Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

imgembobomb

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
What a lazy jackass I am. Here it's been five days and I have yet to post a pic and give credit where credit is due. Here's what happened: BOTL imgembo offered to lend me a book. Instead, he sent me what appears to be a brand new uncracked book in a box with four fine cigars:

The Lot 23, well you know I am into those; but this maduro version I have not tried. The My father is of course one dynamite smoke. The 5 Vegas Gold I've not had before. And I have long been anxious to try one of those AJ Over-runs. In fact, I plan to fire it up tonight, after handball.

Is there anywhere on the innerweb a more magnanimous fraternity of fine fellows than what we have here?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I don't think there is Davis, I really dont. Enjoy those fine smokes and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Magnanimous... Spiffy, my friend! I couldn't have found a better forum than this to be a part of.
    Enjoy, my friend and Happy Festivus!
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Magna what? That's too many mmmmms. Nice hit.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Somebody was an english major. Like the starburst commercial a fabulous conundrum of contradictions. A capable motorcycle mechanic [guessing] with an obvious appreciation of obscure english language. Say what! The month was in that commercial I've heard.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no effin way that so simple a word as magnanimous ought to be obscure. While it is true that after a life of attention I can distinguish an apocape from an apophasis and use both in the same apopemptic, magnanimous does not belong in the same neighborhood.

People -- We are heirs to a vast and comprehensive language. Each word embodies either a different idea or shade of meaning. Why limit our stock of ideas? What's the advantage to fewer shades of meaning? It's not about showing off; it's about keeping smart.

If functional illiteracy is the norm, be exceptional.

... n now back to yer regler programin... LOL!!

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)