Home General Discussion

Gibs' 10 Tips and Tricks For being a successful Newbie at Ccom

1. Never show a picture of an empty cooler/humidor/tupperdor!
for example show this (all of the cigars moved up to the top instead of spread out)-

instead of this (empty shelves)-

2. Keep your address a secret, never share with people that go by the name of Mike, June, RobbyRas.... actually just share it with no one but me, ill keep it safe.

3. Keep your Bio updated, it will help to keep you "safe"

4. Everybody buys crappy cigars aka Dog Rockets occasionally, it happens. For example i have a 5 pack of "Free Cuba" Cigars in the mail right now; the band had nothing to do with me purchasing them...

5. Dont be afraid to try new and different cigars, you never know what you will like.

6. Kuzi knows more than he will admit, listen to what he says, he is a pretty smart guy.

7. Understand that this is a widely varied group, not everyone will always agree, but try to get along with others.

8. If your addy does somehow manage to get out, run, run far away. the guys and gals here are evil

9. The Ccom Daily Deal and Sprint Sale are the BEST

10. Cigars are more of a lifestyle than a hobby, they are all consuming, learn to completely enjoy them.

Notice: This post was written in a semi-serious semi-joking manner I based my picks on what ive seen on the forum in the year ive been here, and do not mean to offend anyone with this post or its contents.

Comments

• ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Dude did you line your coolidor with led rope light? If so that is awesome makes you feel like your opening the arc of the covenant every single time you go for a cigar.
    also +1
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Imgembo:
    Dude did you line your coolidor with led rope light? If so that is awesome makes you feel like your opening the arc of the covenant every single time you go for a cigar.
    also +1
    +1

You might want to add "Don't try to sell anything with your first post or your soul will be ripped out of you then thrown to a pack of starved soul eating chihuahuas" to the list.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    When I first started getting into this whole thing, I bought a "2-fer" of the Free Cuba bundles from the sister (before I even knew CCom existed actually). Smoked and/or shared all 50 of them. As I recall I didn't hate them.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    One more rule......If you have found this site, consider yourself lucky. Some of the best, most generous people lurk here.....
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Also don't try to impress anyone by lying about what you have...somehow the truth always comes out and you'll be well not looked upon in a good way.
    Money can't buy taste
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    One more rule......If you have found this site, consider yourself lucky. Some of the best, most generous people lurk here.....
    +1 enjoy the madness! and the statement about the daily deal and sprint sale? the best what?....magicians? cuz they both make my money disappear!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    greg2648:
    +1 enjoy the madness! and the statement about the daily deal and sprint sale? the best what?....magicians? cuz they both make my money disappear!!
    Lmao I had to stop looking at them!!!! My wallet shriveled everytime I looked.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Awesome right up!! Good job Taylor
  • and most importantly, SANTA CLAUS resides on ccom forums!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Santa Claus:
    and most importantly, SANTA CLAUS resides on ccom forums!
    Can someone get rid of this joker? :D
  • taythegibs:
    Santa Claus:
    you are on the NAUGHTY list!
    Imgembo:
    also +1
    Yeah i did, and its battery powered so every time i open it is and the lid hits the momentary switch they light up even if the power is out, its very helpful at night when im trying not to wake up the roommate. I have a thread about it somewhere on here.
    Santa Claus:
    taythegibs:
    Santa Claus:
    Hah, okay. Cranky old man who cant even spell his own name.
  • taythegibs:
    Santa Claus:
    taythegibs:
    Santa Claus:
    .................you may not wish upon a star
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Also don't try to impress anyone by lying about what you have...somehow the truth always comes out and you'll be well not looked upon in a good way.
    Good point, of course this is applicable in all areas of life.
    Santa Claus:
    taythegibs:
    Santa Claus:
    taythegibs:
    Santa Claus:
    .................you may not wish upon a star
    Fool, i work at disney, i make dreams come true!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    6. Kuzi knows more than he will admit, listen to what he says, he is a pretty smart guy.
    lies
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done Mr. taythegibs. Now ....... where do you live?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I only have a 6 pack cooler that I use....:-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    make that 3. mike and i share them
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    make that 3. mike and i share them
    yes very small and indiscreet...... just enough to get buy! Lol:-)
    danielzreyes:
    Nicely done Mr. taythegibs. Now ....... where do you live?
    ill send you a pm.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And those who say they only have a few 10 packs or a 50 ct humi, don't trust them.
    They lie. And even worse, if they want to do a 5 for 5 trade, best make room in your humi, cause they can't count neither.

And Sandy claws is just a figment of your imagination. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    And those who say they only have a few 10 packs or a 50 ct humi, don't trust them.
    They lie. And even worse, if they want to do a 5 for 5 trade, best make room in your humi, cause they can't count neither.

Really tony who does that?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    0patience:

Really tony who does that?
    No one. None of us would ever do anything underhanded like that. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Very nice Gibs, couldn't agree more
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Id add if you want to get into the bombing game f up the vets and get creative. Pacifiers, 5ft tall coffins, peppers, sharks jerseys even though they dont like the sharks. But do not impersonate a WW2 flight crew and lay waste to the forum. That just pisses people off.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    6 pack of kegs
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    1. Never show a picture of an empty cooler/humidor/tupperdor!
    2. Keep your address a secret, never share with people that go by the name of Mike, June, RobbyRas.... actually just share it with no one but me, ill keep it safe.
    3. Keep your Bio updated, it will help to keep you "safe"
    4. Everybody buys crappy cigars aka Dog Rockets occasionally, it happens. For example i have a 5 pack of "Free Cuba" Cigars in the mail right now; the band had nothing to do with me purchasing them...
    5. Dont be afraid to try new and different cigars, you never know what you will like.
    7. Understand that this is a widely varied group, not everyone will always agree, but try to get along with others.
    8. If your addy does somehow manage to get out, run, run far away. the guys and gals here are evil
    9. The Ccom Daily Deal and Sprint Sale are the BEST
    10. Cigars are more of a lifestyle than a hobby, they are all consuming, learn to completely enjoy them.
    You forgot the most important rule: Knock off the rules, for Chrissake.

Well, except for number 6 about Kuzi. I would vote for him on Dancing With the Stars.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i cant dance.