Home Non Cigar Related

Pool maint

Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
Ok guys for those of you with a pool I need some help!! For some reason my pool is staying kinda cloudy and not crystal clear!! According to my test strips all the chemicals are with in range I spend about an hour a day skimming it out and shock it at least 2 times a week with the shock that has the added Algecide in it from Walmart so any suggestions would be great !!!!!

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    picked up a clarifier?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take the trout out and I'll bet it will clear right up.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Above ground or in-ground?
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Above ground Intex brand 16'x48" and no I haven't tried the clarifier
    I have had many pools, mostly in ground in Florida. When mine got cloudy, I would usually scrub it real well, then immediatly add chlorine, about 1 1/2 times the amount you would usually add. And also add a normal dose of acid. And within a couple of hours it is cleared up.
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Ok for chlorine I use the 3" tabs in a floater and about a gal or bleach weekly what is the acid u speak of
    Muriatic acid. It helps to balance or lower the ph level. The other cause of cloudiness, is fine particles of debri in the filter. Take the filter out and clean it really well. Add liquid chlorine right after you scrub it, that will kill most of the early stage of algae which also causes cloudiness. The tablets are good for maintaining levels, but I always shock it with liquid chlorine.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Stop peeing in it.
  • sierrawestsierrawest Posts: 50
    clarifier and a chlorine stabilizer, helps the chorine perform better and last longer... water should be crystal clear in 24 hours.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Since we live in diffent part of the country I will use what I do to open the pool and get it cleared up since this can be the hardest part. Liquid clorine is the best for this and I always use 3-4 5 gallon jugs to open the pool since I live in NY and have to close it every year. After years of always having problems with tabs, shock, powder and any other substance that has come along we have found liquid to work the best. Now once the water clear switch over to what ever form works best for you and the pool. I use clorine free chemicals due to the girls having blond hair not sure how it would work in your part of the country but we still use the liquid to open. Do you have a store near you that specilzes in pools. If you do you can bring test water every so often if you have additional problems and they will be able to tell what you need to add or not.