Home General Discussion

One cigar a month.

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
As my health waivers I have to set a strict regime of one cigar per month until further notice.
Any suggestions on cigars that will fit my needs and fulfill my cravings without making me pray to the great white porcelain god.
My tolerance for strong cigars is lost to me for now I fear.
Sad days indeed are ahead for me I fear but I do not want to completly give up cigars just yet.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    In that case, if I only got one, it would be a padron family reserve or Cuban double corona or behike. Make it the best of the best my friend and cherish every moment of it.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i say mix it up. visit different countries and regions every month
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    That sucks. I would suggest your "occasion stick". You know, the one you only get for special occasions, with as much as you will save by only smoking once a month, should be easier to stomach.

Otherwise, try one of these.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    As my health waivers I have to set a strict regime of one cigar per month until further notice.
    Any suggestions on cigars that will fit my needs and fulfill my cravings without making me pray to the great white porcelain god.
    Sad days indeed are ahead for me I fear but I do not want to completly give up cigars just yet.
    I am sorry to hear this.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    RBeckom:
    I am sorry to hear this.

Could be worse, I could have woke up dead today.
    :-)
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I too am sorry to hear this. I wish the best for you. Giving up should never be an option, well matters other than your health of course.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Is this one per month restriction by doctors order, or self inflicted ?
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you are ok buddy. Kind of have us worried here.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Damn man, hope everything is okay! I Kinda miss seeing you post around here!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this. Prayers are going out for you! As for the smoke......Anything you want! Suggestion for a good mild smoke would be a Griffin. Had one the other day and loved it!
    kaspera79:
    Is this one per month restriction by doctors order, or self inflicted ?

If I listened to the doctors I would never light up again!
    This is pretty much a self restriction due to ongoing health concerns. One thing is apparent after making this decision, I pay more attention on each cigar I choose now. Instead of smoking it, I now experience it.
    This seems to be a harsh decision and I am flattered by the concern shown but just think for a moment......
    If I only allow myself one cigar a month, just think of the feeling of enjoyment I will experience at the ritual of lighting.......
    I am satisfied my friends, do not fret for me.
    Just to give a little background on my health, when a younger man I removed well over a hundred asbestos roofs without the benefit of knowing it was in fact asbestos. Forty percent asbestos as a matter of fact. As a direct result of such ignorance on my part, I now suffer diminished lung capacity hence the decision to limit my cigar appetite which was growing out of hand anyway. I will continue to smoke occasionally as long as I have any lung capacity at all, rest assured of that my friends.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you chew on them?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    Could you chew on them?

Never cared much for chawing.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Rain:
    RBeckom:
    I am sorry to hear this.

Could be worse, I could have woke up dead today.
    :-)
    Great outlook brother! May I suggest a Cohiba red dot. Or an AVO original.
    This month my choice was a Man O War Ruination gifted from my brother Dwayne.
    A little on the strong side for me now but enjoyable none the least.
    I savored every moment of this cigar, from start to finish.
    Thanks Brother.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Just to give a little background on my health, when a younger man I removed well over a hundred asbestos roofs without the benefit of knowing it was in fact asbestos. Forty percent asbestos as a matter of fact. As a direct result of such ignorance on my part, I now suffer diminished lung capacity hence the decision to limit my cigar appetite which was growing out of hand anyway. I will continue to smoke occasionally as long as I have any lung capacity at all, rest assured of that my friends.

That is terrible. Really Really terrible. I am sorry sir.
    nickiam:
    RBeckom:

That is terrible. Really Really terrible. I am sorry sir.

Diminished lung capacity in itself is not a death warrant, more of a warning sign to be a little more careful with the way one treats they're body. All is not lost, at least my doctor recognized the early warning signs and educated myself on the virtues of smoke-free lungs as well as the benefits of a good diet and healthy living. The fact that I am planning on being around for a long spell speaks of my tenacity to cling too and hang on my friend. I awake with a smile every day.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey man sorry for the not so good news!! But you did get lucky the doc caught it early!! But as for sticks to smoke...well the daily deal today have the cenneticuit preferidos!! They are delicious and not over powering but delicious!!!!!!!! I'm a big fan and don't even really smoke much that is mild besides avo and davidoff...and padrons. But good luck with everything and please keep us updated!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    To answer your question, If it was me and I could only smoke one a month and I had to choose a lighter but tasty smoke I would choose the San Lotano Connecticut. Very mild but super flavorful and I LOVE EM! I bought a fiver from TIM and then after the first two went back and bought a box!
    Lasabar:
    To answer your question, If it was me and I could only smoke one a month and I had to choose a lighter but tasty smoke I would choose the San Lotano Connecticut. Very mild but super flavorful and I LOVE EM! I bought a fiver from TIM and then after the first two went back and bought a box!

Definitely one of my favorites.
  • Just once cigar a month?! Well, I'd probably change it every month! Though if I had to choose the same cigar to smoke every month, it would probably be a LP Dirty Rat. Or a Monte GE. Yeah, probably the Monte GE!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Davidoff 2000. its a bit short but it is amazing. in your situation i would smoke only the best. Davidoff will provide that in a mild to medium format.
    Thanks for all the suggestions. All are taken into consideration as money allows.
    Dominco by Carlos Torano was my choice for this month.
    A fine smoke without the harshness of stronger blends.
    As fine of a gift as I have ever received.
    Thanks again for the gift Mike Tuccelli .
    RBeckom:
    webmost:
    Could you chew on them?

Never cared much for chawing.
    Could you enjoy them vicariously then? I mean, you buy a cigar, send it to me, I smoke it, tell you how it was, blow some smoke in your direction, you smell the aroma... That do it for ya?

Just trying to be helpful.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

You know, I got to thinking about my facetious suggestion, and the more I think about it, the saner it sounds. If there's any truth behind the global consciousness hypothesis, then vicarious cigar enjoyment just might work. It is certainly no more implausible than your typical episode of Fringe or any Ben Bernanke press conference. And they make sense, right?

It would certainly be simple enough to experiment. Here's what I propose we do, to help out our wheezy brother: Beckom lives in Rockmart Georgia. November 14th is his birthday. It falls on a Wodin's day. That evening, Beckom dons a nicotine patch then reclines on a comfy lounge on his porch, with his forehead toward the heavens. At 8pm EST, we each spark a succulent sotweed cylinder, soak in some smoky satisfaction, and focus our third eye in the direction of Rockmart Georgia, spiritually channeling our enjoyment in that direction. Every puff we blow South, or East, or as the case may be, toward our recumbent brother.

Next day, he can report to us whether he felt any vicarious enjoyment. If it works, we repeat each Wodin's day. If not, we just smoke a cigar on Wednesday.

You think this might work, or am I just blowing smoke?

Who's in?

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Actually, the only way it can be truly tested is if we all secretly choose a time and day to do this and Beckom isn't aware of when we're doing it. If he suddenly posts the moment he felt vicarious enjoyment, and this time coincides with the time we're smoking, then we could potentially attribute the connection--as long as no one 'leaks' the plan to him in advance.
    Give it a try and I'll see if I can tune in to it.