Home Non Cigar Related

Canadian Brothers

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Hope all is well and there were no major issues from the 7.7 earthquake. im not too familiar with towns and cities in the area but i hope all of you are safe.

Comments

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Luckily, this happened in a very remote part of the Canadian west coast, just below the Alaskan panhandle well off the coast of Port Rupert, BC. There really isn't to much out there, very sparsley populated.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it was off the coast, so not a lot of problems with it, but it put us (Oregon & Washington coast) on Tsunami alert/warning most the night.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Very far away from me, so all is well here. I hope that no one is hurt from this event.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Anyone heard from Laker ???
  • ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    The earthquake resulted in Tsunami alarms late into Saturday evening in Hawaii, so I had a good excuse to stay up and smoke a CAO CX2 and CC.com American Blend.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    nope.... isnt he from BC?
    hope all is well there.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    hope all is well there.
    That's about 115 miles north of me and its just windy and rainy.. Our flooding and trees falling usually hits next month..
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Bigshizza:
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    hope all is well there.
    That's about 115 miles north of me and its just windy and rainy.. Our flooding and trees falling usually hits next month..
    Yeah, I am on Southern Vancouver Island. Because of the plate alignment in the area of the quake we didn't even feel it !!! At the spot of the quake there are three plates that come together. We are on a different plate then Haida Gwii, the islands formerly known as the Queen Charlotte Islands, and so the energy was transferred along a different plate and we felt nothing. There was another 6.4 quake there this morning. The area is one of the most beautiful areas you will ever see in the world. Almost moved there about 10 years ago. Thanks for your thoughts.

My thoughts right now are with the folks on the other side of our continent dealing with Susan. This storm can't blow itself out fast enough.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    Bigshizza:
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    hope all is well there.
    Yeah, I am on Southern Vancouver Island. Because of the plate alignment in the area of the quake we didn't even feel it !!! At the spot of the quake there are three plates that come together. We are on a different plate then Haida Gwii, the islands formerly known as the Queen Charlotte Islands, and so the energy was transferred along a different plate and we felt nothing. There was another 6.4 quake there this morning. The area is one of the most beautiful areas you will ever see in the world. Almost moved there about 10 years ago. Thanks for your thoughts.

My thoughts right now are with the folks on the other side of our continent dealing with Susan. This storm can't blow itself out fast enough.

Glad you are safe and sound my friend .