Home General Discussion

Pleasant Surprise..... 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo

I never expected it but it was a really nice smoke. I am generally not a fan of 5 Vegas but I do like the Miami and Triple A. This one was in the humidor for at least 6 months maybe a year and I got tired of looking at it so I had it this afternoon. Perfect draw and burn and a nice mild/medium taste. It was a lone wolf and the only one I ever had. Maybe I got a good one, maybe they are all good or maybe it was the perfect afternoon. Whatever the cause I had a great time with it.

Comments

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Old reliable, still like this one once in awhile! :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    The elitists may put this brand down a occasionally, but for a good knock around smoke there are several Vegas brands I enjoy regularly, this being one of them. Age does wonders for most cinco Vegas lines also. A year on them and I think they're great, YMMV.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Still one of my go-to's, the torpedo is a great vitola for it, although I also like the corona for a shorter smoke. You almost certainly definitely didn't get a better-than-average one or anything, consistency on this line is AMAZING, so if you liked it go ahead and grab more. Heck, if you find out you don't like it on revisiting, I'll take 'em off your hands.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • With some age these are quite tasty, I need to light one up some time this week.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    I was wondering if it was better as a torpedo. I am kind of liking torpedoes since I can adjust the draw. I usually cut a bit, test draw and cut again if it is a bit tight.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    No surprise to me.. I have enjoyed these for a long time.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The classic is one of the few 5 Vegas I haven't tried. I'll definitely have to pick some up!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    It is one fo the few 5 Vegas that I do not like. The torpedo classic being the worst, the robusto was palatable enough on the other hand
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I love this as a corona.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    A really good stick for golf or giving out. I think they are pretty good.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    great stick....The classic and miami are my favorite. Definitely the Torpedo size for me....Just bought a box of miami torpedo's from here......
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I'm a newbie but I really like this cigar. Gets better with age.