Home Non Cigar Related

Freeport Illinois Senata Plant & Romney's Idea of Jobs

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭

"The company that Mitt Romney founded, Bain Capital, took control of Sensata Technologies in 2006. Bain Capital announced earlier this year that it would close the plant in Freeport, Illinois and layoff 165 workers there."

"Under Bain’s ownership the company closed a major operating plant in Freeport, Illinois, relocated the jobs to Beijing and forced workers to train their Chinese replacements. While those replacements were in town, the company removed the American flag flying in front of its factory and the displaced workers camped outside of the factory were arrested. "

This is a guy who is very close to being president. And where is the media over this! Just like they never mention how his state fared during his governorship, however he's the man for the job.
http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/mitt-romneys-china-syndrome-sensata-jobs-and-compassionate-conservatism-part-two/article20418.html
http://www.examiner.com/article/mitt-romney-s-bain-capital-outsourcing-illinois-jobs-freeport-to-china

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    A true hero.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Three questions. How is this Romney's or any one person's fault? Are 168 jobs relocated a better or worse outcome than a company of 11k employees going out of business due to financial mismanagement? Should people be allowed to physically stop a company from moving its equipment if they disagree with the company, as those arrested did?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The local tag team. LMAO. You didn't mention that he left Bain in 1999, 7 years before this. Not that it matters, right? Why don't you 2 put up some happy news as to how Obama has made all of our lives better. Examiner and UKProgressives? Geez. You might also want to post something from a non-partisan web site.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taxes and regulations drive jobs overseas. The solution, of course, is more taxes and regulations.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    The local tag team. LMAO. You didn't mention that he left Bain in 1999, 7 years before this. Not that it matters, right? Why don't you 2 put up some happy news as to how Obama has made all of our lives better. Examiner and UKProgressives? Geez. You might also want to post something from a non-partisan web site.
    lol, not according to the filings from his taxes (that he has released). Seems as though he was ceo during 2002. This is just one example and it was his company. Like he doesn't have a job waiting for him. He also used millions of tax dollars to bail out his Olympic buddies after the fund was looted. I guess nothing will wake you up. Romney is all about himself and he has proven that he will do what ever it takes to get what he wants. He can't even go a day without changing his policies.

There's not a lot of places out there that publish stuff like this. Sure those places aren't "non-partisan" however try and find out that they are wrong? That's the stuff. No one own's the truth, it's just that the liberal's are usually in that direction. Hate to break this to you, but journalism is pretty much dead in everyday media. Then again people actually bought Romney BS on the 1st debate.
    beatnic:
    Well the president doesn't pass legislation so let's get that out of the way. I know life was so great under bush, how'd that go? wars, invasion's, biggest terror attack, didn't catch bin laden, torture, vp outed a cia agent, homeland security, tsa mandated groping, orgies at govt agencies, war crimes, rise of private forces in combat zones, medicare part D (private medicare not paid for), 1trillion dollar tax cuts (not paid for) ... HuGE crash of the economy!

If it wasn't for the GOP blocking pretty much everything things would be better however the prez can't pass bills, that's the congress/senate. Things are better than when your last guy was in, however it takes longer to fix things than too destroy them.
    phobicsquirrel:
    beatnic:
    Well the president doesn't pass legislation so let's get that out of the way. I know life was so great under bush, how'd that go? wars, invasion's, biggest terror attack, didn't catch bin laden, torture, vp outed a cia agent, homeland security, tsa mandated groping, orgies at govt agencies, war crimes, rise of private forces in combat zones, medicare part D (private medicare not paid for), 1trillion dollar tax cuts (not paid for) ... HuGE crash of the economy!

If it wasn't for the GOP blocking pretty much everything things would be better however the prez can't pass bills, that's the congress/senate. Things are better than when your last guy was in, however it takes longer to fix things than too destroy them.
    6 Trillion in debt, 47% on gov. assistance, 11% unemployment, 46 million on food stamps, dead Ambassador, CIA orgies, War Criminal in Chief using drones for assasinations, Arab Spring into Jihad, and they just said we'll be in Afghanistan long after 2014 (liar), gee this is fun!
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    First of all, look at that picture closely. I assume you're implying that this is the plant in Freeport, IL with talk about taking the American flag down. So, lots of folks in Freeport, IL drive scooters and bikes to work, huh? Even a tin-foil hat wearing conspriacist liberal could figure out that this picture is of a plant in CHINA. image
    Really, Freeport, IL? Or maybe
    Sensata Technologies Baoying Co. Ltd.
    9 East Taishan Road
    Baoying Economic Development Zone
    Baoying, China #225800
    Phone: 86-514-8887-3000
    Fax: 86-514-822-8467

Secondly, please put down the Marx and Lenin for a little while. Then take a Macroeconomics course. Then take another. Then take a Microeconomics course. Then take another. Then take a Production Management course. Then take another.

Then hopefully you will understand that you have to learn to compete in a global market. You can't wave a magic wand and say we're going to do what makes us feel good and 'force' it on the market. It will fail (see Solendra, A123 Systems, and all of the stimulus money which created nothing economically sustainable). If you force companies to use more expensive labor in the U.S. unconditionally without studying each situation, then you'll have to block imports of competing products which would obviously be cheaper by several orders of magnitude; otherwise, the American made products would never be able to compete pricewise. i.e. you'll pay $3,000 for your precious iPhone et al (another thing I don't understand, all these Apple stickers next to people's Obama stickers on their Hondas. Think about it). Not to mention the other global trade ramifications of policies made to halt free trade.

If you do the above, your company will go out of business anyway, and you'll lose all wealth once generated by said company. If you outsource the labor to cheaper markets, you actually spread some of the wealth around (sound good liberals?) while keeping ownership solvent and in the USA. It sucks, but that's the world we live in today, and it ain't Bush's fault, it ain't Obama's fault, it just is what it is. Businesses are in business to make money, and there's not one damn thing wrong with that. We're not going to lead the world in cheap labor. Be thankful. We need to lead the world in ingenuity. Cramming pie-in-the-sky ideas on the free market which were thought up by bureaucrats with ZERO business experience is a recipe for failure on an epic scale.
    Heavy:
    First of all, look at that picture closely. I assume you're implying that this is the plant in Freeport, IL with talk about taking the American flag down. So, lots of folks in Freeport, IL drive scooters and bikes to work, huh? Even a tin-foil hat wearing conspriacist liberal could figure out that this picture is of a plant in CHINA. image
    9 East Taishan Road
    Baoying, China #225800

Secondly, please put down the Marx and Lenin for a little while. Then take a Macroeconomics course. Then take another. Then take a Microeconomics course. Then take another. Then take a Production Management course. Then take another.

Then hopefully you will understand that you have to learn to compete in a global market. You can't wave a magic wand and say we're going to do what makes us feel good and 'force' it on the market. It will fail (see Solendra, A123 Systems, and all of the stimulus money which created nothing economically sustainable). If you force companies to use more expensive labor in the U.S. unconditionally without studying each situation, then you'll have to block imports of competing products which would obviously be cheaper by several orders of magnitude; otherwise, the American made products would never be able to compete pricewise. i.e. you'll pay $3,000 for your precious iPhone et al (another thing I don't understand, all these Apple stickers next to people's Obama stickers on their Hondas. Think about it). Not to mention the other global trade ramifications of policies made to halt free trade.

If you do the above, your company will go out of business anyway, and you'll lose all wealth once generated by said company. If you outsource the labor to cheaper markets, you actually spread some of the wealth around (sound good liberals?) while keeping ownership solvent and in the USA. It sucks, but that's the world we live in today, and it ain't Bush's fault, it ain't Obama's fault, it just is what it is. Businesses are in business to make money, and there's not one damn thing wrong with that. We're not going to lead the world in cheap labor. Be thankful. We need to lead the world in ingenuity. Cramming pie-in-the-sky ideas on the free market which were thought up by bureaucrats with ZERO business experience is a recipe for failure on an epic scale.
    Truly a gotcha moment, Heavy. LMAO
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good catch, Heavy. But how can you say "Cramming pie-in-the-sky ideas on the free market which were thought up by bureaucrats with ZERO business experience is a recipe for failure on an epic scale." You must be racist.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    9 East Taishan Road
    Baoying, China #225800

AHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAAHHAHAHAHA

AHAHHAHAHAHA
    LOL AT LIBRALS!!!!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    AHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAAHHAHAHAHA

AHAHHAHAHAHA
    LOL AT LIBRALS!!!!
    You shouldn't laugh, this shows you are ignoring it (still don't know what that is) or you are in fact my good man a hater or racist. Shame on you!!
    I am an ass...
    Vision:
    So me finding it funny that Phobic posted a cropped picture makes me a Racist? Do me a favor and edit your post please. I am far from a racist and even an off handed comment like that is not funny.
    It was a sarcastic statement since some here accuse many of being racist or a hater because we do not agree or see things there way. I in no way think you are a racist or a hater but I am not going to edit or remove my comment it just proves my point how ridicules comment like that are

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    MTuccelli:
    Vision:
    So me finding it funny that Phobic posted a cropped picture makes me a Racist? Do me a favor and edit your post please. I am far from a racist and even an off handed comment like that is not funny.
    It was a sarcastic statement since some here accuse many of being racist or a hater because we do not agree or see things there way. I in no way think you are a racist or a hater but I am not going to edit or remove my comment it just proves my point how ridicules comment like that are

Care to be specific as to who is making those accusations?
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    Vision:

Does it really matter?...besides you know very well who so I will not go any further engaging you in conversation which will invariably turn into some lengthy rant on your part about some bullshit that matters to you and you only ...have a good night

MTuccelli:
    Vision:

I feel like an ass and I honestly get your point. Its true tho.... Instead of a rebuttal its usually an attack on ones person. I am glad you kept it up. It does get the point across.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    MTuccelli:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    Vision:

Does it really matter?...besides you know very well who so I will not go any further engaging you in conversation which will invariably turn into some lengthy rant on your part about some bullshit that matters to you and you only ...have a good night

hahahahahahahahahahahaha, Yea, I will have a good night.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I love it when the facts get in the way.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I think I'll try my hand at politics since everything else I have applied for I am told I am " over-qualified " !!! Read between the lines ... move over Ronald Reagan !!!
    Heavy:
    9 East Taishan Road
    Baoying, China #225800

Assumptions are the mother of all F ups. I didn't say that photo was the plant in freeport. So people need to lose their jobs because that's the global economy? Well that's doesn't help our economy at all.
    beatnic:
    phobicsquirrel:
    beatnic:

6 Trillion in debt, 47% on gov. assistance, 11% unemployment, 46 million on food stamps, dead Ambassador, CIA orgies, War Criminal in Chief using drones for assasinations, Arab Spring into Jihad, and they just said we'll be in Afghanistan long after 2014 (liar), gee this is fun!
    ...I'm going to say this again, the president doesn't pass legislation! That is the job of congress and the senate. And the 6 Tril? Well that wasn't all Obama, that was putting wars on the books, medicare part D that the GOP pushed through, Tax cuts. Yes Obama did add to the debt or should I say congress did but not 6tril. 4 Ambassador's? Really how about thousands under the GOP? Drones for killing? I though you GOPers loved war and killing. Wake up, drones have been used before Obama took office. And besides what does it matter if it's drones or troops? I think the admin has said many times that 2014 was the deadline. Mittens doesn't have a answer for that. Besides the unemployment would be a lot better if the GOP wouldn't block everything. Obama has had his jobs bill waiting to be passed for almost 2 years. Tell me what Mister will do that will blow Obama's record out the window?

Life under Gov. Romney (probably why he's losing his state now and got ran out of town after 1st term)
    1. Ranked 47th in job growth
    2. Suffered the second-largest labor force decline in the nation
    3. Lost 14 percent of its manufacturing jobs
    5. Piled on more debt than any other state ... just to name a few.
    phobicsquirrel:
    beatnic:
    phobicsquirrel:
    beatnic:

...I'm going to say this again, the president doesn't pass legislation! That is the job of congress and the senate. And the 6 Tril? Well that wasn't all Obama, that was putting wars on the books, medicare part D that the GOP pushed through, Tax cuts. Yes Obama did add to the debt or should I say congress did but not 6tril. 4 Ambassador's? Really how about thousands under the GOP? Drones for killing? I though you GOPers loved war and killing. Wake up, drones have been used before Obama took office. And besides what does it matter if it's drones or troops? I think the admin has said many times that 2014 was the deadline. Mittens doesn't have a answer for that. Besides the unemployment would be a lot better if the GOP wouldn't block everything. Obama has had his jobs bill waiting to be passed for almost 2 years. Tell me what Mister will do that will blow Obama's record out the window?

Life under Gov. Romney (probably why he's losing his state now and got ran out of town after 1st term)
    1. Ranked 47th in job growth
    2. Suffered the second-largest labor force decline in the nation
    3. Lost 14 percent of its manufacturing jobs
    5. Piled on more debt than any other state ... just to name a few.

And Duval Patricks first month in office he bought $$25,000 in curtains for his office and a Cadillac for his wife.... Ohh yea.... we here in Mass are much better off.

And Dont let these facts get in your way phobic but you my want to read into this a little better.....

When he announced his candidacy for the 2006 gubernatorial election in Massachusetts, Patrick was initially seen as a dark horse candidate, but ultimately won the Democratic primary against veteran politicians Thomas Reilly and Chris Gabrielli. He went on to defeat Republican Lieutenant Governor Kerry Healey in the general election,....... So Phobic...... You see how far off you are? IF not keep reading.... you may enjoy the truth

Romney won the 2002 gubernatorial election in Massachusetts, and as Governor helped develop and enact into law the Massachusetts health care reform legislation, the first of its kind in the nation, which provided near-universal health insurance access through state-level subsidies and individual mandates to purchase insurance. He also presided over the elimination of a projected $1.2–1.5 billion deficit through a combination of spending cuts, increased fees, and the closure of corporate tax loopholes. Romney did not seek re-election in 2006, instead focusing on his campaign for the Republican nomination in the 2008 U.S. presidential election.

Did he get RUN out Phobic... really..... Get a clue man and stop spewing lies and nonsense or do you think we are to stupid to look into facts?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Vision thanks for setting the record straight, plus he didn't take a salary.
    When Mitt was in office here in Mass I was into politics a little more then I am now. I remember it being good times. I guess this is how I see politics in Mass..... When you 18-21 Youre told youre a Dem... Then you realize youre really a tax paying Republican once you get a job and stop mooching off mom and dad.