Home Non Cigar Related

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had that much money, I'd want to hide it too... and only invest in stuff I want to. I can spend my money better than the government can for my own benefit.

Companies too though... I remember Microsoft having some ungodly amount of free cash, but still issuing bonds here to raise money because it would be more expensive to transfer that cash here to the US. It is a real issue .

On another note, why blame rich for not paying taxes when over half of the population doesn't have to anyway? I'd wanna see everyone paying before criticising who is "skipping out"
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    If Mr. Romney was doing due diligence in order to purchase a company that had been in business for over 30 years, and they declared that they would only provide 1 year of tax and financial records, I wonder what his response would be.

If Mr. Romney was hiring a Nanny who had 30 years of experience, and she would only provide the last year of her resume, and no references, I wonder what his response would be.

We the People have a right to know about his business practices, because he has made those practices the best reason for US to hire him.

Mr. Romney has declared that he is being attacked for being “successful”. I disagree. Nobody is “attacking” him for his success. However, I am greatly concerned with what I believe is his unvarnished greed.

Greed, especially greed on Wall St and in the banking industry (where he’s had his “success” in business) has brought the world economy to its knees, and destroyed the lives of countless millions of innocent men and women.

Because of his success on Wall St., I want to be assured that he is not part of the culture of greed, and that he did not make his money by engaging in predatory, greedy business practices. That may not be fair, but my Dad always told me that we would be judged by the company we keep, and that “if you lay down with dogs, you’ll probably wake up with fleas.”

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In today's America, financial success is a crime punishable by confiscation. If I had that kind of money, I'd hide it. Wouldn't you? Heck, if I had that kind of money I'd buy me a senator or two. Would have to. For that matter, I dodge all the taxes I can, poor as I am. Don't you?

Here in Dull-Aware, we have no sales taxes. Come Christmas, freeways from Merryland, Joisey, and Pennsyltucky will all be jammed with shoppers coming to our malls. Nobody pays taxes if they can help it. Why would you? Look what they do with them.

Do not infer from that that I support a stock swindler for president. But this is the wrong reason to despise him. Get a grip.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)