Home Non Cigar Related

NFL Draft discussion

Anyone else going to be tuning in tomorrow? I always get pretty exciting this time of year, because I see this as the unofficial start of the NFL season. I have a feeling my Cowboys are going to try and trade up out of the second round, especially since they have the picks to give. What are you guys hoping to see from your favorite teams?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I usually keep up with the draft because I'm a HUGE football fan, and a Cowboys fan also, but this year I haven't had the time to keep up with it. If I could smoke inside sitting at the computer then I would keep up a lot better. My wife would hate me though because all I would do is sit at the computer with a drink and a smoke reading NFL news! haha
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Colts fan since forever...never pulled for another team. "We believe in Polian" is our motto. We just sit back and be amazed at what Polian comes up with. He is a draft genius , the proof is in the results whether you like the Colts or not. You would be hard pressed to find anyone with his record and consistancy over the same amount of years. Looking forward to Saturday and Sunday draft as I am off work this weekend !!!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I'm kinda looking forward to it. On the one hand, my team has the last pick of the first round. On the other hand, that's because WE WON THE SUPER BOWL!!! Sorry, couldn't resist. Stillers need OL, DT, CB...in that order. We're good for another year, but we need to restock the cupboards.
  • bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    Cowboys fan here. I don't think thet have a pic until late in the 2nd round or early 3rd unless they can make a trade or a deal with another team. Jerry Jones was getting nervous according to the news media. I'm not a Romo fan at all. They need a franchise quaterback and he's not it. They were suppose to go along way last year and couldn't even make the playoffs. But I still love them Cowboys.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    bwcarter54:
    Cowboys fan here. I don't think thet have a pic until late in the 2nd round or early 3rd unless they can make a trade or a deal with another team. Jerry Jones was getting nervous according to the news media. I'm not a Romo fan at all. They need a franchise quaterback and he's not it. They were suppose to go along way last year and couldn't even make the playoffs. But I still love them Cowboys.
    I feel like this is Romo's make or break year. There's no excuses, no distractions, none of the nonsense that we've been seeing. I'm still not sure why they passed on their pick in the second round. I wish they could've traded up a few picks and gotten that Massaquoi fella from Georgia. I think he would've been a nice fit at WR.
    Colts take a RB in round one!?!? Didn't see that one coming ...
    Well its over. What did everyone think of their teams choices. The Colts raised some eyebrows ...Curtis Painter the QB from Purdue ...what the ...but it does look like we will be getting bigger on the defensive AND offensive line ...about damn time ...I am sick of seeing our RB's picking up 2-3 yds a carry...I think the Donald Brown kid will be a great pick very explosive and we drafted a big a$$ o-lineman something like 6'4 320ish or so finally! And some big uglies for the DT slots again finally!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm not sure yet on Dallas' picks. This was a pretty weak draft for the 'Boys. I was looking to see Jerry do more with all of those picks.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    The bears didn't really have much for picks. Gilbert looks intersting - he has nice dismount from the pool. cutler I am very happy about. A quarterback in Chi-town. what a concept...
    I am looking forward to this season like no other in recent memory. A healthy Peyton Manning. Finally drafted some big def linemen and some offensive line roadscrappers to open holes for the new kid Donald brown a explosive back we have missed since Edgerrin James early days...GO COLTSSSS !!!