Home Non Cigar Related

when is one no longer a noob?

jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
I'm ready to move on from mom boob milk to bottled milk

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Jiunn... Im still a noob...but I think I graduated from noob status now that I have two coolers lol
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I think it's safe to say you've shaken the noob status. Once you've made a couple hundred posts and traded licks with one of the big dogs, you move up. lol. You've done that already.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    I think it's safe to say you've shaken the noob status. Once you've made a couple hundred posts and traded licks with one of the big dogs, you move up. lol. You've done that already.
    he has smacked us a around a bit lol....get him Todd
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    he has smacked us a around a bit lol....get him Todd
    not allowed Todd. No.
    Thst sounded rude. I meant, let me get the big dogs before the big dogs get me. *shake hands*
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Im still a noob...but at the same time im pondering on what to do for my fast upcoming 1,000th post. I don't think it is something that should be completely, or even mostly, reliant on your post count.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im a perpetual newb.

the more i learn the more i realize how little i actually know.

i constantly feel like i am learnign something new. i constantly feel that there are tons of things that i havent even thought of thinking about. i constantly meet people that make me feel like i am new to this.

dont think id have it any other way. keeps it fun.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    IN my god like opinion post count is irrelevant. I think there is some confusion regarding the difference between new to the hobby and new to the forum. I`m still obviously new to the forum but do I consider myself new to the hobby ? No not really. Do i learn something new everyday ? Fvck yes and I enjoy the growth (I learned allot largely by lurking on this forum along time prior to posting. Ive since bombed most of the guys that I gained information from and they probably still have no idea why I chose them).. Its consumed much of my time the last few years. Jlui I dont consider you a noob at all after trading PMs. I think Todd summed it up. Get some trades under your belt, interact with guys and when guys respect you the whole noob title disappears or atleast FNG title :p The great thing about this community is peoples character is shown daily.

For all the newer guys on the forum there are several good examples of new guys new to the forum the last few months... search`em out. I`m not saying do everything they do but grasp the spirit of what they do.

I consider this more of a community than a forum.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Everyone is and always will be a noob. Except for Todd, that's because he and the magical mystery 20 count come from another dimension .
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    You have to purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    After christening The Stupid Club, you are to be locked away in bandyt's 20ct as a noob until the end of eternity, or such time as a majority vote of The Stupid Club is passed to release you to continue on your path to non-noob-ness. LMAO!

Very great responses from ya'll (yawwwww. oop. hick Missouri side coming out. and yes, I'm Asian). Ok, back to the topic. I totally agree w/ Steve and Kuzi in the sense that I will always (and hope to always) be a noob. So much to learn in community. If that ever ceases, I will be one sad dude and will lose interest in this hobby (it best not. it won't). As for Sniper Glen, I'm a big dude. 20 count? That's it? Well, as long as you don't put me in that STUPID 20 count filled w/ Black n Milds, I'm good. Oh, I'm scared of the waters. I can't swim. You have to respect the waters people.
    I respect Waters. The Wall is an awesome album. And I'm getting to see it LIVE @ Yankee Stadium!!!
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Direwolf:
    I respect Waters. The Wall is an awesome album. And I'm getting to see it LIVE @ Yankee Stadium!!!

Nice!! All we are is just another brick in the wall...damn what an album!! My favorite disc to listen to while I smoke. Have a great time brother!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
    First, LOOOOVE the new avatar!

Second, Im sure you would fit in bandyt's 20ct just fine. Its magic you know... have you seen the size of the bombs that come outta that sumbitch?

If you havent, you may... soon... :-D

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    y2pascoe:
    You have to purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.
    How dare you talk of the sacred waters of MN...

Reality, we all have much to learn and should always hope to learn more.

non-reality, if you have to ask, you still are.
    The Sniper:

Second, Im sure you would fit in bandyt's 20ct just fine. Its magic you know... have you seen the size of the bombs that come outta that sumbitch?

STUPID NOOB reporting. Of what I understand of Bandy, he is a man of not so good in math. Via PM recently, I have offered him free Kumon lessons.
    Numbers mean nothing to an otherworldly being like Todd. Where He comes from everybody and everything that has, does , and will exist inhabit the same plane. He visits our mundane world and uses The Twenty Count as a portal back
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    im a perpetual newb.

the more i learn the more i realize how little i actually know.

i constantly feel like i am learnign something new. i constantly feel that there are tons of things that i havent even thought of thinking about. i constantly meet people that make me feel like i am new to this.

dont think id have it any other way. keeps it fun.

+1
    Direwolf:
    Numbers mean nothing to an otherworldly being like Todd. Where He comes from everybody and everything that has, does , and will exist inhabit the same plane. He visits our mundane world and uses The Twenty Count as a portal back
    sniff sniff. Randall, you got something on your nose. I'll wipe it off for you wolfie. hahah I'm kiddin (of course). Todd has been one of the first guys to welcome me on here. I got 300 respect for the guy.
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I like being a noob. When I make an asinine statement, it can be chalked up to my newbieness instead of just being a jackass. Yes. Let's go with newbieness.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One is no longer a "noob" when they no longer have to ask themselves "am I still a noob."

But I ask myself that question everyday - noob 4 life!!!! Ha

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

We should get shirts made for us. Have like a Noob pass. no. a STUPID noob pass.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    I'm ready to move on from mom boob milk to bottled milk
    I'm always a newb...no matter how much i know about cigars...there is someone on here that knows something i dont. :)

"Long ashes my friends."

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    One is no longer a noob when The Beard offers to rub cocoa butter on your feet after a long day at work!
    I feel that I shall be a perpetual noob...
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    We should get shirts made for us. Have like a Noob pass. no. a STUPID noob pass.
    But not all noobs are stupid and not all stupids are noobs.....
    So What would be the qualifications for said pass?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    250 posts
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The Sniper:

Bandyt09, f*ck that sumbitch; he bombed the **** outta me for making a remark about MOW PA's and Paradigm's
    jgibv:
    jliu:
    But not all noobs are stupid and not all stupids are noobs.....
    So What would be the qualifications for said pass?
    Ive gotta be a shoo-in for the stupid pass at least!!! :-)

xmacro:
    The Sniper:

Bandyt09, f*ck that sumbitch; he bombed the **** outta me for making a remark about MOW PA's and Paradigm's
    He'll do thhose SoCal boys are vicious! :-)