Home Non Cigar Related

Police response times.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Report of a burglary.............20 minutes.
Report of an accident...........20 minutes.
Domestic violence call...........15 minutes.
Report of sasquatch..............3 minutes. WTF??

Seriously?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    0patience:

Seriously?
    You don't consider the discovery and capture of the Missing Link a hight priority? Hmph...
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:

Seriously?
    Report of fresh donuts................30 seconds

EDIT - I thought we were joking here, maybe not....did i miss something from the original post?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    If it was Nebraska, this would surprise me, but in Oregon, you would almost have to believe that call over the radio....I have seen some loggers that would fit the description
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a report of a sasquatch at the edge of a field in Warrenton. It took the police 3 minutes to respond to the call. Yet, the average response time for most anything else was normally 15-20 minutes.
    The "sasquatch" ended up being a bear. LOL!

Mind you, this is a town of 4,000 people. So it isn't like the police have to fight traffic to get anywhere.

Why the police were called and what they actually thought they were going to do, I have no idea.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Protect and Serve, Best and Brightest, (insert other sarcasm here)
    letsgowithbob:
    If it was Nebraska, this would surprise me, but in Oregon, you would almost have to believe that call over the radio....I have seen some loggers that would fit the description
    I worked for a logging company for 10 years. All of the logging companies from season 1 on that logging show Ax Men are from the area I live in. Some of the chasers/choker setters are big as oxen and probably just as smart.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    There was a report of a sasquatch at the edge of a field in Warrenton. It took the police 3 minutes to respond to the call. Yet, the average response time for most anything else was normally 15-20 minutes.
    The "sasquatch" ended up being a bear. LOL!

Mind you, this is a town of 4,000 people. So it isn't like the police have to fight traffic to get anywhere.

Why the police were called and what they actually thought they were going to do, I have no idea.
    hahaha, wowww.....
    That sounds like something from the movie Super Troopers. It's almost hard to believe you're not joking about this, that's ridiculous

The requirements to become a police officer must be getting pretty lax these days, huh?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Requirements??? Muscle bound, ego issues, anger management, god complex.
    Vulchor:
    Requirements??? Muscle bound, ego issues, anger management, god complex.
    Naw, Warrenton dropped the muscle bound requirement. Now they have a 5' 3" height and under 350lb requirement. But still retain the ego, anger issue and god complex requirements.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are all wet! After spending 30 years in law enforcement, if you want fast response time, just put out a "Naked Women fighting call." Then you will see some response time!

I did that once, because that was what was happening, and not only did I get nearly every car in the city to back me up, but two or three from other jurisdictions and one State Trooper!

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    You guys are all wet! After spending 30 years in law enforcement, if you want fast response time, just put out a "Naked Women fighting call." Then you will see some response time!

I did that once, because that was what was happening, and not only did I get nearly every car in the city to back me up, but two or three from other jurisdictions and one State Trooper!

Naked woman running from Sassquatch...now that would be a sight.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Were lucky if our fine officers show in less than an hour.
    A car flipped in front of my house and it took one hour ten minutes.
    The drunk driver actually had time to escape while I was attending to his injured father.
    A true coward in my book, leaving his battered father lying on the ground incoherent.
    But I digress, slow response times are the norm here though.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Precisely why the right to bear arms is necessary. I've had multiple break-ins while I was home, now I call after I've dealt with the criminal. They're only going to shop up to see the damage anyways, and telling them you have a firearm only warrants a retarded response form 911.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:

LMAO
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Precisely why the right to bear arms is necessary. I've had multiple break-ins while I was home, now I call after I've dealt with the criminal. They're only going to shop up to see the damage anyways, and telling them you have a firearm only warrants a retarded response form 911.
    When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:

Seriously?
    That's just awesome lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    catfishbluezz:
    Precisely why my pistol sleeps on my bible right next to my 1187. Being a victim once, will change any liberal's mind for life.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Scrambler:
    catfishbluezz:
    Precisely why my pistol sleeps on my bible right next to my 1187. Being a victim once, will change any liberal's mind for life.
    Love my 1187!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Scrambler:
    catfishbluezz:
    Good for you Dustin. When I am home, my Glock is on my nightstand, the wifes pink taurus is on hers, the Shotgun is in my closet along with the M40, oh, and my taser is in the first drawer of my night stand. Hey, ya never know what the situation is going to call for, might as well have a tool for all of them.