Home Non Cigar Related

eBooks for an iPod

undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
Does anyone know a good website to download books to my iPod? I travel quite a bit for work and I'm getting bored listening to the same music. If the books are free, that wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Comments

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    This is a pretty good site.A friend uses it, and loves it. Don't know how much each book costs, but it shouldn't be too much.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I too travel a lot and get the CDs from the public library. It's a little extra work to put them on the ipod, but the price is right.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    books are always better than ebooks.. just a thought..
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    phobicsquirrel:
    books are always better than ebooks.. just a thought..
    Agreed, but I keep losing my place whenever I read while driving. ;)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    umm, there are these things called, bookmarks, or even you can use a torn piece of paper if your one of those who don't want to buy one. got to get imaginative on some things... I'm sure you'd loose your place much more on a ipod while driving.. among other things..
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I've been a life-long book lover and like nothing more than the feel of a good book... but have also embraced the convenience of other devices. I've been using the Kindle and it's been great (aside from a few minor complaints). I don't have to put down my cigar to turn pages... and can have hundreds of books at my fingertips at all times. I don't think I could stand reading on a small iPod screen though. You can find some good links to free ebooks at this site, plus they have their own download library as well. http://www.mobileread.com/