Home General Discussion

Ramon Bueso

JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
I haven't had these yet, but will probably be making a purchase sometime in July. If you've tried them, what did you think?

Comments

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    The silence is deafening.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I personally love them. My preordered box of toros came yesterday. I still have a handful of the prereleased ones from Andy. If you get them and end up not liking them I'll take them off your hands (trade or purchase)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Ordered 5. Had 2, gave 2 away. To be honest when I smoked them my tastes were all **** up so I can't comment. I do have 1 left and will try soon now that I am all better.
    skweekz:
    I personally love them. My preordered box of toros came yesterday. I still have a handful of the prereleased ones from Andy. If you get them and end up not liking them I'll take them off your hands (trade or purchase)
    Hey, that sounds like a win-win! What would you compare them to?
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    They are ok rott, but much better with a little age. There are a couple of older threads you may wanna check out that were posted when they first came out.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've smoked 3/5 so far, can't say I'm a fan. I doubt it's a bad cigar, it just doesn't do much for me.
  • jswaykosjswaykos Posts: 53
    j0z3r:
    I've smoked 3/5 so far, can't say I'm a fan. I doubt it's a bad cigar, it just doesn't do much for me.
    The massive amount of hype and excessive copy on the sales page has certainly made me a little leery. I've always thought good cigars sell themselves - if a sales pitch/promotion is needed, well, something's being covered up. Just my two cents, of course.
  • Personally. I am a fan. Each person is different so smoke what u like.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I was not impressed, but I could see potential with age. I buried mine, we will see in a few months. I wouldn't be surprised if they were rushed.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    If I were going to guess I'd say we're probably sent quicker than he wanted due to it being the first to hit the us. I got one at Cigarfest gonna age it a little longer and write up a little something if I really like it.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Not to be negative, but I can't even begin to describe how uninterested I am in yet another 5 dollar Nicaraguan maduro. I guess my question would be: Is it better than the JdN Dark Corojo? Is it even close?
    Russ55:
    Not to be negative, but I can't even begin to describe how uninterested I am in yet another 5 dollar Nicaraguan maduro. I guess my question would be: Is it better than the JdN Dark Corojo? Is it even close?
    I would have to say I am always interested. The JdN is a great smoke, and there are others in that range too. You never know what will jump out at you, but I assumed this one was going to be Liga good...and it was not even close
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Russ55:
    I kind of share your sentiment. Bit of over saturation in that portion of the market.

I think the RB is far more balanced than the Dark Corojo. The flavor to strength ratio on the Dark Corojo just seems off to me.

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Just had my second last night, from the original shipment. I wasn't that impressed with my first. This one blew me away. Brought a second for one of my cigar smoking friends and he was blown away as well (and passed it around to many others who enjoyed it). Not overpowering at all but absolutely full-flavored. He didn't make it all the way to the final 3rd on his but when I did I got a malty sweetness that was both unexpected and amazing.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    Just had my second last night, from the original shipment. I wasn't that impressed with my first. This one blew me away. Brought a second for one of my cigar smoking friends and he was blown away as well (and passed it around to many others who enjoyed it). Not overpowering at all but absolutely full-flavored. He didn't make it all the way to the final 3rd on his but when I did I got a malty sweetness that was both unexpected and amazing.
    So, after letting them rest a bit, it sounds like you'd buy again? How would you comapre them to say, maybe the Oliva V or the San Lotano Habano?
    JDH:
    Ken Light:
    So, after letting them rest a bit, it sounds like you'd buy again? How would you comapre them to say, maybe the Oliva V or the San Lotano Habano?
    I'm going to buy a box, absolutely. Personally, I liked it better than any Oliva V I've had, but I've never been enormously impressed by the V. I've had two, one maduro, and all have had burn issues and a flavor profile that was forgettable for me. Maybe I just expected a lot more out of the V than the Bueso, I can't say. I have a couple SL Habanos resting, haven't fired one up yet. Generally I'm terrible at comparing like this though, I know what I like and I know what I'd buy. I'd buy these over a V any day of the week. That day will probably be monday, lol
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Russ55:
    I kind of share your sentiment. Bit of over saturation in that portion of the market.

I think the RB is far more balanced than the Dark Corojo. The flavor to strength ratio on the Dark Corojo just seems off to me.

I can see that when they're fresh, but I enjoy that aspect of them, when I'm in the mood for it, and yet I can see why people wouldn't. Most of mine have 2+ years on them, so they've mellowed and balanced quite a bit.
    It's amazing how we all have differing preferences. For me, the V and the SL Habano are very hard to beat. However, this month I'm going to be picking up some of these Bueso cigars. Thanks for the feedback.
    JDH:
    It's amazing how we all have differing preferences. For me, the V and the SL Habano are very hard to beat. However, this month I'm going to be picking up some of these Bueso cigars. Thanks for the feedback.
    My preferences and yours might not compare very well, then, but at the price these are going for you should give 'em a shot, and you can do that knowing I'll work out a trade or something with you if you decide you want to unload 'em, and I doubt I'm alone in that in case I don't have anything that suits your tastes.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, these are Honduran. Personally, I really like them ROTT and aged they are fantastic. I think the sweet spot will be 12 months or 14 months.
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Waiting on my 5 pack sampler. Can't wait to try them.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    They're available for sale right now? I must buy some to try.
    jliu:
    They're available for sale right now? I must buy some to try.
    a day late Miz Patty... Let them rest when you get them. I am intrigued at trying another soon seeing some positive feedback. I'll still let them erst anohter month or so, I think that's what they need.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    I'm hoping you'll provide your opinion as well, once you've had a chance to try them.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Given all the talk about Ramon again, with the upcoming official 'release' I sacrificed another from CigarFest yesterday. So it had 2 months rest, which I think allowed the flavours to blend even more. Certainly reinforced my opinion of it.....which is, it is great! Also, if you have not seen the youtube promo video, however just ignore that guy in the black shirt with them bright yellow stickers...he doesnt seem to know much....here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEycRqWlfSc&feature=player_embedded *anyway, been there, done that...got the t-shirt....thanks alex!
    Amos Umwhat:
    JDH:
    I'm hoping you'll provide your opinion as well, once you've had a chance to try them.
    I will make a point of it.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    JDH, i just came by your thread, I had made a new post and thread a few days ago, and it was entitled "THE PROJECT GENESIS RAMON BUESO, U need to read my review in the review area I love these cigars so much U have got to purchase smoke and U will agree with all the reviews, I have never got this crazy over a CGAR, but this smoke is OOTW (out of this world) Ireceived my ramon in my COTMC from C.COM goot the one, had it called Tina my CC rep and ordered a box, could not wait drove over 32 miles to pick up 5 more at a BM got raped on the price. well worth it. so buy some today if U have not yet. thanks for your post.
    seagarlover:
    JDH, i just came by your thread, I had made a new post and thread a few days ago, and it was entitled "THE PROJECT GENESIS RAMON BUESO, U need to read my review in the review area I love these cigars so much U have got to purchase smoke and U will agree with all the reviews, I have never got this crazy over a CGAR, but this smoke is OOTW (out of this world) Ireceived my ramon in my COTMC from C.COM goot the one, had it called Tina my CC rep and ordered a box, could not wait drove over 32 miles to pick up 5 more at a BM got raped on the price. well worth it. so buy some today if U have not yet. thanks for your post.
    What store in CA carries them? I would REALLY like to KNOW
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    seagarlover:
    What store in CA carries them? I would REALLY like to KNOW
    Seems like he doesnt want to answer you.. i seen you ask more than once now..
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Started out great, but they i think when i bought them they were still a little wet because it turned bitter about half way through. I'm letting mine sit awhile before I light up another one.

"Long ashes my friends."