Home General Discussion

You "Pick my Stick" for tonight (Monday 8/27 -JdN Review COMPLETED WITH PIC)

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Ok once again you guys get to pick my smoke for tonight. I smoke it and review it in my simple way.

Choices are:

1. Pvnisher
2. 5 Vegas Miami
3. Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo

I usually go outside around 7PM Mountain time. Gives y'all 3 hours to pick my stick !

Comments

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    JDN Dark....easy peasy
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    MVW67:
    JDN Dark....easy peasy
    That one has been in the mix for a long time....... will see what they pick for me tonight. Thanks for voting !
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDN. Close the thread now... its a wrap!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Pvnisher. Only because I've never had one.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go JDN Dark Mr. Jim and have fun out there!!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!!!! JDN DC finally gaining some traction.... Doo eeet.

And have the punisher tomorrow - be prepared for a pepper blast like no other.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    i also would like to hear your review on the pvnisher
    J de N today. Pvnisher tomorrow!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    We all win.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I say get punished tonight! Light that pepper bomb off. I personally loved them at first...not so much now
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    JDN is what I would go with.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    I would have been interested in your perspective on the JdN Adc. Had one today. And had no hint of the sweetness I've read some here say it has. Maybe mine needed more rest as many say it should have.
    Smoked the JdN last night.... WOW what a powerhouse ! This was the Pesadilla (4.7" x 60).

Prelight showed nice construction. Not perfect but well made. Big ring has lots of tobacco in it! Prelight lick tasted like paste. Not kidding. No flavor just paste. Pre-light draw was perfect. Not too tight not too loose.

Windy tonight so had to use the torch. Dang, its hard to light BIG RG sticks right. Lots of smoke. I like that. Nice flavor, pepper and spice jumps out.

About half way had to do a few touch ups. Likely due to the wind but maybe the big RG. Still like the flavor but WOW this stick is starting to kick my butt. Starting to sense a little cocoa but might be my imagination too. Woodsy nice flavor.

I am used to smoking strong sticks but this one really knocked me off my feet. Great smoke, glad I had a big dinner. Glad I had lots of ice water. Overall this stick is great. Well into my top ten list. My simple rating is 4 of 5 and I will buy more but probably in the smaller ring.

Thanks folks.... not sure I am up the the Pvnisher tonight though.... maybe something a little tamer. Not sure I can do this two days in a row !
    jadelt:
    Thanks folks.... not sure I am up the the Pvnisher tonight though.... maybe something a little tamer. Not sure I can do this two days in a row !
    Glad to see you enjoyed it. My $.02 - I bet your burn issues were due to the wind, I've only smoked a few of these but have never had burn issues with them.

And I say stick with the Punisher tonight!! The initial pepper blast is a lot, but after the first 10 minutes or so it calms down. Heck, compared to the JDN, you may think the Punisher's mild...relatively speaking of course. IMO, once you get past the initial pepper, the Punisher does not pack nearly as much of a punch as the JDN.

jgibv:
    Glad to see you enjoyed it. My $.02 - I bet your burn issues were due to the wind, I've only smoked a few of these but have never had burn issues with them.

I suspect you are right that the wind was my enemy..... Also I forgot to mention this was a full 2 hour stick.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this close to the Antano?? I heard they were a powerhouse that needed to rest..
    Bigshizza:
    Is this close to the Antano?? I heard they were a powerhouse that needed to rest..
    Yep. To be precise this was the Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo Pesadilla (Belicoso). 4.7 x 60

Kicked the crap outta me..... man this is one powerhouse. And I like them strong but this one blew me away. This was only in my humidor about a month. I loved it but be careful with it. It will hurt you if you arent ready.
    jadelt:
    Bigshizza:
    Yep. To be precise this was the Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo Pesadilla (Belicoso). 4.7 x 60

Kicked the crap outta me..... man this is one powerhouse. And I like them strong but this one blew me away. This was only in my humidor about a month. I loved it but be careful with it. It will hurt you if you arent ready.
    +1
    You don't want to smoke this on an empty stomach...