Home Non Cigar Related

Some sad whisky news

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
I'm a bit behind on the news, but just found out that Johnnie Walker Green is discontinued and that the last bottle made about 4 months ago. Not sure how many people know about this, but it's time for fans of Green Label to stock up. If you've never had any, this is your last chance to get some.

Comments

• Also buffalo trace and four roses are discontinuing multiple single barrel lines
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Also buffalo trace and four roses are discontinuing multiple single barrel lines

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Toombes:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Also buffalo trace and four roses are discontinuing multiple single barrel lines

Sure, you guys get me hooked on four roses single barrel and they discontinue it.
  • Roberto99:
    Toombes:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:

Sure, you guys get me hooked on four roses single barrel and they discontinue it.
    no just certain ages of four roses since you know they have like 40+ single barrel lines. i thnk they are cutting it down to 10 but they are cutting out a few of my favs. gotta get down to 'Tucky and get me some more soon, I havent bought whiskey in waaay to long...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    That's a damn shame. The Green is the only JW I'll spend money on.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    I'm a bit behind on the news, but just found out that Johnnie Walker Green is discontinued and that the last bottle made about 4 months ago. Not sure how many people know about this, but it's time for fans of Green Label to stock up. If you've never had any, this is your last chance to get some.
    Here is a statement they made;

we will be updating our range of whiskies in the near future. Don’t worry: our innovative spirit drives us to keep bringing you new whiskies to enjoy, but we’ll always remain true to our heritage of traditional whiskies with big Johnnie Walker flavor.

And the whole story.

Here is the entire story

According to them, green label will be available until April 2013 according to their statement, "except in the US where it will be available again for another 12 months".

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    wwhwang:
    Here is a statement they made;

we will be updating our range of whiskies in the near future. Don’t worry: our innovative spirit drives us to keep bringing you new whiskies to enjoy, but we’ll always remain true to our heritage of traditional whiskies with big Johnnie Walker flavor.

And the whole story.

Here is the entire story

According to them, green label will be available until April 2013 according to their statement, "except in the US where it will be available again for another 12 months".

Man. At least you guys in the states still have another year to stock up after the deadline. Up here in Ontario, LCBO has already stopped restocking. After they sell out, that's it. Looks like if I want Green Label after this, I'll have to get my uncle in Taiwan to buy them for me.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I find it odd that they do things like this... I had heard some time back that the George Dickle Distillery blew up some years back, but kept seeing their Whiskey on shelves... on the subject of Jonny Walker, anyone tried the "new" Swing? Saw that "recently" at a booze shop here n wondered about it