Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    ....LOL....

http://clipnation.com/undefeated-bridge/

The Rocky music really makes the video.
    That was great.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you would think the people with a CDL would know better.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were on the way West on the big beemer motorcycle. We slept in Washington PA. Early in the morning, we're heading toward the freeway, following a semi pulling a forty foot trailer directly in front of us. One lane on each side, a steep berm on the left, a steep bank on the right, a low bridge like that right in front. Trucker spots the low clearance, slams on the brakes. We stop well behind to observe. He thinks about it. Gets rolling. Swings right as far as he can. Hooks a slow U hard as he can. Cab goes up on the sidewalk left. Tail of the trailer jams into the bank on the right. Thinks some more. Climbs down to walk round and scope it out. Climbs back in. Tries to bull his way through. Drive wheels start spinning. Cab jammed on the trailer, trailer jammed on the bank, drive wheels jammed on the berm. One set of drive wheels goes in the air. He is perpendicular to the road. When we gave up and turned round, he was standing in the road on his cell. One very FUBAR sitch. No idea how he got out.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    kuzi16:
    People driving ryder trucks and other various moving vans don't need a CDL. Most of those intown box vans don't need one.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    As close the scrapes were and and fast as some of those guys went, I bet they had cleared it before with a full load, and this time didn't have quite enough weight.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Awesome
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I love the trucks with the hay bales.

Truck #1: Dammit, I lost some hay.
    Truck #2: F*#k it, it's just hay. I'm going for it!!!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    I love the trucks with the hay bales.

Truck #1: Dammit, I lost some hay.
    Truck #2: F*#k it, it's just hay. I'm going for it!!!
    lol,, Yea i was like wtf,,truck 2 didnt even try to stop.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    That bridge ends uo on the news atleast once a month at home
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved that so much I had to post it on Facebook
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That was awesome. Thanks.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Did you notice the mirror (or something) fly off of one of the cars trying to stop on the side road in the beginning? I couldnt quite figure out what it was. Thanks, needed a laugh!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumb.....

I especially like the Penske rental trucks - hope they got the extra insurance coverage on that.
    And the hay trucks, LMAO.....nice.

But why not change the sign to something like, IDK 11' 4" or 11' even .... instead of 11' 8"? Wouldn't that fix the problem?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Not really, the people driving those rental trucks have no clue for the most part of their operating height. Even CDL drivers are more clueless than most would imagine
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome!!!!!! Working for a moving company I can say it has not happened to me yet...knock on wood!! But have seen it happen...that's on tough bridge!!
    Money can't buy taste