuaje Miami
    El Triunfador

Those are my top cigars right now, list is subject to change as soon as I find the next great cigar.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    The next one.
    Isn't that the truth. I've got my list of cigars that I really like, but I'm always anticipating the one that will blow my lid. That search has brought me to some really good cigars, and I trust it will lead me to more good ones.
    Ok, so few if any named their single favorite cigar and instead listed like a dozen. So here's the new question...you're about to stand before the firing squad - which cigar do you request?
    Hemingway Masterpiece. :)
    j0z3r:
    really? this I gotta try...I was surprisingly pleased with the signature recently.
  • mmaggimmaggi Posts: 9
    Montecristo Habana #2 Montecristo Habana #3 Padron 1924 #2 Padron 6000 Cohiba Habana Siglo VI
    Luko:
    j0z3r:
    really? this I gotta try...I was surprisingly pleased with the signature recently.
    It's a good cigar, but I was making reference to how enormous it is...you'd be smoking for a while before the firing squad finished you.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    j0z3r:
    It's a good cigar, but I was making reference to how enormous it is...you'd be smoking for a while before the firing squad finished you.

I think I'd go with the Opus X A....a mere 9.2" and it's a slow burning stick....plus if speed up toward the end, I could be so sick that I'll be wishing they'd shoot me.
    I have to agree with Bad Andy, I haven't smoked a Padron I haven't liked (picked up a 3000 nat today as a matter o fact) The 1964s are great! But I smoke more 3000 and 4000, both nat and maduro, than any of the others.
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    j0z3r:
    ahh, got it...guess I shoulda figured that one out.