Home General Discussion

They call me the teenager whisperer.

I'm a big fan of having my friends over for a small herf, and introducing them to real cigars. I can't tell you how many times I've had guys come over with a pack of Black and Milds thinking they're hardcore. I usually hand out a Padron or something like that to get them started. I love seeing the look on their face when they convert from crappy gas station smokes to real cigars.

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Thought this was going to be a much different topic. I could get into about being the teenage whisperer when I was a little younger, but I dont know if the women would still tell the police.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    I'm a big fan of having my friends over for a small herf, and introducing them to real cigars. I can't tell you how many times I've had guys come over with a pack of Black and Milds thinking they're hardcore. I usually hand out a Padron or something like that to get them started. I love seeing the look on their face when they convert from crappy gas station smokes to real cigars.
    that's awesome man. for the few buddies of mine that don't know their cigars, I give them something that is whatever. you give out a padron to your buddies like that? wow. I guess that makes sense. You michigan militia folks are pretty hard hitters
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    jliu:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    that's awesome man. for the few buddies of mine that don't know their cigars, I give them something that is whatever. you give out a padron to your buddies like that? wow. I guess that makes sense. You michigan militia folks are pretty hard hitters
    crazy the only thing I thought michagan people hit hard was....well I will leave that alone. Also have them to thank for the worst movie ever... escanaba in the moonlight. Very cool to show your friends the good stuff
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Every once in a while my son will stop by with some of his friends. I'll pass out some sticks in my men den and they'll sit there smoking and drinking like they are pros. Each one leaves in his own shade of green. Wusses! All of them.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Every once in a while my son will stop by with some of his friends. I'll pass out some sticks in my men den and they'll sit there smoking and drinking like they are pros. Each one leaves in his own shade of green. Wusses! All of them.
    I look forward to these days! In about 15 years.
  • beatnic:
    Haha that's what I want to do when I'm older.
  • And when I say Padron, it's a rare occasion if I would give away a 64 or anything. Usually just the cheaper 6000 series. Still just one of my favorite smokes, so it's not crazy expensive. Should have clarified that earlier lol
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    And when I say Padron, it's an everyday occasion I would give away a family reserve no. 45. Never the cheaper 6000 series. Still just one of my favorite smokes, so it's not crazy expensive. Should have clarified that earlier lol
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the padron reg. Line. I introduced a few of my buddies to cigars,and thy seem to enjoy them. Then a couple said they can't cause their girlfriends don't like it... lol! Makes me love my wife more :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Yeah, I'm all about Padrons. Definitely one of my favorite brands. And that sucks about their girlfriends, I'd say I might pick cigars over girls. Well... a long term relationship anyways.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... tough situation. But I'd say if you can't respect my decisions,to a reasonable degree, you can get out! Haha. The Padron maduro londres is where I fell in love
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whisper to teens??
    The only thing they seem to respond to is yelling at them.

You know, "Get your lazy A** off the couch, go find a job and get the hell out of my house!!"
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Whisper to teens??

You know, "Get your lazy A** off the couch, go find a job and get the hell out of my house!!"
    I say that to my 18 year old all the time!!
  • Bigshizza:
    0patience:
    Whisper to teens??

I say that to my 18 year old all the time!!
    haha.. yeah, kids my age for the most part don't have their *** together. I can't count on one hand how many of my friends have jobs. It's pretty sad.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Whisper to teens??

This reminds me of something that happened while I was an Army Recruiter. Young fella comes in, "I'm ready", and signs up. Dad drove him there. This kid had been toying with Recruiters for a couple years, been through ASVAB, even been to MEPPS and had a physical, always bowed out before the final signing. While he was busy with paperwork I stepped out with Dad for a smoke.

"How'd this come about?" I asked.
    "Well, I told him he needed to be home for a special dinner last night. Had his Mom cook all his favorite stuff. After dinner, I asked him if he had anything of importance to say to me. He said 'no', so I reached under the table, brought out my hammer, and broke his dinner plate! Last free meal, son, whatcha gonna do for a living?"
    Made my day.

Keep up the good work, Blue eyes, we need to pass the torch, and it should be hand rolled.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    beatnic:
    LMAO!!! Im guessing you're skipping telling them the part about "now, you dont INHALE these when you smoke them" part for your own amusement there beatnic. Kind of a **** thing to do - and utterly BRILLIANT! LOL I salute you sir!!! :-)

Back on topic, introducing good friends to the cigar hobby is one of the best parts of the hobby for me! Good on the OP for spreading the word to the uninitiated.

• Amos Umwhat:
    0patience:
    Whisper to teens??

This reminds me of something that happened while I was an Army Recruiter. Young fella comes in, "I'm ready", and signs up. Dad drove him there. This kid had been toying with Recruiters for a couple years, been through ASVAB, even been to MEPPS and had a physical, always bowed out before the final signing. While he was busy with paperwork I stepped out with Dad for a smoke.

"How'd this come about?" I asked.
    "Well, I told him he needed to be home for a special dinner last night. Had his Mom cook all his favorite stuff. After dinner, I asked him if he had anything of importance to say to me. He said 'no', so I reached under the table, brought out my hammer, and broke his dinner plate! Last free meal, son, whatcha gonna do for a living?"
    Made my day.

Keep up the good work, Blue eyes, we need to pass the torch, and it should be hand rolled.
    Hahahaha! Luckily I haven't had to have that talk yet.