Home Non Cigar Related

Tobacco regulation

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Tobacco regulation bill up for vote Thursday
im so sick of all the over regulation. quit micromanaging our LIVES!

Comments

• Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    This is just getting rediculous.

"We have come to what I hope will be an historic occasion, and that is finally doing something about the harm that tobacco does to thousands and thousands of Americans who die each year,".

Really? When was the last time you heard of anyone being attacked by a tobacco plant? Held at gunpoint? Got their wallet stolen by a big bundle of leaves? What pisses me off the most is how these **** act like at some point in their lives, people where strapped to a chair and forced to start smoking and gain a nicotine addiction. Gotta love the part about NC calling out the FDA though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    personal responsibility.

they must sleep in the bed they made.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well it got the nod from the House... It will slide across Obama's desk soon and be a done deal because you KNOW he won't post it for review for 5 days as he said he would.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    oh no no no... its far to important to let it sit for 5 days.
  • It's nice to see out tax dollars at work... The amount of time, effort and money that is going into regulating tobacco is mind boggeling when you look at what they are really trying to do: Eliminate menthol and flavored cigs, and put larger warning labels on cigarette packs.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    so what's the jist of this? just what filthy said? I'm too lazy to read yet another BS bill...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    BTW it's along the same crap that these retards do about weapons, oh when was the last time you heard about a person that was a law abiding citizen purchase a automatic machine gun and go do a drive by, or traffic drugs, or go killing people? doesn't happen very often. yeah some Ahole shoots up a office or something but it's very minor in the grand scheme of things. take the guns from law abiding people to be defenseless against criminals or even the govt.. yeah..
    Same with all this anti-smoking ***. Yeah I like not having to smell it while eating but bars, come on. Even cracking down on cigar bars for god sakes. Like kuzi said, knowing what's best for everyone.. yeah.