Home General Discussion

Anyone Ever...

Anyone ever tried a Joya De Nicaragua? My MOL just came back from a few days down there and brought me a 10pk of robustos....

Any feedback on this cigar so I know what to expect? I have no room in the humi so it's tuppadorin' it at the moment...

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Is it the Antano?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey scott, I've had the joya de Nicaragua.. These are full bodied, full Flavored cigars. Leathery, spicy, not an everyday cigar but a quality cigar. This cigar is best enjoyed by experienced smokers since it may overpower a novice.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you are talking about the Joya de Nicaragua Antaño robusto, then beware, it is a full bodied powerhouse of a cigar. If it is the Celebracion, it is still strong but not "knock you on your ass" strong.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Most Hoya cigars do put a boot to you.. They are not a brand I smoke often, but they are a brand that I always find pleasing.
    eidt: nevermind.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    One of the first cigars I ever smoked was a Joya and it knocked me on my ass. Eat something hearty beforehand, you don't want to smoke these on any semblance of an empty stomach. They are a really good cigar though, one of my smoking buddy's favorite brands out there.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Most Hoya cigars do put a boot to you.. They are not a brand I smoke often, but they are a brand that I always find pleasing.
    that's what she said....
  • ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Nice, there is no other naming on the label... I've just bought a 2nd humi because these new sticks have no room in my old one.... woo hoo for me!
    Does it look like This? Or maybe like This?
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    i must try one of these, as soon as i get a chance to SMOKE A FREAKIN Cigar. too much travel lately...(sigh)
    It has the close to the same band as the antano - only difference it the fact that it's a bit smaller, and does not say antano on it.... Have not been able to locate a pic of them...

THere we go, that's what it looks like, the consul. Now has anyone seen those?!
    I think that might be just the standard line Joya. They make it in a Criollo wrapper and a Claro wrapper. I've never seen one myself, but I think that might be what it is.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    My lady brought me back one of these when she got back from Nic and it was one of the first cigars I had, needless to say it kicked my ass but was really good.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I have one in Churchill but have not had one yet.
  • BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    No surprise, but I haven't had one.  Sounds like a cigar for a more veteran smoker.