Home Non Cigar Related

Been laid off... #&$%

Just got laid off from my first "real world" job/career. Their reasoning is that the company is losing money and blah blah blah. Great way to start off my scheduled vacation to go look for wedding venues. Now I need to sell anything of value to help pay rent and help pay for the wedding... Yayyyy... Anyway I'm sure you'll be seeing me post in the "what are you drinking today" and "what are you smoking tonight" threads very soon.

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Jarett, very sorry to hear about the bad news. I am sure something better will come up. Take care.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is disheartening news, my friend, but try to maintain a positive outlook. Something will come along. Usually something better. I'll hold good thoughts for ya.......
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear bro. If you need anything to hold you over please just hit me up. I think having your addy may not be a bad thing either. PM to ya.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for that news Jarett, keep your head up my man...take a couple days to process then hit it hard, you'll come out on top.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Been there Jarett.. It's very unsettling right away, but things have a way of working out.
    Hope your bounce back is quick.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Vision:
    Sorry to hear bro. If you need anything to hold you over please just hit me up. I think having your addy may not be a bad thing either. PM to ya.
    pm replied brother
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    thanks for the kind words my friends.... It took me by surprise
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    thanks for the kind words my friends.... It took me by surprise
    My advice from having been there...don't let it get you down.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't say that I have been there, because I haven't. So I can't say I know what you are going through.
    That said, I hope the best for you and my grandfather once told me that everything happens for a purpose and I believe in that.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Man I'm sorry!! I really am it's f-ed up and it seems horrible right now but I'm sure you'll make due. Let me know if you need something and I'll try my best to help!
    Money can't buy taste
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prayers sent, good luck think positive it will all work out!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Well, you didn't open that door. Don't beat yourself up. The next one is yours. Opportunity!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear dude. come over. we will watch rounders together
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this... my thoughts and prayers are with you
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Brother... I have been exactly in your shoes - laid off, right before a wedding.. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, and I am always available if you need someone to talk to/vent/otherwise. Many of the BOTL on this forum were lifesavers for me during that time (you guys know who you are).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    So sorry to read this. I know how your feeling, I lost my job when my wife was seven months pregnant. Just remember when one door closes another opens. And if it doesn't open, kick it open!
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Sorry to hear it brother, Hope you can find somehting better immediately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That sucks bro, I hope you find something better soon. Keep your head up and try to be in good spirits - you never know when something may just come your way.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this news brother. Don't know what line of work your in but hopefully it's one that's in high demand. I've never been laid off but I've expierenced times when things have been extremely slow. Where I only got to work half as much as is normal.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bunch of us have been through similar situations the last couple of years. We know the struggle so vent here and reach out if you need to let out some frustration. Easier said then done but try to stay positive. It will turn around.