Home General Discussion

"Pick My Stick" Friday 11/30 BUESO Wins! COMPLETED with mini review

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Pick my stick is back after a busy few weeks. You know the deal..... you choose the stick that I will smoke tonight and I write my crummy amateur review along with pics.

Here are my choices for tonight:

1. Black Market
2. Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project
3. Berger & Argenti

I have not had any of these so it will be my surprise. Remember..... vote early and often !!

Going out to smoke at 3:30 CST

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    RB! PM to you.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Bueso.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm....tough choice since they're all great.
    Since it will be an afternoon smoke though, I gotta go with:

AB Black Market
    (IMO - save the Buseo for an after-dinner/evening smoke)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Bueso
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Burn the bueso Jim #2! Dont be scurrred
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmm, I was thinking Bueso too!

I may have one as well!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    Hey, I think you gave me that Bueso....... it certainly was one of you Pacific NW guys !! One of you guys puts nice date labels on your sticks...... whoever that is gave me the Bueso.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    bigfnsteve:
    Hey, I think you gave me that Bueso....... it certainly was one of you Pacific NW guys !! One of you guys puts nice date labels on your sticks...... whoever that is gave me the Bueso.
    That would be John...
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to say the B&A bc I want to hear what you think. I have not had one!~
    mmccartneydc:
    I'm going to say the B&A bc I want to hear what you think. I have not had one!~
    I always go by the popular vote and the B&A is unknown to a lot of folks so I am not surprised no one has voted for it before you. It is an odd looking bird and even if I dont do it tonight it will come back on the "Pick My Stick" list in the near future !!!

Thanks for voting Doc !!
    15 minutes of voting left.... looks like Bueso might have it.... KEEP VOTING :)
    Off to do my duty..... thanks for participating !

Ramon Bueso - Mini Review

Fist impressions are that this is a nice looking stick. Well made, smooth, dark wrapper. Prelight lick and draw nice smooth woodsy flavors. First puff ok but nothing special.

Odd, but I am noticing that the ash falls off very early like short filler sticks. I like the flavor and lots of nice white billowy smoke. Ash falls on its own at 1/2 inch or so.

I am enjoying this smoke. Love the big clouds (plus it is 75 and beautiful outside) Flavor, well, I was never very good at finding specific flavors, but I taste a bit of leather. Very smooth......more to follow

Part 2...

The second half has some spice flavor coming in and maybe a hint of cocoa. Still tons of nice billowy smoke. Kind of reminds me of an Undercrown. I really like this stick. Ash is holding much better now and the burn is excellent.

... more to come....

Final third....

Much more spice and cocoa coming in now and seems a bit stronger. Still smooth and very enjoyable. I just ordered some to put away for the future. Last inch had a tiny bit of bitterness but maybe because I am not pairing with my usual Woodford Reserve. (just plain water today) I hope they are all as good as this one. A new addition to my top ten list and (which is now about 15 long). My simple rating is 5 out of 5. This robusto lasted a little over 1.5 hours. A great value!

Thanks y'all for a great choice !
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Ramon Bueso would have been my suggestion too, although I do like the Black Market a lot. Never had a Berger and Argenti so I can't speak about that one. Sounds like RB won you over as well.