Home Non Cigar Related

Vulchor's Views from the Nest

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭

This is a little something I wrote a little shy of a year ago now. Figured I would just bring it back and put it here for discussion on how much and how little out country has changed in that time. I dont know if this could be as good as Puro's rants, and it is dated----but lets see what happens. And please taking nothing I say personally or have it change the way we deal with cigars on here---because cigars, trading, games, bombing, ect. are certainly the most important:)

So writing a blog on political issues at this time of year seems a bit overplayed. However, since everyone else is doing it I feel undermined and underappreciated if I were not to put my own 2 cents in…or 3 cents considering inflation. I could do a blog on why I am a Republican and voting for Obama, but I will resist said temptation and give simply reasons why I think the last 8 years of this country are totally ****…as we all will be as well if you give 4 more years to McBush. Granted, there was a time when I considered myself the main source of political understanding and intelligence amongst those around me. Now admittedly, I may no longer have the most informed opinion. Nevertheless, feel free to respond (EVERYONE I HOPE) and if you agree with me I will laud your courage. If you disagree, I will kindly take your attack as personal and defend myself with jabbing insults at both your character and sexual orientation.

Ok Sarah---teenagers get pregnant. We understand your daughter is a filthy gutter $lut and you don't want that in the public mouth (like something she had in hers). I respect this. HOWEVER, please do not tout the "heroism" of your son in the military. First, he is not a hero as he signed up to do this as a job. Second, he will see as much combat as a UPS worker flying rubber cat $hit out of Hong Kong. ALSO, do not tell us how wonderful you and your family are for raising a ****. Yes Downs Syndrome is tough because the kids are demanding, and you can never tell one from another----however, if you want your family out of it----DO NOT pick and choose what we can discuss. Because if we talk about your great parenting with a deformed child and a military mental midget-----we damn sure better be able to talk about your lack of supervision when your daughter was getting the meat whistle in her oven and the fact you are exploiting your family for your gain and further separating your time from them.

Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Pro-Win the War, Pro-Anti Terror-------we're all over it. I am pro life, let's get that clear. However, no one is overturning Roe vs. Wade and that's a fact. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, give up Falwell and O'Reilly, and Rove….not gonna happen. How the hell can the party of Guillani (the ****), Craig (the guy in the airport trying to get a handjob), and Gingrich (the slob)---ever preach to me about family values?????? Last time I checked I haven't cheated on my wife, haven't tried to get blown in a bathroom of an airport, and haven't **** over half of New York. Not to mention I don't think I believe in God but I do believe in stem cell research. Yet somehow----my morals are the ones that are off kilter.

As far as the war….what does wining it mean?? Bringing people who are 1000 years behind us socially and technologically to our level? Does it mean ending violence in a place where violence has been continuous since the real life Fred Flintsone was using his fat feet to get away from that **** boss of his? Or does it mean until we like what we see and all our contactors make as much money as they want while we rape and pillage the land of a once sovereign nation??? Ive heard you cannot be happy with defeat. I wouldn't call this defeat, I would call it maintaining our own interests for once and doing what the people of that country want-----watch us pack up and leave. There may be no honor in defeat, but there is a great deal of honor in respecting a people's wishes and doing as they request when we have invaded their land. LET US NEVER FORGET, this war had NOTHING to do with Sept. 11th. This war had NOTHING to do with freeing Iraq from dictatorship and terror. This war had EVERYTHING to do with weapons of mass destruction, which were either not there (at best) or a total lie fed to the American public to serve an administrations self serving wants (at worse). The conversation on Iraq really need not go any further that that.

How much longer can people blindly accept the bloviating about the terror threat, that the economy is "fundamentally sound", and that things are going to be shaken up in Washington. The only shaking that might take place is the **** seizures I have from hearing this pile of cockamamie bullshit. You are no more or less safe that you were before 9/11, the only difference now is your perception. If the economy was sound, unemployment would not be at 6.1%, stocks would not be down 20%, foreclosures would not be up 80%, and I would not be saving my j!zz in jars for a "rainy day". Oh yeah, by the way while I am not the biggest fan of universal healthcare-----Since we are still the wealthiest nation with the most freedoms on earth---how could anyone in the right **** mind think it would do any great damage to anything other than Blue Crosses profit margin----**** ignorant **** ****.

In closing folks here are some simple ideas to understand that just about everyone with a brain agree with. Hell, even those like Terry Schiavo could understand, and maybe even Sarah's retarded son. ---The Earth is getting warmer, and we have something to do with that-----Stem cells CAN save human lives----Was does not decide who is right, only who is left---Marriage may be between a man and a woman, but health care should be for everyone---There is STILL a separation between church and state in this country---Someone makes 250,000 per year is NOT middle class---Judge not lest ye be judged---THINK, THINK, THINK—its not illegal yet.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Ok Sarah---teenagers get pregnant. We understand your daughter is a filthy gutter $lut and you don't want that in the public mouth (like something she had in hers). I respect this. HOWEVER, please do not tout the "heroism" of your son in the military. First, he is not a hero as he signed up to do this as a job. Second, he will see as much combat as a UPS worker flying rubber cat $hit out of Hong Kong. ALSO, do not tell us how wonderful you and your family are for raising a ****. Yes Downs Syndrome is tough because the kids are demanding, and you can never tell one from another----however, if you want your family out of it----DO NOT pick and choose what we can discuss. Because if we talk about your great parenting with a deformed child and a military mental midget-----we damn sure better be able to talk about your lack of supervision when your daughter was getting the meat whistle in her oven and the fact you are exploiting your family for your gain and further separating your time from them.
    obama's ears, obama's middle name, obamas brother who lives in a hut, obamas relationship with Bill Ayers, the health of obama's grandmother, Obama's preacher/religion, Obama's ethnic background

these are all things that Obama made clear were "off limits" to talk about.

im not sure that calling Palin's child a "****" is casting you in a good light.
    Vulchor:
    Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Pro-Win the War, Pro-Anti Terror-------we're all over it. I am pro life, let's get that clear. However, no one is overturning Roe vs. Wade and that's a fact. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, give up Falwell and O'Reilly, and Rove….not gonna happen. How the hell can the party of Guillani (the ****), Craig (the guy in the airport trying to get a handjob), and Gingrich (the slob)---ever preach to me about family values?????? Last time I checked I haven't cheated on my wife, haven't tried to get blown in a bathroom of an airport, and haven't **** over half of New York. Not to mention I don't think I believe in God but I do believe in stem cell research. Yet somehow----my morals are the ones that are off kilter.
    feel better after all that name calling?
    Vulchor:

As far as the war….what does wining it mean?? Bringing people who are 1000 years behind us socially and technologically to our level? Does it mean ending violence in a place where violence has been continuous since the real life Fred Flintsone was using his fat feet to get away from that **** boss of his? Or does it mean until we like what we see and all our contactors make as much money as they want while we rape and pillage the land of a once sovereign nation??? Ive heard you cannot be happy with defeat. I wouldn't call this defeat, I would call it maintaining our own interests for once and doing what the people of that country want-----watch us pack up and leave. There may be no honor in defeat, but there is a great deal of honor in respecting a people's wishes and doing as they request when we have invaded their land. LET US NEVER FORGET, this war had NOTHING to do with Sept. 11th. This war had NOTHING to do with freeing Iraq from dictatorship and terror. This war had EVERYTHING to do with weapons of mass destruction, which were either not there (at best) or a total lie fed to the American public to serve an administrations self serving wants (at worse). The conversation on Iraq really need not go any further that that.

How much longer can people blindly accept the bloviating about the terror threat, that the economy is "fundamentally sound", and that things are going to be shaken up in Washington. The only shaking that might take place is the **** seizures I have from hearing this pile of cockamamie bullshit. You are no more or less safe that you were before 9/11, the only difference now is your perception. If the economy was sound, unemployment would not be at 6.1%, stocks would not be down 20%, foreclosures would not be up 80%, and I would not be saving my j!zz in jars for a "rainy day". Oh yeah, by the way while I am not the biggest fan of universal healthcare-----Since we are still the wealthiest nation with the most freedoms on earth---how could anyone in the right **** mind think it would do any great damage to anything other than Blue Crosses profit margin----**** ignorant **** ****.

In closing folks here are some simple ideas to understand that just about everyone with a brain agree with. Hell, even those like Terry Schiavo could understand, and maybe even Sarah's retarded son. ---The Earth is getting warmer, and we have something to do with that-----Stem cells CAN save human lives----Was does not decide who is right, only who is left---Marriage may be between a man and a woman, but health care should be for everyone---There is STILL a separation between church and state in this country---Someone makes 250,000 per year is NOT middle class---Judge not lest ye be judged---THINK, THINK, THINK—its not illegal yet.

....umm seriously? look i know you are frustrated with things in life and in the political scene. i just question your methods venting your ideas. the language used in this hit piece is the kind of language that gets tossed out before they even hive time to finish it. thats exactly where i am on this essay.

it does not matter how good an idea is, if it is not presented in a way that people can take it is worthless.

BTW, you cant prove the world is warming and in fact there is evidence that the world may be COOLING There has been a correlation between the sun’s inactive phase and the recent global cooling. During the peak of the Earth’s warming in the late 1990s and early 2000s, solar activity was considered by many to be unusually high, enough to actually damage satellites and other devices.
    this COULD explain global warming....

iduno. im no scientist but i have a hard time going all in on global warming. there may be a consensus on the subject but that doesnt mean much to me. There are a lot of ways to find truth, but popularity contests aren’t one of them.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response Kuzi. However a few things I must make clear.

1. My venting isnt intended to fix anything other than my need to vent. 2. My writing is out there to get a laugh, or get pissed at, or just say "man this is crap"-----Its not there to educate, be a coherent flow of ideas, or obviously paint me in a certain light; and D. I could go out and put something with a great flow and articulated way of presenting facts and getting a point across, but then I would be no different than the thousands of papers and TV shows I could watch with people hashing over the same ideas and egaging in what they believe is an educated critical analysis of the ideas, when it fact it is little more than a way to fill dead air before their next oral explusion of the same old crap.

However, I am glad to you responded and seemed to do so with a little ire or condescension----It makes for a lively conversation...or at least something to pass the day until 5pm.

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I wonder what you'd do if you couldn't remain anonymous and actually had to attach a name to that little rant of yours - I assume you'd strike quite a different tone.

It seems anonymity on the net brings out peoples true nature

EDIT - Roe v Wade has been overturned for years via the Casey and Gonzales decisions; stem cells might save lives - any technology is at least a decade away (due to the some lab tests showing that stem cells can cause cancer - they're still trying to figure out why this happens). When you say $250k, you're taking into account a persons income, not what they pay for taxes or what they pay for living expenses - there are many instances of families making $250k, but only having $1k/mo in spending money after taxes/expenses. War always decides who's right/wrong - read a history book for examples. You exhort others to not judge, yet your rant is pure conclusory judgments with no allowance for the other side. So much for sacred cows, eh?
    Vulchor:
    Thanks for the response Kuzi. However a few things I must make clear.

1. My venting isnt intended to fix anything other than my need to vent. 2. My writing is out there to get a laugh, or get pissed at, or just say "man this is crap"-----Its not there to educate, be a coherent flow of ideas, or obviously paint me in a certain light

in that case well done sir.
    xmacro:
    I wonder what you'd do if you couldn't remain anonymous and actually had to attach a name to that little rant of yours - I assume you'd strike quite a different tone.

It seems anonymity on the net brings out peoples true nature

EDIT - Roe v Wade has been overturned for years via the Casey and Gonzales decisions; stem cells might save lives - any technology is at least a decade away (due to the some lab tests showing that stem cells can cause cancer - they're still trying to figure out why this happens). When you say $250k, you're taking into account a persons income, not what they pay for taxes or what they pay for living expenses - there are many instances of families making $250k, but only having $1k/mo in spending money after taxes/expenses. War always decides who's right/wrong - read a history book for examples. You exhort others to not judge, yet your rant is pure conclusory judgments with no allowance for the other side. So much for sacred cows, eh?
    Anonymity? Thats not exactly true. Everyone who knows me can read these blogs from a site I use. A few hundred other people as well read, and indeed many because they hate what I have to say----but I think thats fine...I need to be able to open my mind up as well. That being said, I have no idea what me being anonymous has to do with my writings unless your implying it would make someone want to beat my @ss....to which I am admitedly a coward...lol.

And if you only have 1K per month because you have that many expenses-----its time to cut your expenses and live in your means I am sad to say. And my rant allowing for no other opinion is the point of my rant, as I stated before its about emotion---good, bad or otherwise. Accusatory? Sure. Offensive? Usually. Rambling? Definately. But if it wasnt, it wouldnt be a simple emotion rant.

Dont get crazy thinking I believe to my core everything I write, some is my idea of George Carlinesque humor----although his much more concise.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I liked it.. I agree with much of what you said, and the name calling is just about right. They are that and more. The climate is warming, sorry kuzi (http://www.esa.int/esaEO/SEM9V567ESD_index_0.html). Anyway I found some interesting things on the ecomony today and what seems to be going on behind the scenes, I had a rude awakening a few hours ago, though some of you might have heard something about this, but then again some have been defending corporations. IG of the FED was under a comittee lead by a congressman (1st term democrat) who was questioned about trilions of dollars that have gone out from the FED which havent been acounted for, she gave no answers only diversion. Obvously she doesn't know or is lying. Anyway, these are rather long but worth a read...

http://www.michael-hudson.com/interviews/0902TaxProgramRecoveryItulip.html

http://seekingalpha.com/article/127030-u-s-government-move-will-push-russia-and-china-toward-economic-matrimony

http://www.newsgd.com/news/china1/content/2009-06/10/content_5237211.htm (will this be a major role in the downing of the US?)

There is quite a bit of info here, but wow, it's a tough read. Today I heard on the radio that the economy is coming around due to housing being built more than in the last 3 or so months. So maybe that's good, but I if some drastic measures aren't done to fix how our cashflow and economic policies are done.
    Thanks Squirrel, glad you liked it. I know it is a total Bush and Republican bash----but the dems. are not innocent in all this either. I wil read the links when I get home from work tonight. I heard the same about the housing market....its funny though how we are told the recession is coming to an end and a true sign of this is because we LOST LESS jobs this month than last. Still a hugh loss, but we lost less. I love the way we get stroked day and night to try to feel better about getting screwed the rest of the time.
    I'll bash the dems all day, they are really pissing me off with all this indecision and not acting on what they were voted for. Sqabbling over reform, if there wasn't money being thrown around I'm sure there would be a different story. Thing is, their obligation is the PEOPLE not lobby-ists and corporations. It's ridiculous!!!! The FED has about a 5 trillion dollar deficit as of last year, then within about 9 months it equates to about 9 trillion. I was against the stimulus plan back in November, and I wasn't all for it when obama passed it especially since infrastructure was toned down a lot. I think doing a ful evaluation of the banks that failed or hell all the major banks then close the one's who were bad is the way to go, hell it worked before. It is sickening. I think parts of the economy are going better but a lot of economists say recessions last about 2 years, and this one could potentially get worse, though there are some signs that things are getting better. But things need to be done in washington, especially with the greed that is being thrown around and especially the power of money over what is right and will really work.
    Vulchor:
    Anonymity? Thats not exactly true. Everyone who knows me can read these blogs from a site I use. A few hundred other people as well read, and indeed many because they hate what I have to say----but I think thats fine...I need to be able to open my mind up as well. That being said, I have no idea what me being anonymous has to do with my writings unless your implying it would make someone want to beat my @ss....to which I am admitedly a coward...lol.

And if you only have 1K per month because you have that many expenses-----its time to cut your expenses and live in your means I am sad to say. And my rant allowing for no other opinion is the point of my rant, as I stated before its about emotion---good, bad or otherwise. Accusatory? Sure. Offensive? Usually. Rambling? Definately. But if it wasnt, it wouldnt be a simple emotion rant.

Dont get crazy thinking I believe to my core everything I write, some is my idea of George Carlinesque humor----although his much more concise.

Yes, I know you're a coward because I've seen these rants ad nausaum. These types of rants are made by people too afraid to stand up in a town hall and say these things; too afraid to say them in a bar or on the street. These rants are made by people who remain anonymous and refuse to ever say these things, face-to-face, with someone who disagrees with them; they only welcome dissent on the internet, not in real-life. I've seen these types of rants on countless forums, made by countless people - some things just never change

You may rant to blow off steam - but my God, the election was 6mo ago - just let it go already! Palin's a politician, she needs to keep her name in circulation, just like any other politician; that's why she won't "go away". The animus directed at her is just astounding - I can't think of any other unelected politician that the media and the Left have ever attacked so viciously, nor can I think of any politician who's family was considered open game.

Even during the election, Obama and McCain were able to agree to leave the families out of it. I dislike Obama's policies, but at the very least, he had enough class to leave his opponents family out of the race; something I can't say for a person like you (and before you try it - Palins 18 yr old daughter is not the same as Obama's 30 or 40yr old wife)

Your rant would mean something if you had the political courage to extend your damnation to every girl underage that got knocked up, but you don't - then you'd have to include blacks, hispanics, and other groups that carry political favortism, and you'd take flak for that. So you confine your rant to a convenient target, one in which you'll only have to defend your judgment, not your choice of target.

I've seen your arguments before, I've seen your lame excuses "I'm just venting", "I don't really believe everything I write", "It was just an emotional rant, that's all", "Comedians do the same thing, why can't I?" - even now, you're backing off some of the things you've written, backing down from the invective. The bottom line is, you only posted here to vent, and you don't want to ever argue with someone face-to-face. You're right - you are a coward, because even with the anonymity afforded by the internet, you're already backing away from your arguments

Next time you feel like ranting, just go kick a dog or drown a puppy - it's not much different from what you're advocating Palin/Bristol should've done to their kids

phobicsquirrel:
    I'll bash the dems all day, they are really pissing me off with all this indecision and not acting on what they were voted for. Sqabbling over reform, if there wasn't money being thrown around I'm sure there would be a different story. Thing is, their obligation is the PEOPLE not lobby-ists and corporations. It's ridiculous!!!! The FED has about a 5 trillion dollar deficit as of last year, then within about 9 months it equates to about 9 trillion. I was against the stimulus plan back in November, and I wasn't all for it when obama passed it especially since infrastructure was toned down a lot. I think doing a ful evaluation of the banks that failed or hell all the major banks then close the one's who were bad is the way to go, hell it worked before. It is sickening. I think parts of the economy are going better but a lot of economists say recessions last about 2 years, and this one could potentially get worse, though there are some signs that things are getting better. But things need to be done in washington, especially with the greed that is being thrown around and especially the power of money over what is right and will really work.
    I second this
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    Vulchor:
    BTW, you cant prove the world is warming and in fact there is evidence that the world may be COOLING There has been a correlation between the sun’s inactive phase and the recent global cooling. During the peak of the Earth’s warming in the late 1990s and early 2000s, solar activity was considered by many to be unusually high, enough to actually damage satellites and other devices.

iduno. im no scientist but i have a hard time going all in on global warming. there may be a consensus on the subject but that doesnt mean much to me. There are a lot of ways to find truth, but popularity contests aren’t one of them.
    This is so true. The 1970's saw a lot of worry about global cooling. Granted we may produce a ton of chemicals, I feel like its not entirely proven that we can do so on such a scale as to effect the world's entire climate...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I have a cousin with Downs Syndrome ...I'm just sayin...if ya need to rant about someone at least make it someone capable of defending themselves . I don't mean to be an a$$ but why don't you volunteer some time (if your not to busy ranting) and work with disabled children. Maybe if you took the time to learn about their disabilities and understand them ,spent time with them maybe, just maybe, when you walked in a room and saw the smile that spread across their face because you the person , a friend, a helper was there to see them and at that moment you were their whole world , you could get something genuine from that experience that would make you look upon them with more love and care instead of total disrespect and lack of judgement that allows you to classify them as "just retards" ...I,m just sayin ....man don't even respond just think about it ...
    adamkhalil:
    Vulchor:

This is so true. The 1970's saw a lot of worry about global cooling. Granted we may produce a ton of chemicals, I feel like its not entirely proven that we can do so on such a scale as to effect the world's entire climate...
    Though I don't know how much we are to blame for the warming, if it is not true than why are thousands of miles of ice melting? Why is it thinning? I'm not scientist either but the general consensus is that it is warming.
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:

Yes, I know you're a coward because I've seen these rants ad nausaum. These types of rants are made by people too afraid to stand up in a town hall and say these things; too afraid to say them in a bar or on the street. These rants are made by people who remain anonymous and refuse to ever say these things, face-to-face, with someone who disagrees with them; they only welcome dissent on the internet, not in real-life. I've seen these types of rants on countless forums, made by countless people - some things just never change

You may rant to blow off steam - but my God, the election was 6mo ago - just let it go already! Palin's a politician, she needs to keep her name in circulation, just like any other politician; that's why she won't "go away". The animus directed at her is just astounding - I can't think of any other unelected politician that the media and the Left have ever attacked so viciously, nor can I think of any politician who's family was considered open game.

Even during the election, Obama and McCain were able to agree to leave the families out of it. I dislike Obama's policies, but at the very least, he had enough class to leave his opponents family out of the race; something I can't say for a person like you (and before you try it - Palins 18 yr old daughter is not the same as Obama's 30 or 40yr old wife)

Your rant would mean something if you had the political courage to extend your damnation to every girl underage that got knocked up, but you don't - then you'd have to include blacks, hispanics, and other groups that carry political favortism, and you'd take flak for that. So you confine your rant to a convenient target, one in which you'll only have to defend your judgment, not your choice of target.

I've seen your arguments before, I've seen your lame excuses "I'm just venting", "I don't really believe everything I write", "It was just an emotional rant, that's all", "Comedians do the same thing, why can't I?" - even now, you're backing off some of the things you've written, backing down from the invective. The bottom line is, you only posted here to vent, and you don't want to ever argue with someone face-to-face. You're right - you are a coward, because even with the anonymity afforded by the internet, you're already backing away from your arguments

Next time you feel like ranting, just go kick a dog or drown a puppy - it's not much different from what you're advocating Palin/Bristol should've done to their kids

phobicsquirrel:
    I second this
    Well, I guess we are all aware now that you have seen and heard alot of these points before. I have no problem debating F2F. This is not a topic for debate, because it is simply a rant. By the way, I attend county commisioner meetings where I live. You have made your point you believe I am a coward (which I respect) but as the internet has opened up a new mode of communication I dont see the need to meet someone across the country to discusss a topic or blow off steam when typing works just as well. And while alot of what I wrote I will not stick to, and inded is heartless or mean spirited----I will stick to my belief the aniums as you put it toward Palin is deserved, and I will just leave it to Joe Six Pack, Great Supreme Court Decisions, and Hockey Moms everywhere to elaborate as to why. And by the way----as I prefaced the rant, it was written about a year ago----just rehashed.
    gmill880:
    I have a cousin with Downs Syndrome ...I'm just sayin...if ya need to rant about someone at least make it someone capable of defending themselves . I don't mean to be an a$$ but why don't you volunteer some time (if your not to busy ranting) and work with disabled children. Maybe if you took the time to learn about their disabilities and understand them ,spent time with them maybe, just maybe, when you walked in a room and saw the smile that spread across their face because you the person , a friend, a helper was there to see them and at that moment you were their whole world , you could get something genuine from that experience that would make you look upon them with more love and care instead of total disrespect and lack of judgement that allows you to classify them as "just retards" ...I,m just sayin ....man don't even respond just think about it ...
    Very mean on my part, and should have been taken out---I get stupid when writing. I do not want to get into it other than to say, it was below the belt. BTW, I work some with disabled adults, not children, on my job and see that smile all the time. I am not defending anything or trying to cover anything, but am saying not every off color joke is a direct slight or meant yo hurt. Aside from Bill Cosby I dont know how many great comedians there would be if no one made off color comments about tochy ideas.
    Vulchor:
    Well, I guess we are all aware now that you have seen and heard alot of these points before. I have no problem debating F2F. This is not a topic for debate, because it is simply a rant. By the way, I attend county commisioner meetings where I live. You have made your point you believe I am a coward (which I respect) but as the internet has opened up a new mode of communication I dont see the need to meet someone across the country to discusss a topic or blow off steam when typing works just as well. And while alot of what I wrote I will not stick to, and inded is heartless or mean spirited----I will stick to my belief the aniums as you put it toward Palin is deserved, and I will just leave it to Joe Six Pack, Great Supreme Court Decisions, and Hockey Moms everywhere to elaborate as to why.
    You're changing my words to compensate for your poor arguments. I never suggested that you fly across the country. What I said was that you use the internet to go on these rants, yet you're a coward because you'd never stand up in a bar or a street and say these things. You going to commission meetings is completely irrelevant - you wouldn't stand up in a crowded town hall and repeat what you just typed.

If you read the post, you'd see I was agreeing with you - you're a coward you hides behind anonymity and the internet, posts Leftist rants against politicians who you don't like, and then hides again - your only defense is "well I post these things because I can". You don't have the courage to say these things to the people at the commission meetings, you don't have the courage to say these things to the people you live and work with everyday, and you don't have the courage to even stand behind your arguments on a forum message board.

If you need to blow off steam, go kick a dog or drown a kitten; your rant more than suggests you'd do it gleefully if it were somehow connected to Palin
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Vulchor:
    gmill880:
    Very mean on my part, and should have been taken out---I get stupid when writing. I do not want to get into it other than to say, it was below the belt. BTW, I work some with disabled adults, not children, on my job and see that smile all the time. I am not defending anything or trying to cover anything, but am saying not every off color joke is a direct slight or meant yo hurt. Aside from Bill Cosby I dont know how many great comedians there would be if no one made off color comments about tochy ideas.

I understand that and am cool with it. If you work with the disabled, children or adults, I cant imagine you meant any harm with it , just a poor choice of words ...lets let it go at that ...
    phobicsquirrel:
    I liked it.. I agree with much of what you said, and the name calling is just about right. They are that and more. The climate is warming, sorry kuzi (http://www.esa.int/esaEO/SEM9V567ESD_index_0.html).
    uhh... thats 5 years old. sorry mine is more up to date and accurate if you bothered to click the link and read it youd see that
  • WafflebobWafflebob Posts: 118
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:
    Well, I guess we are all aware now that you have seen and heard alot of these points before. I have no problem debating F2F. This is not a topic for debate, because it is simply a rant. By the way, I attend county commisioner meetings where I live. You have made your point you believe I am a coward (which I respect) but as the internet has opened up a new mode of communication I dont see the need to meet someone across the country to discusss a topic or blow off steam when typing works just as well. And while alot of what I wrote I will not stick to, and inded is heartless or mean spirited----I will stick to my belief the aniums as you put it toward Palin is deserved, and I will just leave it to Joe Six Pack, Great Supreme Court Decisions, and Hockey Moms everywhere to elaborate as to why.
    You're changing my words to compensate for your poor arguments. I never suggested that you fly across the country. What I said was that you use the internet to go on these rants, yet you're a coward because you'd never stand up in a bar or a street and say these things. You going to commission meetings is completely irrelevant - you wouldn't stand up in a crowded town hall and repeat what you just typed.

If you read the post, you'd see I was agreeing with you - you're a coward you hides behind anonymity and the internet, posts Leftist rants against politicians who you don't like, and then hides again - your only defense is "well I post these things because I can". You don't have the courage to say these things to the people at the commission meetings, you don't have the courage to say these things to the people you live and work with everyday, and you don't have the courage to even stand behind your arguments on a forum message board.

If you need to blow off steam, go kick a dog or drown a kitten; your rant more than suggests you'd do it gleefully if it were somehow connected to Palin
    This argument is ad hominem. Whether he is a coward or willing to speak this things in a crowded town hall or on the street corner has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they are valid or heartfelt. If you disagree with his opinions it's fine to argue against them but attacking him directly is uncalled for.
    phobicsquirrel:
    adamkhalil:
    Vulchor:

Though I don't know how much we are to blame for the warming, if it is not true than why are thousands of miles of ice melting? Why is it thinning? I'm not scientist either but the general consensus is that it is warming.
    its not melting.

and as far as:
    " I'm not scientist either but the general consensus is that it is warming"
    again, There are a lot of ways to find truth, but popularity contests aren’t one of them.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    adamkhalil:
    Vulchor:

Thats a dangerous way to think. In the late 30's and early 40's the general consensus in Germany was that Jews were the root of all evil in the world...
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    phobicsquirrel:
    adamkhalil:
    Vulchor:

I think people are split on this issue (whether it is indeed warming or not). Regardless, I'm more unconvinced of the fact that humans are to blame for any warming, if such warming is in fact occurring. I don't think humans have the capability to alter the climate that substantially one way or another. The Ice Age happened without any human involvement, the change from a mostly CO2 environment to an environment that had enough oxygen to sustain life happened without human involvement. Sometimes I think we take too much credit for our own actions. Our existance is a blip on the timeline of the world -- I don't think we could have made that significant a difference in such a short time.

(Sidenote: My favorite argument is cow farts increase methane and caused global warming cause of how many cows we now breed for domestic consumption. Do you know how many animals lived on the N. American continent alone before it was heavily colonized? Way more than the cows we have now. Also, DINOSAURS? You can't tell me that regardless of how many dinosaurs existed that dinosaur farts wouldn't be more problematic than cow farts...)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    adamkhalil:
    phobicsquirrel:
    adamkhalil:
    Vulchor:

I think people are split on this issue (whether it is indeed warming or not). Regardless, I'm more unconvinced of the fact that humans are to blame for any warming, if such warming is in fact occurring. I don't think humans have the capability to alter the climate that substantially one way or another. The Ice Age happened without any human involvement, the change from a mostly CO2 environment to an environment that had enough oxygen to sustain life happened without human involvement. Sometimes I think we take too much credit for our own actions. Our existance is a blip on the timeline of the world -- I don't think we could have made that significant a difference in such a short time.

(Sidenote: My favorite argument is cow farts increase methane and caused global warming cause of how many cows we now breed for domestic consumption. Do you know how many animals lived on the N. American continent alone before it was heavily colonized? Way more than the cows we have now. Also, DINOSAURS? You can't tell me that regardless of how many dinosaurs existed that dinosaur farts wouldn't be more problematic than cow farts...)
    I never thought I'd see anyone mention Dinosaur farts on this forum... HAHA Thats too damn funny!
    But in all seriousness I agree with your post. There have been several Ice Ages and our planet has been warming since the last one. The Earth has ALWAYS gone through periods of cool and warming even WAY before we were here with our horrible "carbon footprints."
    Wafflebob:
    This argument is ad hominem. Whether he is a coward or willing to speak this things in a crowded town hall or on the street corner has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they are valid or heartfelt. If you disagree with his opinions it's fine to argue against them but attacking him directly is uncalled for.
    Of course it's an ad hominem, but his entire rant is one giant ad hominem - one good turn deserves another. Given that his rant is run-on sentence of personal insults, I can rebuke him in a like fashion. Given that he himself admits to being a coward and unable to repeat his rant to other people off the internet, I'm just agreeing with him.

And his willingness to speak these things in a crowd is fully relevent to their validity. If he had any courage to follow his alleged convictions, he'd be willing to repeat them in person to his friends/family. But instead he comes on the internet, **** and moans in a poliltical rant, and then backs off claiming that he doesn't really believe everything he wrote - then he admits he's too cowardly to repeat them in person and I fully agree with him in that regard.
    xmacro:
    Wafflebob:
    Of course it's an ad hominem, but his entire rant is one giant ad hominem - one good turn deserves another. Given that his rant is run-on sentence of personal insults, I can rebuke him in a like fashion. Given that he himself admits to being a coward and unable to repeat his rant to other people off the internet, I'm just agreeing with him.

And his willingness to speak these things in a crowd is fully relevent to their validity. If he had any courage to follow his alleged convictions, he'd be willing to repeat them in person to his friends/family. But instead he comes on the internet, **** and moans in a poliltical rant, and then backs off claiming that he doesn't really believe everything he wrote - then he admits he's too cowardly to repeat them in person and I fully agree with him in that regard.
    no more **** than anyone else.... and how do you know what he would say, I'd say some of those things too anyone who they deserved to be told.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    xmacro:
    Wafflebob:

no more **** than anyone else.... and how do you know what he would say, I'd say some of those things too anyone who they deserved to be told.
    I'll say one quick thing on this...I could care less about the political arguements made here (on on Puro's Rants) other than to say I think most are outrageously over the top. But the "****" thing was really out of line and I'm fairly certain neither he, nor you, nor anyone else would say that kind of thing to someone's face. For instance, my good friend and college roommate has a child with Down's Syndrome. He's a Pittsburgh Police officer. If you said that his face, he'd be well justified to punch you in yours.

I just find it so odd and unfunny that someone would attack a "****."
    Luko:
    phobicsquirrel:
    xmacro:
    Wafflebob:

I'll say one quick thing on this...I could care less about the political arguements made here (on on Puro's Rants) other than to say I think most are outrageously over the top. But the "****" thing was really out of line and I'm fairly certain neither he, nor you, nor anyone else would say that kind of thing to someone's face. For instance, my good friend and college roommate has a child with Down's Syndrome. He's a Pittsburgh Police officer. If you said that his face, he'd be well justified to punch you in yours.

I just find it so odd and unfunny that someone would attack a "****."
    yeah the **** things was not cool
    Wafflebob:
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:

Thanks Bob (love the Captain by the way). I didnt see any reason for a personal attack either. Im sure you are aware I could just as easily lauch I tirade about someones character, but as my wife has tried to teach me since I met her (lol) if you cant say something nice about someone, say nothing. Not to say my rant didnt go after people, but these were public figures. Nevetheless, I try to hold myself to a standard of respect for others, not only for them but for my own sense of pride.
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    adamkhalil:
    Vulchor:

Thats a dangerous way to think. In the late 30's and early 40's the general consensus in Germany was that Jews were the root of all evil in the world...
    Has that concensus chaned worldwide????Lol....sorry.
    xmacro:
    Wafflebob:

I do repeat them to my family and friends Macro. In fact most of them read my little postings and either agreee or disagree and then we discuss-----in fact...sometimes in a public place. Also, I never said I would not say them in person...I said the internet is an easier place for convience and also for the size of audience. Never once did I say I would not say them in person or off the internet----please feel free to check my prior responses for this as I did and if we are to continue to have a discussion or debate intelligently, I think we should first make sure we know what the other person is saying and not add our own spin or take on what their words are....Thanks.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Wafflebob:
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:

Thanks Bob (love the Captain by the way). I didnt see any reason for a personal attack either. Im sure you are aware I could just as easily lauch I tirade about someones character, but as my wife has tried to teach me since I met her (lol) if you cant say something nice about someone, say nothing. Not to say my rant didnt go after people, but these were public figures. Nevetheless, I try to hold myself to a standard of respect for others, not only for them but for my own sense of pride.
    You have to be kidding here. You try to hold yourself to a standard of respect for others???? I actually agreed with some of your points and thought some of the post was funny. But your repeated bashing of Palin's daughter for apparently being the world's biggest *** and her "****" were respectful? I try to insert myself into other people's arguments. I'm not trying to be a *** here, I don't even like Palin as a politican. But come on. Gimme a break. Your post was the absolute pinnacle of disrespect.

Kids with Down's Syndrome who are the children of politicians aren't fair game, either.