Home General Discussion

Don Arturo

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Just curious if anyone here has one of them or has ever tried one of them. I hadn't even heard of the Don Arturo until this week... Sounds like something I would LOVE to get my hands on but for $60 a stick I know I won't be getting any in the near future!

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    noticed those a few months ago. Don't see myself dropping $60 on a single stick, but who knows...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Just curious if anyone here has one of them or has ever tried one of them. I hadn't even heard of the Don Arturo until this week... Sounds like something I would LOVE to get my hands on but for $60 a stick I know I won't be getting any in the near future!
    holly cow, what/why is it this much? never heard of it either.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    PuroFreak:
    holly cow, what/why is it this much? never heard of it either.
    Google it man, I REALLY wanna try one! If my wife wouldn't kill me I would have ordered one today!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I really want to try them too. There are two cigars. They are Don Arturo Gran AniverXario. One is a natural wrapper and the other is a sun grown wrapper. They were made in 2001 but their release was put off for some reason. I forget when they were supposed to be released but it was a couple of years back. I think it was supposed to be 2002.
    Ah, I get really tired of Fuente's "special" cigars. They are WAY overpriced. I enjoy the anejos, I like some of the hemmingways, have yet to have an opus, though the day is nearing, but damn! I doubt things will change but it just really bothers me.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Honestly, i'm with you guys, Special Edition this, Anniversary that...wtf. I have 2 Opus's resting i got in a 3 pack for a killlller deal, had the anejo.....ok worth the money, Don Carlos 30th...for 45 bucks....no, God of Fire, tried it....probably the only person on the board who doesnt like it. AF makes good stuff, dont get me wrong, but i truly believe HE loves his stuff more than normal consumers. Making CA's cigar of the year does not entitle you to limit production and jack your prices through the roof. Casa Magna's can still be had for 6-8 bucks....
    Edit: That last statement goes double for Padron....
    Jetmech_63:
    Honestly, i'm with you guys, Special Edition this, Anniversary that...wtf. I have 2 Opus's resting i got in a 3 pack for a killlller deal, had the anejo.....ok worth the money, Don Carlos 30th...for 45 bucks....no, God of Fire, tried it....probably the only person on the board who doesnt like it. AF makes good stuff, dont get me wrong, but i truly believe HE loves his stuff more than normal consumers. Making CA's cigar of the year does not entitle you to limit production and jack your prices through the roof. Casa Magna's can still be had for 6-8 bucks....
    Edit: That last statement goes double for Padron....
    yup, well I agree though I liked the GOF. I have yet to try a casa magna, damn!..
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked one of these a few days ago and it was very blah IMHO. However, the Don Carlos Ed Anniversario is a fantastic cigar. Worth the money to have on hand for the "very special occassion cigar"
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    However, the Don Carlos Ed Anniversario is a fantastic cigar. Worth the money to have on hand for the "very special occassion cigar"

Thats all i needed to hear. I'll try ANY cigar once, it's just nice knowing that going into it that it's "worth it".
    Alex Svenson:
    Just smoked one of these a few days ago and it was very blah IMHO. However, the Don Carlos Ed Anniversario is a fantastic cigar. Worth the money to have on hand for the "very special occassion cigar"
    great to hear Alex, a very generous BOTL hear sent me one and I've been dying to try it. I see that Ccom has the 9 pack and it's been calling my name...