Home General Discussion

Hello, my name is Drew and I am a cigar addict

ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
I have a problem. that's the first step right? I just bought the Nicaraguan All-Star Six Pack and I have no room in my humi's. It gets worse. I already have 30 cigars on the way to my house from sprintsale purchases I could not pass up. Thats right ladies and gents. 36 cigars I have to find room for in 3 already stuffed humi's. I cant lie. I am a cigar addict!

Comments

• Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the addiction lol
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Ziplocks and tupperware, my good man. Ziplocks and tupperware.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sounds like you need to get smoking Drew. Welcome to the forum, you and your wallets new BFF. Have you thought about a cooler?
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    Sounds like you need to get smoking Drew. Welcome to the forum, you and your wallets new BFF. Have you thought about a cooler?
    planing on gifting myself a 300ct for christmas. at this rate i'll have that thing filled before I get it.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    +3 ...... wait no. +4 now
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Hi Drew
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    james40:
    planing on gifting myself a 300ct for christmas. at this rate i'll have that thing filled before I get it.
    get a wineador. The 300 will be full in no time....
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    i just bought the same sampler
    danielzreyes:
    jthanatos:
    get your ass a wineador too damnit... I can't wait, possibly sat or the following week depending on time.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Medic45:
    Welcome to the addiction lol

+1 and good luck....

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its terrible(great).i suffer the same addiction. my humis not full id say halfway but im always thining i want to buy more.or if i smoke one i need to replace it immediately.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    We love you Drew!
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    james40:
    So would the wineador. Full without fail. I'll be broke before I know it.
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    james40:
    So would the wineador. Full without fail. I'll be broke before I know it.
    yup...now that your accepted your death, stop buying immediately.
    I cant stop. I wont stop.
    ddubridge:
    you'll thank me later, when you don't have piles of smokes you don't like anymore.... Trust me...stop, smoke, take notes, then start buying again. Otherwise you will end up with ten packs of stuff you don't want. It's better to trade for what you want to try, then buy 5-10'ers on good deals.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    you'll thank me later, when you don't have piles of smokes you don't like anymore.... Trust me...stop, smoke, take notes, then start buying again. Otherwise you will end up with ten packs of stuff you don't want. It's better to trade for what you want to try, then buy 5-10'ers on good deals.
    Completely agree!!!!!! I've given almost all lower end stuff away that I don't care for anymore. You'll find quality outweighs quantity...and even better quantity of quality!! In the beginning of my venture I was buying like mad,but in the end really only truley liked about 50% of what I had gotten. I can't knock on any stick since everyone is different but always judge for yourself before you buy a bunch!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    jthanatos:
    get your ass a wineador too damnit... I can't wait, possibly sat or the following week depending on time.
    I have a small wine cooler in the garage. I was thinking of converting it but I don't have the time.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    Completely agree!!!!!! I've given almost all lower end stuff away that I don't care for anymore. You'll find quality outweighs quantity...and even better quantity of quality!! In the beginning of my venture I was buying like mad,but in the end really only truley liked about 50% of what I had gotten. I can't knock on any stick since everyone is different but always judge for yourself before you buy a bunch!!
    Agree with Lee and Dusty... It's much nicer to look at what you have and find it hard to pick between all the good stuff than to see piles of stuff you don't want!!
    i've been enjoying handmade cigars for just over a year now. i started very cheap and found some very good cheap cigars. now that ive figured out my likes, im expanding into more quality and less quantity. i am currently buying samplers like the "best of nicaragua" and "nicaragua all star" samples because i like NC and i want to try some new stuff. the other cigars i bought were mow double corona and torpedo (10 of each) because i love MOW. i couldnt get them any cheaper (except free...and no you can't have my addy) so i had to jump on them. also, i have a couple of friends who like to throw a couple of bucks my way every once in a while so i like to keep some stock for variety. i am working on an aging humi so i usally split a ten to age half. i dont think im over doing yet. thoughts?
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Ahh, I remember starting out this way.
    Now I have 3 full humidors, 2 full cooladors, and the bottom two drawers of my dresser are stuffed with random ziplocks.

I read all the same warnings and ignored them for the most part (there's no WAY I'll need any more than a 100ct humidor!)
    No regrets; but if I could go back, I'd do a few things differently!

In summary: It sounds like you're enjoying our wonderful hobby perfectly!
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    ddubridge:
    I find myself in the same boat. I've been smoking cigars for the past couple months now and i find cigars on the sprint sale and have to buy them. Then i'll smoke one cigar and feel the need to buy a another sampler and the a daily deal and the next thing i know i filled my humi and now have two tupperdors going. It crazy how addicting collecting and smoking cigars can be.
    DCarp2005:
    ddubridge:
    I find myself in the same boat. I've been smoking cigars for the past couple months now and i find cigars on the sprint sale and have to buy them. Then i'll smoke one cigar and feel the need to buy a another sampler and the a daily deal and the next thing i know i filled my humi and now have two tupperdors going. It crazy how addicting collecting and smoking cigars can be.
    us newbies dont have a selection to choose from right off the bat. nothing with age. we need to buy buy buy. smoke smoke smoke. age age age.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Simple solution..... send them to me and I will hold them for you. I will convert them to ashes FOR FREE and send them back. Ashes dont take much room at all. Problem solved
    jadelt:
    Simple solution..... send them to me and I will hold them for you. I will convert them to ashes FOR FREE and send them back. Ashes dont take much room at all. Problem solved
    i'll think about it and get back to you
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    LeftFive:
    Ahh, I remember starting out this way.
    Now I have 3 full humidors, 2 full cooladors, and the bottom two drawers of my dresser are stuffed with random ziplocks.

I read all the same warnings and ignored them for the most part (there's no WAY I'll need any more than a 100ct humidor!)
    No regrets; but if I could go back, I'd do a few things differently!

In summary: It sounds like you're enjoying our wonderful hobby perfectly!

Wow, I think I've only spoken to you once. Welcome back, I wonder if some of the older Vets notice.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    One thing when I started was don't be afraid of price!! Some makers like RP,AB,gurhka and graycliff really bump up price for what you get IMO. But a lot of the higher end sticks will make you quickly fall in love!! There are many inexpensive cigars out there to smoke but just make sure they are from a reputable company!! I am far from wealthy but I don't mind splurging if I know it's well worth it!! So try sticks from different countries,brands and price ranges. Don't be scared to splurge on a expensive stick here or there and just enjoy yourself.
    Money can't buy taste
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    ddubridge:
    DCarp2005:
    ddubridge:
    us newbies dont have a selection to choose from right off the bat. nothing with age. we need to buy buy buy. smoke smoke smoke. age age age.
    Agreed haha, it would be nice if one could speed up the aging process somehow. Possibly a time machine, i think Kuzi is in the process of creating one for cigars haha
    danielzreyes:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    jthanatos:
    I have a small wine cooler in the garage. I was thinking of converting it but I don't have the time.
    Ummmm.....

Order a bag of Kitty Litter-5min
    Buy a plug at Home Depot next time you are there-5min
    Plug Drain valve-5min
    Put Kitty litter and boxes in-5min
    Wait two days.....
    DCarp2005:
    ddubridge:
    DCarp2005:
    ddubridge:
    Agreed haha, it would be nice if one could speed up the aging process somehow. Possibly a time machine, i think Kuzi is in the process of creating one for cigars haha
    Precisely why you should be patient. Your palette will change...probably twice in the next year. That's why I love B&M's for singles, and trades here for stuff I want to try. It's not worth buying a fiver, not liking it, then sitting on four sticks. Or better yet, buying a ten pack, liking the first, then the second, aging them six months and palette change makes you hate them lol. I really have to love a cigar to buy more then a fiver and I will buy 10-box depending. True aging is really only needed for CC and IMO, you shouldn't have to age a NC/DC more then 6 months. If you do, the manufacturer is selling to soon.