Home General Discussion

RP Vintage 1999

I saw some of these at my local B&M and I was wondering if anyone has tried them.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been known to like RP very much, and this was true with the '99 as well. though it wasn't bad and I believe it was one of the better sticks, I wouldn't go out and find any. I for some reason ain't a fan of his stuff. I do like the vintage 90 though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I haven't been known to like RP very much, and this was true with the '99 as well. though it wasn't bad and I believe it was one of the better sticks, I wouldn't go out and find any. I for some reason ain't a fan of his stuff. I do like the vintage 90 though.
    what he said
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've had one. Here's my review from my cigar catalog...

Construction was perfect, draw felt tight, but produced tons of smoke easily, burn was perfect. Mild but flavorful, some woodsy flavors but mostly creamy tobacco flavor, hints of subtle spice here and there. Unfortunately, started to rain after only the first inch or two, so I had to put it out and relight, wasn't the same afterwards.

I think it was one of those passing showers we were getting all the time up here last summer, so I put it out, clipped and re-lit very shortly afterwards, but it's never the same after relighting.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Rob's description sounds better than anything I could say. If you like mild connecticuts, the 99s are great.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Hmmm I guess Ill have to try one after my wisdom teeth holes heal...
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    ive always been meaning to try one, but....i assume it would taste like a clone of the ashton classic based on the reviews ive heard.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I love the RP 99 and I'm not a huge fan of Conni wrappers. It is a much better smoke than the regular RP Conni. I have had a few and I'm pretty sure I still have one resting in the humi.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I got couple of these in my humi now. I have also smoked a few. You will like them if you like mild cigars, I prefer the Vintage 90 or Rennisance. Very well constructed cigar, I just prefer my smokes with a bit more flavor....kinda reminds me of a Macanudo.

"Long ashes my friends."

• smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I had a vintage 90 the other day...funny story with that....anyway im usually a 92 kinda guy, but that 90 was a really great smoke.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I smoked a 90 last night actually, damn thing kept going out and having burn issues....never had this problem with a 90 before.

"Long ashes my friends."

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive had the RP conn and liked it. Havent tried the 99 yet.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    what he said
    Don't listen to these guys their palates have been ruined by Gurkha. They both now think that every cigar is supposed to taste like you are burning money.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    what he said
    Don't listen to these guys their palates have been ruined by Gurkha. They both now think that every cigar is supposed to taste like you are burning money.
    ouch....I second that
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    what he said
    ouch....I second that
    haha Well I take a more bi-partisan stance on this issue because I like most of Rocky's stuff and I like the gurkha stuff I have had as well. But I say give the 99 a try. I thought it was a great smoke and I'm not even a fan of more mild smokes. It had a lot of flavor and great burn and construction as do most of Rocky's smokes.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    what he said
    That's pretty funny Maddy.. but true. Does a Twenty taste that much different than a Five ?
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    what he said
    That's pretty funny Maddy.. but true. Does a Twenty taste that much different than a Five ?
    Significantly Better!