Home General Discussion

Just a little promo for Xikar

TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
I had the element lighter which I loved, but it was having some burn issues and my cutter needed to be sharpened. I sent them both back and they sent me two new ones. Good business...

Comments

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Might have to get me one of their cutters here soon, and my b-day is coming up here quick, so I might just have to include it in my b-day purchase.

And your new avatar just made my day. I wonder what vitola he is smoking, Super Churchill?
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I have the element lighter as well, it's a fantastic little device!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Tumbler:
    I had the element lighter which I loved, but it was having some burn issues and my cutter needed to be sharpened. I sent them both back and they sent me two new ones. Good business...

Suweeeet
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I just got my Xi2 cutter the other day, used it once...all other cutters went in the trash! Cant believe it took me so long to get one. You can skimp on a lighter but you GOTTA have a good cutter. A crappy smash cut will just piss your off!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, I've been smoking for several years but just got a good cutter for Valentines day. I don't know what took me so damn long to get one. I won't use any other cutters thats for damn sure!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Yea, I've been smoking for several years but just got a good cutter for Valentines day. I don't know what took me so damn long to get one. I won't use any other cutters thats for damn sure!
    +1! I love my Xikar cutter, wish a buddy of mine would listen to me and stop buying all these cheap plastic cutters.

"Long ashes my friends."

• brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I broke down and got an xi3 several weeks ago and am very glad that I did. I'm sure either of the other ones would be just fine, but I really wanted the wood handles.
    HO..LY...CRAAAPPP!!! Just went to accessories and looked at the Xikar Xi3 Cutter-Redwood handles. Chiiiiittttt!!!! Man is this thing really worth 80 bucks ??? I mean one of my weaknesses is I'm a gadgety son of a gun but damn....80 bucks for a cutter !?!?!? It is awsome looking and I'm having a hard time not just ordering it and telling myself I deserve it but damn !!!
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I paid about $65 for mine. It is worth it to me, but I'm sure one of the less expensive models would work just as well. They all have the warranty, I believe.
    gmill880:
    HO..LY...CRAAAPPP!!! Just went to accessories and looked at the Xikar Xi3 Cutter-Redwood handles. Chiiiiittttt!!!! Man is this thing really worth 80 bucks ??? I mean one of my weaknesses is I'm a gadgety son of a gun but damn....80 bucks for a cutter !?!?!? It is awsome looking and I'm having a hard time not just ordering it and telling myself I deserve it but damn !!!
    Just to help you in your purchase gmill Here is a review I found with the difference between the models. It looks like the blades and mechanisms are the exact same on every model, the difference in price is for what you want to wrap your handle with. Oh and if you register your cutter on the Xikar site, they send a free leather case for it. I know what I'm getting myself for a b-day present!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    gmill880:
    Just to help you in your purchase gmill Here is a review I found with the difference between the models. It looks like the blades and mechanisms are the exact same on every model, the difference in price is for what you want to wrap your handle with. Oh and if you register your cutter on the Xikar site, they send a free leather case for it. I know what I'm getting myself for a b-day present!
    you can find better prices on these cutters, just need to shop around. I ordered mine off of Amazon, paid only $29.

"Long ashes my friends."

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I just ordered an Xi2 off the devil site, it was pretty much normal price but included at least three ultra-premium sticks with it, including a double espresso Graycliff.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    My brother has one with the Cohiba logo on it that he got in a gift pack. Now, my el cheapo $5 cutter works good, but DAMN. I thought all cutters were pretty much the same, but the Xikars cut fiiiiiiiiiiine.
    Just pulled the trigger on one from Amazon, went with the Xi 1. The estimated ship date says May 4th to 5th, just in time for Cinco De Mayo!!
    Thanks Garen much appreciated
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Garen B:
    gmill880:
    you can find better prices on these cutters, just need to shop around. I ordered mine off of Amazon, paid only $29.
    I found the xi3 to have a smoother cut than the xi2... though they both work just fine.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    Last week was a good cigar week for me. Along with getting new cigars almost everyday that ended in y, I got a new Axia on Tuesday and and new Xi2 in Friday. The Axia i got from the B&M. After picking this thing up and holding it from being there on Monday, I had to have it, coulda shopped around but, I just wanted this lighter. Owner end up giving me 10% off so I still gotta break. Like I said this lighter is one you just wanna hold and carry. Its design is uber badass and it feels very well in the hand, almost like a hilt to a great knife. Function and capacity wise, I could like it a bit better. Either the tank is tooo small or it burns too much gas, but it cetainly needs a lot of refueling. Also I think it gets hots PDQ. ITs still super cool and I love having it. As for the cutter, I agree with what everyelse has said. I would never wanna clip with another cutter again. Between the free sheaths and the lifetime warranty on each of these and their humidity products keeping my stogies ready to smoke, I am sure I will enjoy these purchases for years to come. +1 for Xikar.
    Used my new Xikar on Friday, all I have to say is: I don't have to buy anymore cutters ever again.
    I just got my Xi2 cutter the other day, used it once...
    ... and it broke. Just fell apart, and won't go back together. Guess I've got to send it back already. Cripes.
  • d_nowelld_nowell Posts: 57
    Just wanted to thank Garen B for telling everyone about the free sheath on Xikar.com just went and got mine ordered, very simple to do... Thank you
    zoom6zoom:
    I just got my Xi2 cutter the other day, used it once...
    ... and it broke. Just fell apart, and won't go back together. Guess I've got to send it back already. Cripes.

Holy crap man ...how long did you have it ...let us know what Xikar does about it ...
    Like I said.. used it ONCE. Dropped it just a few inches, the spring flew out, and even with what I believe are all the parts I can't get it back together. I'm sure they will take care of it, I'm just a bit disappointed.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    That sucks. I just bought a xi2 cutter, I hope it turns out alright.
    If you registered it zoomy, you should be good, they have a lifetime warranty on the blades and a 2 week return policy.
  • d_nowelld_nowell Posts: 57
    I have the Xi2 cutter and wouldnt trade it for 10 other cutters
  • BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    Your promotion is working well.  I had never heard of the brand before, so I went to their website.  Cool cutters!  I prefer punches and I saw that Xikar had those, too.  Everyone seems to be talking about the high quality of the cutters, but are all punches created equal?  Is there good reason to spend money on a Xikar punch?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Biggin:
    Your promotion is working well.  I had never heard of the brand before, so I went to their website.  Cool cutters!  I prefer punches and I saw that Xikar had those, too.  Everyone seems to be talking about the high quality of the cutters, but are all punches created equal?  Is there good reason to spend money on a Xikar punch?
    They do have a punch I am planning on purchasing when I get around to it that is self sharpening. It has a rod that slides in the open end of the punch and sharpens it every time you use it.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    Biggin:
    They do have a punch I am planning on purchasing when I get around to it that is self sharpening. It has a rod that slides in the open end of the punch and sharpens it every time you use it.
    Which model is that?

I have the 007 and the 008. Love the 008.