Home Non Cigar Related

Hatfields and McCoys

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone been watching this on History channell? If not your missing out on a good mini series.

Comments

• Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    I am watching it as I am from West Virginia. My father grew up in southern West Virginia where this took place and I have visited the area and the Hatfield Family graveyard.

Love the show great cast.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I have it set on the DVR, but haven't started watching it yet. It looks pretty good just going by the previews.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    bbass2:
    I have it set on the DVR, but haven't started watching it yet. It looks pretty good just going by the previews.
    +1
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Been hooked on it myself. Awesome mini series! Tomorrows show is going to be friggin awesome!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Watched the 1st episode tonight. The 2nd is recording at home. Good stuff so far.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Just finished part 2 and it was awesome.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw part of this last night, very well done production, I think I dreamed about it about half the night.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's been incredible - very well done. Can't wait for the finale tonight.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I have my wife recording it so I can watch it when I get home. My Step mother and her whole family are Hatfields. It is her maiden name. And she grew up in WV. According to her, there is a lot of accurate info in this mini-series, and of course the usual hyped-up for tv bs. But I am still looking forward to it, because her family is barefoot hollar folk as they come, lol.
    Actually, she just posted this on FB:
    Hattie Hatfield Collins "Hatfields and McCoys was good last night. According to a cousin and a sister who researched our past this is close to accurate. I am glad I didn't live back then."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    I have my wife recording it so I can watch it when I get home. My Step mother and her whole family are Hatfields. It is her maiden name. And she grew up in WV. According to her, there is a lot of accurate info in this mini-series, and of course the usual hyped-up for tv bs. But I am still looking forward to it, because her family is barefoot hollar folk as they come, lol.
    Actually, she just posted this on FB:
    Hattie Hatfield Collins "Hatfields and McCoys was good last night. According to a cousin and a sister who researched our past this is close to accurate. I am glad I didn't live back then."
    Supposedly they had people from both sides of the family's who were around at the time as consultants. Though they couldn't have been alive at the time of all the fighting so they had to be going on what they learned as kids.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang I completely forgot that was on this week....I've been seeing previews for it and was excited to see it.

Thanks for the reminder, Ricky - I'll be setting the DVR as soon as I get home. Hopefully I can catch the episode(s) I missed on-demand or somewhere on the web.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Watched most of episode 1 and 2. Started off a little slow but got better last night. They were a bunch of killing fools but how much different is this and some of the stuff we see going on today?