Home General Discussion

Rocky Patel Gladiator

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
So my friend works at a liquor store with a very nice B&M. They have just gotten in their first shipment of Gladiator by Rocky Patel cigars. I have googled, yahooed, ect. and have found NOTHING at all about these. Anyone know something or are he and I (both very regular cigar smokers) and everyone else too out of the loop on this one?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Well it is Rocky Patel...you didn't expect to know all of his lines, did you? Wink [;)] I quit trying to keep up with the guy when I realized that a) he puts out too many different lines to follow, and b) I don't even like most of his cigars.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Well it is Rocky Patel...you didn't expect to know all of his lines, did you? Wink [;)] I quit trying to keep up with the guy when I realized that a) he puts out too many different lines to follow, and b) I don't even like most of his cigars.
    c) a+b
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    c) a+b
    a+b=c, solve for snoob.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Careful joe, folks get defensive when it comes to their favorite cigar. For the record I have enjoyed many Rocky's as well as AJ's cigars. I don't love everything anyone rolls, but have managed to find good, great, or exceptional sticks from most labels.
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Careful joe, folks get defensive when it comes to their favorite cigar. For the record I have enjoyed many Rocky's as well as AJ's cigars. I don't love everything anyone rolls, but have managed to find good, great, or exceptional sticks from most labels.
    haha, isn't that the truth...I just find that as time goes by, the Rocky Patels, Gurkhas and other mass market brands just don't fit my tastes. Nothing against them, they're just not for me anymore.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Im with a ya, its been years since I remember a great Patel. I am just curious because it does seem like a regular release and there is absolutely nothing out there. If it were another wierd website Patel I wouldnt think twice, just found it odd there is nothing anywhere. And like AJ, most of Rocky's stuff sucks;)
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    j0z3r:
    I totally agree!!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I never heard of this one...and the guys who know me, know im a RP fan. Sounds like maybe its a private blend for that store...Royal Vintage...Ocean Club...etc.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    j0z3r:
    I totally agree!!
    +another rp is way over hyped and priced!! He does have a few sticks I like but still can't justify his price tag and I'm not cheap at all it's just not worth it to me rather have a lfd
    Money can't buy taste
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    That was my thought initially too Kreig...but he works for a chain Liquor store and they have no history of blends for their store----sooooooo.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Im with a ya, its been years since I remember a great Patel. I am just curious because it does seem like a regular release and there is absolutely nothing out there. If it were another wierd website Patel I wouldnt think twice, just found it odd there is nothing anywhere. And like AJ, most of Rocky's stuff sucks;)
    I really enjoyed a recent release by Patel in the Vintage 2003 Cameroon, and continue to visit others of his line without disappointment.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    haha, isn't that the truth...I just find that as time goes by, the Rocky Patels, Gurkhas and other mass market brands just don't fit my tastes. Nothing against them, they're just not for me anymore.
    Spoken like a true, ISOM or Boutique cigar smoking elitist................................(lol jkjkjk lol). (Joe will get this joke)
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Spoken like a true, ISOM or Boutique cigar smoking elitist................................(lol jkjkjk lol). (Joe will get this joke)
    Listen Todd, I've told you time and again...guess I'll have to repeat it yet again, I can't help it if I'm better than you. Get over it.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I think it is a new release that is going to be released at the convention next week. . My local B&M is having a RP event and the end of august and is giving away his new release that they would not name. I'm betting its the Gladiator. Hi, my name is John and I like RP cigars. (RP annonamous member)
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Listen Todd, I've told you time and again...guess I'll have to repeat it yet again, I can't help it if I'm better than you. Get over it.
    lets hug
  • j37silvaj37silva Posts: 1
    This was a cigar that ABC liquor store had made in honor of their anniversary. They ran a "Name the next Rocky Patel cigar" contest and I actually won. Still waiting for my winning box to let you know how they are. Since it's a Rocky, probably good!