Home Ratings & Reviews

GENESIS THE PROJECT RAMON BUESO

Listen when I say, if U have not tried this smoke, I urge U to do so, the review on this smoke printed in the August COTMC paperwork is true to the end of the review, I received these cigars today and this was my first smoke out of the 5, I have been waiting for this to arrive, it was well worth the wait, i know I sound like I work for the company, I'm just a smoker like U and want to share my opinion on this smoke. look at the shine on the wrapper, it is so smooth and shiny I hope I was able to capture the dark dark color and shine that makes this smoke so AWESOME, I have never had a smoke with such a look like this smoke, TRY IT. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I know there's a lot of mixed feelings about the Bueso, it seems you either love it or hate it.

I personally like it a lot.

Really nice flavor profile, fairly complex.

All the haters keep on hating. That just leaves more for me.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    I know there's a lot of mixed feelings about the Bueso, it seems you either love it or hate it.

I personally like it a lot.

Really nice flavor profile, fairly complex.

All the haters keep on hating. That just leaves more for me.
    Totally agree. Love that stick
  • Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    Very good cigar! One of my favorites
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    for the price, awesome stick. going to let mine rest for a year or so and then try them again.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It is a good cigar for the price. And that's exactly my problem with it. I don't want to have to qualify my enjoyment of a cigar, I just want to have a cigar I enjoy period...whether the price is low or it costs a little more, I just want to say that's a damn good cigar and let that be that. I have a lot of cigars that are good, solid sticks for the price I paid, and at one point that was a good thing, but nowadays those aren't the cigars I reach for. Does that make sense? I get the feeling that some are going to take this as something different than what I intended...oh well, such is life.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    It is a good cigar for the price. And that's exactly my problem with it. I don't want to have to qualify my enjoyment of a cigar, I just want to have a cigar I enjoy period...whether the price is low or it costs a little more, I just want to say that's a damn good cigar and let that be that. I have a lot of cigars that are good, solid sticks for the price I paid, and at one point that was a good thing, but nowadays those aren't the cigars I reach for. Does that make sense? I get the feeling that some are going to take this as something different than what I intended...oh well, such is life.
    i'm with you on this jojo.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I understand Joe. I really like this cigar. I would still really like it if it cost the price of the ligas I love so much. But being that it does cost less is just a bonus. When it comes to what cigar I'm going to smoke price doesn't matter. If I enjoy it, is what matters to me.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I wasn't overly impressed, but I did smoke the one I had down to the nub. It had one of those tastes that I just couldn't put my finger on. And didn't know if I even liked it, or not. Beautiful stick, though. I'm thinking these could rest.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I wasn't overly impressed, but I did smoke the one I had down to the nub. It had one of those tastes that I just couldn't put my finger on. And didn't know if I even liked it, or not. Beautiful stick, though. I'm thinking these could rest.
    Had the same experience, let it rest, and it improved drastically. I'm about due to smoke another one and see if it changed again.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    Had the same experience, let it rest, and it improved drastically. I'm about due to smoke another one and see if it changed again.
    I'm with catfish on this one, even 2-3 monts on the pre-release samples did these puppies good.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    It's nice to see I'm not alone in my love for this smoke, I have found my cigar, for now, I had ordered a box today after I got my COTMC, I smoked it up and can't wait for the box to arrive so I called several B&M and found one in Sherman oaks, I live in Simi Valley, if U are from CA then U know it's not that close. it was worth the drive
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Just got one from Trident in my MAW, smoked it this morning and just ordered a bundle. At those prices...no question
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    I'm with catfish on this one, even 2-3 monts on the pre-release samples did these puppies good.
    Good to know. I spotted one in the bottom of my humi the other day and thought about revisiting it.
    The couple pre-releases I had weren't that great, but they've been resting for a few months now, I think it's time to give this one another shot.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm about half-way through one of the pre-releases from May and so far it's awesome. Great maduro flavors with a very unique overall profile. I'm impressed.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    seagarlover:
    It's nice to see I'm not alone in my love for this smoke, I have found my cigar, for now, I had ordered a box today after I got my COTMC, I smoked it up and can't wait for the box to arrive so I called several B&M and found one in Sherman oaks, I live in Simi Valley, if U are from CA then U know it's not that close. it was worth the drive
    Oh really? What shop had them???
  • crazycrazy Posts: 1
    I agree with you my man, Genesis The Project just became my favorite stick. Beats the heck out of a lot of expensive over rated ones. Even out of the box. Imagine aging it a bit more. Nice post j0z3r!
  • bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Terrific cigar with a singular taste. The wrapper is celestial. Like the box's craftsmanship, too. Give 'em to customers full of pens & swag as a thank-you. When I have a multiple smokes day, often start with a Genesis robusto. And return to the toro or torpedo later in the day. Yinz should let 'em rest for a month. They are a bit raw rotb. Hope we get more brands from Ramon Bueso.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    bripper:
    Terrific cigar with a singular taste. The wrapper is celestial. Like the box's craftsmanship, too. Give 'em to customers full of pens & swag as a thank-you. When I have a multiple smokes day, often start with a Genesis robusto. And return to the toro or torpedo later in the day. Yinz should let 'em rest for a month. They are a bit raw rotb. Hope we get more brands from Ramon Bueso.
    Alex posted to another Genesis thread about a new blend later this year, very different from Genesis. Can't wait, love these!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    bripper:
    Alex posted to another Genesis thread about a new blend later this year, very different from Genesis. Can't wait, love these!
    I was searching for it and couldnt find it.
  • Have a couple in the Humi and have been wanting to try them since Cigar Fest. Maybe I will light up one tonight!!!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    AHHHHHHHHHHH SEAGAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait, nevermind. Good smoke.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone who likes these, check the weekend blitz...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Shsssss!
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I'm up for a box split if anyone wants in... Robustos I'm thinking.
  • I was actually impressed with this cigar halfway through it. The flavor was one of the most complex ones I've had in years. But unfortunately it started tasting too much like tar at about the band. Good smoke though.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM to all smoked up
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    right back atcha
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a light bulb went off, I dive in the humidor and rummaged round the bottom, and, sure enough, I dug out a Ramon Bueso Genesis robusto. Last night, fired up the hearth, lit Bearswatter's latest stink killer candle, punched up the DVR, tabbed a beer, so with all set, I perched to review this Genny. Conclusion: I don't get it. The best I can say is, it has a nice label. Downhill from there.

First off, it appeared to be blackwashed with a sponge. You know how they paint some cigars with blackwash? I don't mind that; I'm convinced the Black Market is painted and I like the Black Market. But this one seemed blackwashed with a watery mix dabbed with a sponge. Then it was slighly crooked. You can see in the pic how had to prop it against Dan's stogie stand so it wouldn't roll off the ulu, it was so crooked. End was definitely cut crooked. Then the cap was knobbly. I mean, I should talk, I suppose, cause the sticks I roll are crooked with lumpy caps. But then again, I haven't been rolling ten hours a day for thirty years in some Dominican sweatshop like Rosita Lupita Maria Conchita Evita Consuela de Jesus and her sister Luz, so I have an excuse. Had to hacketty whack to get the cap off. That left me with shreds. Every time I yanked out a shred, another came out, like a box of kleenex.

Let's get past the construction gripes. A nice enough burnt coffee odor. Tightish draw, coffee flavor unlit. Took me two matches to light it. Bunches of smoke. The smoke shredded too, and flew away sideways. There was coffee and there was something else that took me until this morning to figure out. There was a flavor like when you snore. You wake up with this dry mouth that tastes like mek mek mek I gotta go get a drink.

I puffed at it for about twenty minutes. It was okay I suppose. Nothing to write home about. Some Maxwell House, black. Let's put it this way: Even with the hearth drawing and her candle lit, Bearswatter kept on **** about the stank of this thing, and it wasn't fun enough smoking it to put up with her griping, so I tossed it in the fire. Something which I don't do on principle.

I dunno. I gave it two stars, but I think that's generous. I can find you plenty of three buck cigars put this thing to shame.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Blasphemy Davis!!!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Every one that I have gets better. Wasnt really impressed at first.