Home General Discussion

Brazilian Tobacco

I recently had the re-released Alec Bradley MAXX Brazil and was reintroduced to brazilian tobacco. While puffing away it hit me that I never smoked a cigar that used Brazilian tobaccos that I wasn't fond of. They have always been memorable sticks that I smoked many of. But this cigar struck my taste buds so much that it is currently at the top of my list of cigars to smoke all the time. It is filled with flavor that is strong enough but not overpowering and has a finish that is similiar to a hot coffee (cream and sugar) or a dark chocolate candy bar. It sits on my palette and is extremely lip smacking even an hour after I'm done.
I haven't smoked a lot of Brazilian tobacco cigars so I was wondering what other brazilian cigars you all recommend or like.

So far out of tobbacos from Brazil I smoked the CAO Brazilia, Obsidian, La Perla Habana Black Pearl and of course, the MAXX Brazil...

Comments

• musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    I have only Had the CAO Brazilia but after reading this I really want to try this stick from AB
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    musicman3:
    I have only Had the CAO Brazilia but after reading this I really want to try this stick from AB
    so do i!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I really like brazillian tobacco too.... hmm.
  • That sounds interesting to try.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the CAO's with some age (and without). I really want to get in on some of these too
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ScottCScottC Posts: 38
    They are up on Cigar.com but somewhat hidden....

MAXX Brazil
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    I have tried both the MAXX Brazil and the CAO Brazil. I would say they were both at the top of my list cigars I have enjoyed.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    insomnniapb:
    I have tried both the MAXX Brazil and the CAO Brazil. I would say they were both at the top of my list cigars I have enjoyed.
    . How do you think they compare to each other?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    Read an interesting article in the Most recent lifestyle mag which talks about Hawaiian tobacco from a small family farm. Grown in Hawaii and then rolled in Nicaragua and sold back in Hawaii also.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    insomnniapb:
    oooohhhh.... thats a good question right there.
    danm. now i have to get and try both again.
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Gray4lines:
    insomnniapb:
    I'm not sure how I would put it. The CAO was more on the sweet side and much heavier of a cigar. The MAXX was a lighter almost a bit minty to me at least. It has been a while since I have smoked either. I would fire up a MAXX right now, but it's my last one and it's been resting for a while, and sadly I am a bit sick right now.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    ScottC:
    I recently had the re-released Alec Bradley MAXX Brazil and was reintroduced to brazilian tobacco. While puffing away it hit me that I never smoked a cigar that used Brazilian tobaccos that I wasn't fond of. They have always been memorable sticks that I smoked many of. But this cigar struck my taste buds so much that it is currently at the top of my list of cigars to smoke all the time. It is filled with flavor that is strong enough but not overpowering and has a finish that is similiar to a hot coffee (cream and sugar) or a dark chocolate candy bar. It sits on my palette and is extremely lip smacking even an hour after I'm done.
    I haven't smoked a lot of Brazilian tobacco cigars so I was wondering what other brazilian cigars you all recommend or like.

So far out of tobbacos from Brazil I smoked the CAO Brazilia, Obsidian, La Perla Habana Black Pearl and of course, the MAXX Brazil...
    try pairing it with a big ol f'n cup/mug/quart of Chocolate milk and the experience gets even better