Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

New Pass #4

Well, looks like Pass #3 is over, and if it is cool with everyone here, I wouldn't mind starting up pass #4. I was thinking five bags total, and since there seems to be a divide between fans of Rocky Patel and Gurkha, how about a Rocky Patel bag, a Gurkha bag, then a "whatever" bag and another troop donation bag. I was also thinking a CAO bag, since they seem to be another brand with a ton of different blends. Same as last pass, we would start out with 5 sticks per bag, take any you want but replace with a similar themed stick. I think it would be a good way to really try comparable smokes from each of these brands and see which (if either) you really prefer. I know the last one had a Rocky Patel bag in it, so if you all think a different theme would be better, let's hear it.

Whatever we decide, I could have it ready to send out (pending names and all) by the end of next week/beginning of the following, and we could set up the line so it goes geographically like last one but putting Andy on last (for the troop donation bag). If this sounds good, let me know.

Comments

• robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Hey I'm all for a new pass since I didn't get in on the last one I'll PM my address. Thanks!
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Count me in as well.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bass8844:
    Count me in as well.

I'm in.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm in!!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    You know that I'm always up for a good pass.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    So the theme souinds good to everyone then? I'll set it up like this:

Bag 1: Gurkhas
    Bag 2: Rocky Patels
    Bag 3: CAOs
    Bag 4: Any brands/blends
    Bag 5: Troop Donations (if Andy can still handle that, if not I can send it to the Mudhouse on Camp Taji in Iraq when it gets back to me)

I'm going to be putting in an order tomorrow, so I will grab up whatever sticks I don't have now to put 5 cigars in each bag. I should have those cigars in by the end of the week, so the pass should be on its way to the first recipient by early next week. I guess the deadline to have signed up is Friday, midnight Hawaii time. Then on Saturday I will get the names together and get the list in order. Sound good to everyone?
    Suhweet! Sounds good to me, i needed motivation to go buy a few CAO's anyway....really looking forward to the gurkha bag!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    count me in
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I'll have to pick up some CAOs, but I'd like to participate as well. Thanks.
    Nine so far. Has anyone heard from Andy? If he isn't able to help out with the troop donations, its cool, like I said before, I can always send them out to the Mudhouse, and probably get some pics of the guys there enjoying them.

I already have the Gurkha bag done, and I put the order in today to fill the gaps, should have them here by Friday/Saturday.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    so let me see if I got this, basically we take as many cigar we want from any bag (assuming all bags are going to one person at one time), and replace the ones we took with another cigar? Or do we just pick from one bag?
    Take whichever sticks you want from whichever bag, as long as you replace them with similar themed sticks. For example, you get the box and take 3 Gurkhas, 1 RP, 1 CAO, and 2 from the anything bag. You then put in 3 different Gurkhas, 1 different RP, 1 different CAO, and 2 different cigars of any brand/blend into the appropriate bags. You down Pheebs?
    Yeah, why not.
    Okay, here is the list/order I have together:

Jetmech
    phobicsquirrel
    laker
    robert69165
    rdnstn
    brc81
    bbc020
    madurofan

Still waiting to hear back from Bass to see what state he lives in so we can plug him in. We have until tonight for anyone else who still wants to join.
    Bass lives in Gold River CA
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Thanks Jet...yeah I'm in Gold River, which is right outside of Sacramento, CA
    Okay, here is the order:

Jetmech
    bass
    phobicsquirrel
    laker
    robert69165
    rdnstn
    brc81
    bbc020
    madurofan

If anyone has any issues with it this way, just let me know. Since Andy hasn't been able to get on lately, I'll just put a bag in for troop donations and send it to the Mudhouse when it gets back to me. I'm sure I can get some pictures of them smoking the cigars once they get 'em too.
    sounds like a plan to me, I'm ready!
    Schwing!! Numero Uno! So whens it going in the mail?
    It is all boxed up and ready to go. I have some paper in each bag to list what was taken, what was replaced, and by who. It will ship out Monday, you should see it Thursday or Friday Jet.
    So is this a one for one or how ever many for how ever many you took? It's your pass, your rules. Now i wouldnt go taking a Centurian for a castle hall or a Decade for a Conuco...lets be reasonable :)
    I think they have to be premium cigars Vinnie. so no one trades a swisher sweet for a RP decade. nows my chance to trade off all my swishers (he he).
    I don't think anyone here would take all the higher end stuff and replace it all with bargain basement crap, so I say take as many as you want from each bag, as long as you replace that many and the correct theme. You take 4 Rocky Patels, you put back in 4 different Rocky Patels. I also put a decent range in each bag, so there are sticks ranging from $2 up to $18 and everywhere in between. The idea is for everone to get to try some cigars they hadn't tried before.

Worst case scenario, if someone does engage in some douche-baggery, it just means those people after get a **** selection to choose from. But like I said before I seriously doubt this will happen, it seems like most of the cats on here are pretty generous and tend to go above and beyond, so I doubt we will see Decades being replaced by Conucos.

(I like Castle Halls by the way, I honestly wouldn't be mad if there was one or two in the Gurkha bag when it got back to me lol.)
    I was just kidding about the swishers comment, but I am gonna toss in a couple of bundles for the troops.
    Alrighty, it is in the mail. You should see it on Thursday Vinny, you've got PM with the tracking info. Everyone make sure they have the person on the list after themselves' address. The finalized list is:

Jetmech_63
    bass8844
    phobicsquirrel
    laker1963
    robert69165
    rdnstn
    brc81
    bbc020
    madurofan
    and finally back to me.

Let us know when you get it Vinny, can't wait to see how this one goes.
    Copy Copy. I get home Saturday so i'll take.put and get it in the mail then:)
    I have our furry friend over the lake all locked in. ;p
    phobicsquirrel:

I thought that someone had locked onto my location. My alarms and flashing lights were triggered .
    After the last time the squirrel air raided me I had to add some early warning protections to my abode.
    Damned squirrels keep gettin' into the hole in my roof where my spare bedroom used to be. Any of these relatives of yours Pheebs?
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:

I thought that someone had locked onto my location. My alarms and flashing lights were triggered .
    After the last time the squirrel air raided me I had to add some early warning protections to my abode.
    Damned squirrels keep gettin' into the hole in my roof where my spare bedroom used to be. Any of these relatives of yours Pheebs?
    lol, not sure, I've had dealings with them Canadian squirrels, they're not really welcome around these parts, it's a feud lasting many generations. In fact back in the day we tried making friends with them but they used our mission of peace as a distraction and launched a full attack. You've never seen so many beautiful acorns and nuts in your life, and they rained down on us like a firestorm. needless to say many lives were lost but we had food for many winters... oh and any early warning devices will be ineffective, my newer bombs are much more sophisticated...
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:

lol, not sure, I've had dealings with them Canadian squirrels, they're not really welcome around these parts, it's a feud lasting many generations. In fact back in the day we tried making friends with them but they used our mission of peace as a distraction and launched a full attack. You've never seen so many beautiful acorns and nuts in your life, and they rained down on us like a firestorm. needless to say many lives were lost but we had food for many winters... oh and any early warning devices will be ineffective, my newer bombs are much more sophisticated...

Let me guess... you are disguising your bombs in Peanut Butter now, instead of loose nutz?LMAO