Home General Discussion

San Francisco

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm in the city - on Post, in Japantown, actually. Anybody know of any cigar-friendly, quiet lounges? Remember, I'm an oldfart. Don't dig the loud ****....

We'll check out and head for home in the morning. Thanks for any leads....

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Check with Jeff D. He lives around there I believe or is from there. I forget. Old age is setting in...
  • I don't think there's anything near Japantown. Your best bet is Occidental, which is on Pine street in the Financial District, cross street is Kearny. I think they open at noon.

The other option is Cigar Bar and Grill, although I think they open at 4pm. It's on Montgomery, two blocks south of Broadway. It's nice because you can smoke in an outdoor area, but there are a lot of non-cigar smokers that go there (it's a Happy Hour hotspot).

Both places let you bring your own cigars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    The Occidental is tiny and so is the humidor. It's really a bar that you can smoke in but it sure is fun and a great location. Bring your hiking shoes, lots of hills bro. I only ever went around 9pm and it was hopping.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys. I'll call a council with the war dept. and see if she'll agree to it. I 'preciate your input.