Home Ratings & Reviews

ZOIDIAN

I went to my B&M today and he had gotten in some new smokes, he always lets me know and wants to show them off. First off, I buy 98% of my CGARS from CCOM, I would never cheat, as I was looking around I saw a smoke called "ZOIDIAN" they were in a box U know with the top flipped open, He said " Chris these are very good cigars try one. so I went out side lit it up smoked for about 20 min. have to say this is a very good cigar, now for the kicker, cigars at this price $2.99 3.99 4.99. 3 sizes, I wrote about this CGAR in the "what did U get today thread" anyway back to the review and pict. he was telling that the company that makes the smoke has quite a folllowing in other parts of the USA. by all rights these sticks should be in a bundle and not a box, so to me this tells me that the company has a pretty good backing, this cigar has so much flavor is well made maduro wrapper on all 3 no soft spots blemeshis or tears, I was so suprised. anyway ask your B&M about this cigar this is going to become one of my goto daily smokes look at the prices. so when I got home I pulled up the zoidian site and they have a great story and how they came about, I have never gone on about a what I call a bundle stick, but it is goooood. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Always great when you find that budget stick that to your palate tastes just as good as a more expensive stick. Interesting, if I see any at any of my locals I will be sure to pick up a few.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I pulled up the site and the pictures looked pretty good until I saw you slobbering all over them, Chris...
    Anyone got a hanky?
    Seriously, they don't sound half bad. The important thing is that you like them. Smoke what you like, bro!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't able to find any information on them, other than their website.
    I checked with some stores around here and no one has them. So I sent the manufacturer an email to see where they can be purchased. Hoping there is someplace close I can snag a couple to try out.
    The sumatra wrapper sounds good though.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    Listen, If U want any of U guys, and first I want U to know that I have sent cigars to one of our members,he was down on his luck, any way if U want I would be more than happy to send out a few of each to any one who would like to try them, I can't tell U any better than this, this is an awesome go to smoke, I tell U they should be priced as a premium smoke, they look like they are and they are packed like that, but U can't beat the price, PLEASE LET ME SEND SOME OUT AT NO CHARGE I WANT TO PLEASE I like to give when I can like I said I'm trustworthy, let me know and I will contact the member I sent to and he can tell U not to fret I'm who I say I am and I live where I say I live U can even call me PM me and we can set this up by phone, I want others to try the ZOIDIAN OUT
    seagarlover:
    Listen, If U want any of U guys, and first I want U to know that I have sent cigars to one of our members,he was down on his luck, any way if U want I would be more than happy to send out a few of each to any one who would like to try them, I can't tell U any better than this, this is an awesome go to smoke, I tell U they should be priced as a premium smoke, they look like they are and they are packed like that, but U can't beat the price, PLEASE LET ME SEND SOME OUT AT NO CHARGE I WANT TO PLEASE I like to give when I can like I said I'm trustworthy, let me know and I will contact the member I sent to and he can tell U not to fret I'm who I say I am and I live where I say I live U can even call me PM me and we can set this up by phone, I want others to try the ZOIDIAN OUT
    I'm game. PM sent.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    seagarlover:

I'll bite! PM to ya, Chris!
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    I've had a couple of these sticks, and honestly, in my opinion, horrible. Good luck guys!!
  • RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    i'd try one. minus the drool ;)
    Chris sent me a few Zoidians to try out.
    I'll give them a try and see how they are.
    Thanks!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Tried one yesterday. It sucked bawlz... Tossed it and moved on.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    lol...nice review Dan, I'll make sure to steer clear if I see them, that's too bad.
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:
    lol...nice review Dan, I'll make sure to steer clear if I see them, that's too bad.

I'll gladly send you the rest of them...
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    That's unfortunate - too many other cigars in this price range that I want to try, I'll be avoiding these.....thanks for the update Dan. How were the other aspects - the construction, burn, etc.?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Toombes:
    That's unfortunate - too many other cigars in this price range that I want to try, I'll be avoiding these.....thanks for the update Dan. How were the other aspects - the construction, burn, etc.?

Construction wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't the prettiest girl at the prom. The one I tried was rather spongy. The burn was fairly even with a solid ash. Flavor wise it was harsh and bitter, almost like raw tobacco. I don't know if age would help or not. I may throw one in the bottom of the trunk and forget it for a few yrs...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Oh well at least you gave it a shot!! Now ya know next time you see them run!! Lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:

Please don't ;) maybe you should bomb them to mike and e can add it to Elmo's collection of punishing doom
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:

Please don't ;) maybe you should bomb them to mike and e can add it to Elmo's collection of punishing doom

Hmmmmm...
    4 sticks divided by 2 Mikes = bunches of nastiness!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    jgibv:
    Toombes:

Construction wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't the prettiest girl at the prom. The one I tried was rather spongy. The burn was fairly even with a solid ash. Flavor wise it was harsh and bitter, almost like raw tobacco. I don't know if age would help or not. I may throw one in the bottom of the trunk and forget it for a few yrs...
    ok, thank Dan. Sounds like the Ambos Mundo I had a while back....except the Ambos had rested for quite some time and still tasted awful.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    jgibv:
    Toombes:
    jgibv:
    Toombes:

ok, thank Dan. Sounds like the Ambos Mundo I had a while back....except the Ambos had rested for quite some time and still tasted awful.
    Sorry to hear that, at least U tried one.
    Sorry, man. It just wasn't my cup of scalded buttermilk...
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Just had one of these. It was delicious...anyone want to split a box?
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Split a box??? F that. I'm buying 3. One for me, you and one lucky devil. These things are great.

I really shouldnt bang em. havent had one yet. BUT
    Rain:
    Split a box??? F that. I'm buying 3. One for me, you and one lucky devil. These things are great.

Rain:

Rain:

Rain:

Rain:
    Split a box??? F that. I'm buying 3. One for me, you and one other lucky devil. These things are great.

I really shouldnt bang em. Havent had one yet. BUT I HAVE SO MUCH ROOM IN MY NEW WALK IN HUMI I THOUGHT 3 BOXES COULDNT HURT. FUNNY I DONT HAVE ANY PREMPREMPREM ZODIANS IN THE PICTURE OF MY HUMI. I'M HIDING THEM IN A SPECIAL CORNER.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    MEGAPOST!!!!!!!!!!!
    ddubridge:
    Rain:
    Split a box??? F that. I'm buying 3. One for me, you and one other lucky devil. These things are great.

I really shouldnt bang em. Havent had one yet. BUT I HAVE SO MUCH ROOM IN MY NEW WALK IN HUMI I THOUGHT 3 BOXES COULDNT HURT. FUNNY I DONT HAVE ANY PREMPREMPREM ZODIANS IN THE PICTURE OF MY HUMI. I'M HIDING THEM IN A SPECIAL CORNER.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    oh this thread...

yes, i am in a giffy mood tonight.