Home General Discussion
Options

Admins..

Any rules against posting humidors for sale in this forum?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ha ha ha...
    ...admins....

thats good.

but seriously...
    sell here but dont post prices. if you are not on the good traders list it will be a very difficult sell. your post count higher than 10 will help though.

just go to the trades area.

im not a mod, or an admin...
    we just kinda govern ourselves with respect to Ccom and the fact that they sell things.
    your sale here is a deal between friends. that is why nobody needs to know the price. friends dont discuss money openly; businesses do.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuzi is neither admin or mod, but he did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night................

Sorry Matt, I just had to do it, lol.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Kuzi is neither admin or mod, but he did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night................

thats cool.
    i woulda made the same joke about me had i thought about it.
    i love making fun of me. i am an easy target.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    bandyt09:

thats cool.
    I wish I could say the same for me, but alas, I'm just easy. (That's how my wife got 2 kids)
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    your sale here is a deal between friends. that is why nobody needs to know the price. friends dont discuss money openly; businesses do.
    Yeah, I don't grok that part. When I look at an ad, first thing I want to know IS the price. I belong to a half dozen friendly motorcycle forums dealing with different models, each of which has ads, all ads have prices. The price is a without-which-not of classifieds.

I got rich friends and I got poor friends. It's just money. It's not character.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    webmost:
    kuzi16:
    Yeah, I don't grok that part. When I look at an ad, first thing I want to know IS the price. I belong to a half dozen friendly motorcycle forums dealing with different models, each of which has ads, all ads have prices. The price is a without-which-not of classifieds.

It is out of respect for C.com and the money they spend to maintain this forum. They don't mind things being sold between BOTL here but WE as a community police ourselves by NOT advertizing the price we want for something. If you put it out there BOTL can PM you for more information.
    That way your sale was acheived via C.Com forum but you were not directly competing against them. If someone were to be trying to sell things that competed with C.Com using C.Coms site, obviously that would be wrong. This is a comprimise.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    bandyt09:

thats cool.
    I wish I could say the same for me, but alas, I'm just easy. (That's how my wife got 2 kids)
    I am cheap and easy. My wife loves me for both. But not cigar smoking. Go figure.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    webmost:
    kuzi16:

It is out of respect for C.com and the money they spend to maintain this forum. They don't mind things being sold between BOTL here but WE as a community police ourselves by NOT advertizing the price we want for something. If you put it out there BOTL can PM you for more information.
    That way your sale was acheived via C.Com forum but you were not directly competing against them. If someone were to be trying to sell things that competed with C.Com using C.Coms site, obviously that would be wrong. This is a comprimise.
    Well said.
  • Options
    Fair enough gentlemen...I'll post these humi's in the trade area.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    webmost:
    kuzi16:

All due respect Doug, but I disagree. I think as sales are concerned, pricing should be upfront and in the open. Nobody who sells things here is really competing with cigar.com. I appreciate the spirit of your post, but pricing being in the open makes it harder for price gougers to operate as they can easily be called out by members of the community. Just another perspective on the matter.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    webmost:
    kuzi16:

All due respect Doug, but I disagree. I think as sales are concerned, pricing should be upfront and in the open. Nobody who sells things here is really competing with cigar.com. I appreciate the spirit of your post, but pricing being in the open makes it harder for price gougers to operate as they can easily be called out by members of the community. Just another perspective on the matter.
    True enough Joe. What if someone IS selling something that C.Com sells and they are selling it at or below C.Coms price. That would be competing. We may not have run into this yet but I bet it would happen soon enough.

At any rate this site NOT being mine I don't have anything personally invested in the site, and I do NOT pretend to be in a position to make rules.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    webmost:
    kuzi16:

True enough Joe. What if someone IS selling something that C.Com sells and they are selling it at or below C.Coms price. That would be competing. We may not have run into this yet but I bet it would happen soon enough.

At any rate this site NOT being mine I don't have anything personally invested in the site, and I do NOT pretend to be in a position to make rules.
    That's a valid point, and one I considered as I made my reply. I still think it is hard for an individual to compete with a large retailer...even if I sell something that ccom stocks and I list it for a lower price, the quantity I sell is likely quite limited, so it's not much competition. Now, if we had a vendor on here that was undercutting ccom's prices consistently, that would be another scenario all together, and I would not agree with that going on...but on the individual level, I think competition with such a large online shop is not something that's likely to happen, at least no more than a box here or there.

And at the end of the day, you're last statement is the heart of the matter...we don't make the rules, so whatever the brass at ccom deem appropriate, I suppose we would have to follow.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    LOL. We BORKs don't sell anything here. CCOM are the folks doing the selling, at incredible prices I might add. We just bomb the crap out of each other.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streater:
    LOL. We BORKs don't sell anything here. CCOM are the folks doing the selling, at incredible prices I might add. We just bomb the crap out of each other.
    Very true..
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streater:
    I beg to differ. That's not true in the least. The only reason I have ordered from c.com is this forum. Next time I order, there are at least two items which I will order by the mazo only because a BOTL on thios forum introduced me to them in an unsolicited bomb.

So, no, that's not true. This forum may not shill, but it sells.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)