Home Non Cigar Related

Bad Break

YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't believe Jeter went down! Not only was he the only one hitting, he's the heart of the team.

I hate to say this, but with Detroit's pitching and our lack of hitting, and now without Jeter, it's going to be a tough series. At least we weren't one and done!

Comments

• I agree it sucks. But, even being a Yankee fan I knew he wasn't going to be around forever and they woud eventually have to learn to play without him. Maybe they will rally round him and it will be a spark.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    As a Mets fan, I want the Yanks to lose. But even I dont like hearing about his injury. It's a sad thing.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Life-time Orioles fan here . Nothing but respect for Jeter , he is a Orioles killer but a class act all the way . Would be a shame to see his career end this way . Mend fast and mend well Derek ... The Orioles want another shot at you next year !!!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    As a Mets fan, I want the Yanks to lose. But even I dont like hearing about his injury. It's a sad thing.
    Agreed. I want Detroit to win over Yankees, but not at Jeter's expense.
    To be honest, I don't see Yankees winning now and wanted to see a good series that the both worked at to win.

When you pull the heart out of a team, it is gonna be tough for them to take the series.
    And even though I'm not a Yankees fan, Jeter is a ball player who remains a quality person.
    I was fortunate to meet him and the words about his class, friendly demeanor and selflessness are all true.

He is an icon that I would never want to see out of the game in an injury.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    PsychoSJG:
    Agreed. I want Detroit to win over Yankees, but not at Jeter's expense.
    To be honest, I don't see Yankees winning now and wanted to see a good series that the both worked at to win.

When you pull the heart out of a team, it is gonna be tough for them to take the series.
    And even though I'm not a Yankees fan, Jeter is a ball player who remains a quality person.
    I was fortunate to meet him and the words about his class, friendly demeanor and selflessness are all true.

He is an icon that I would never want to see out of the game in an injury.
    +1 to all of this, I too want Detroit to win, but when we do, everyone's gonna say it was only because they didn't have jeter
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Life-time Orioles fan here . Nothing but respect for Jeter , he is a Orioles killer but a class act all the way . Would be a shame to see his career end this way . Mend fast and mend well Derek ... The Orioles want another shot at you next year !!!
    Orioles are a class act also, especially under Showalter. That was a classic series and it could have been a sweep for either team with a little break one way or the other.

Every game was a nail biter and that's the way it should be. Now that the Oriole players know they can do it, it's going to be one heck of a division next year.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    YankeeMan:
    gmill880:
    Orioles are a class act also, especially under Showalter. That was a classic series and it could have been a sweep for either team with a little break one way or the other.

Every game was a nail biter and that's the way it should be. Now that the Oriole players know they can do it, it's going to be one heck of a division next year.

Will be a interesting off season for the Orioles . Seems Angelos is willing to open the check book , so now maybe some quality free agents will be willing to come here . We desperatly need a No. 1 starter , I think that was our biggest ALDS glaring weakness . A No. 1 starter and a legitimate clean-up hitter and we have to be considered a top contender IMHO .