Home Non Cigar Related

Custom Disc Golf Discs

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
So I am an avid, I repeat avid disc golfer. Decided to start doing custom dye jobs... here are the ones that I have finished so far

This one I did for my son.

This is my go to disc

this is my putter (I am a huge owl lover as well)

this is my crazy cigar man.. it was the first one I did and it didnt turn out great, due to the plastic of the disc, but I still love it. It is my #2 disc.

I am looking for any fun/crazy/cool stencils to do on some more discs. Any of you have an idea post it up... I would like to get another cigar smoker of some sort.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you giant fucken hippie.

my disc bag has a Valkyrie, a Sidewinder, a Monarch, a Destroyer, a mako, and a wizard.

i know i am a bit distance driver heavy, but im workin on it.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    you giant fucken hippie.

my disc bag has a Valkyrie, a Sidewinder, a Monarch, a Destroyer, a mako, and a wizard.

i know i am a bit distance driver heavy, but im workin on it.
    Lol, I have a flash, champion groove, beast, star sidewinder, gator, jaguar, and some others I don't use much.
    if you ever get out this way ill let you kick my ass in a round. i kinda suck but its still fun as hell.
    kuzi16:
    if you ever get out this way ill let you kick my ass in a round. i kinda suck but its still fun as hell.
    for sure!! I am "OK", I play almost every day. Yesterday I had an "almost" hole in one. The damn disc hit the top of the basket and wedged inbetween the hole sign and the top of the basket... sadly does not count. I just got to where I can throw both sidearm and cross body with some decent accuracy.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I just read in my city newspaper that a local man just won the Disc Golf National Championship. I think it said there were 268 people participating. I know that we have 3 courses set up in town. Kool.
    greg2648:
    I just read in my city newspaper that a local man just won the Disc Golf National Championship. I think it said there were 268 people participating. I know that we have 3 courses set up in town. Kool.
    chicago is the #1 rated place for disc golf in the country
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    greg2648:
    chicago is the #1 rated place for disc golf in the country
    If you google "The Pantagraph", Bllomington Illinois, you should be able to read the story. We are about 2 hours South of Chicago. The guy is from a little town on the outskirts of Bllomington. Said he plays 1-2 times a day. Crazy.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet discs man!! I gotta say, the "smoking cigar man" is probably my favorite of the group but they're all cool.
    Did you draw those freehand or use templates? Either way, I'm impressed...the end result is great. I've thought about trying this myself and found some good templates since I'm artistically challenged - if you're looking for templates, check out this site, they have a ton.

I used to play quite a bit, we have a few courses nearby and I know that at least one of them is used for PDGA events (Brent Hambrick Memorial DGC/Hoover Dam).
    I only got out a few times later year and haven't been out this year yet but when I do....I usually play a Innova Champion Eagle or TeeBird for distance - Birdy for putting - and Discraft Wasp for midrange.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Sweet discs man!! I gotta say, the "smoking cigar man" is probably my favorite of the group but they're all cool.
    Did you draw those freehand or use templates? Either way, I'm impressed...the end result is great. I've thought about trying this myself and found some good templates since I'm artistically challenged - if you're looking for templates, check out this site, they have a ton.

I used to play quite a bit, we have a few courses nearby and I know that at least one of them is used for PDGA events (Brent Hambrick Memorial DGC/Hoover Dam).
    I only got out a few times later year and haven't been out this year yet but when I do....I usually play a Innova Champion Eagle or TeeBird for distance - Birdy for putting - and Discraft Wasp for midrange.
    i have thrown a few rounds on many courses here in Ohio. the most difficult holds a PDGA tournament every year. that course is damn hard and i have lost a few discs there. (in medina ohio) i dont play that course often. its too good for me.
  • RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    i've gotta get me one of these custom dye jobs. I just started playing this winter and these are awesome looking!
    RobIsSweet:
    i've gotta get me one of these custom dye jobs. I just started playing this winter and these are awesome looking!
    hey... i see you are in the area. maybe at some point we can get together for a round then a cigar after?
  • RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    yeah for sure, I know insomnia has been trying to get something together.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Frolfin and Herfin sounds like my type of event. I played 3 courses around here this past weekend. I can't wait to go out and play some more.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Frolfin and Herfin sounds like my type of event. I played 3 courses around here this past weekend. I can't wait to go out and play some more.
    if you make it down this way let me know, I would love to herf and throw some disk with ya. That goes for anyone on the boards btw
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A local park had a community fair yesterday and they had a booth that had to do with disc golf. My son and I checked it out. It's a lot of fun. Hard, but fun.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    A local park had a community fair yesterday and they had a booth that had to do with disc golf. My son and I checked it out. It's a lot of fun. Hard, but fun.
    did you buy that? thats awesome!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    What does 5 5 -1 1 mean?
    Rain:
    What does 5 5 -1 1 mean?
    speed, glide, turn, fade
    Rain:
    What does 5 5 -1 1 mean?
    it means that that is a good mid range disc for me.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I have a couple of friends that play tournaments around the state, I'm awful but I enjoy getting out and playing once or twice a week in the summer, still haven't figured out the forehand throw. Coolest disc I have is from a bar I worked at in college and am still tight with the owner, glow in the dark from a twilight tournament he put on for employees and friends.