Home General Discussion

Your most memorable...

I'm new to the forum and I'd like to get a feel for everyone. With that being said, what was your most memorable smoke? That one time that just sticks out in your mind more than others, the time that the cigar just tied in perfectly. Mine goes to a beautiful fall day ride on the bike with a few friends to Quabbin Reservoir. Gorgeous scenery, cool weather, good friends, a smooth ride and great Gurkhas.

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I think the first time I ever smoked with my dad, gave him a CAO America, and he gave me an Oliva 'V.' It was really cool to just kick back and talk about things.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Probably having a smoke down on the beach in evening when I was in the Bahamas, perfect moment.

"Long ashes my friends."

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine was a Victor Sinclair Bohemian while I was trimming the X-Mas tree tree in my apartment with a buddy when I still lived alone. It took two puffs of the stick before I realized it was as horrible as anything I had ever tasted and I promptly went outside and dry heaved so bad I amlost choked up a yule log-------the last time I ever smoked a Sinclair as well.
  • Lol way to take the conversation in a new light. Important lessons sometimes come the hard way too. Now that I think about it, most of the time they are given to me down the hard route.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    My most memorable smoke was about 4 weeks up when I was in the New York catskills at a resort with a bunch of my close friends. It was the week after we all graduated and it was a great and relaxing week. Weather wasn't always great so we only smoked two nights, and the one I enjoyed my first Carlos Torano Virtuoso that I received as a birthday present. It weather and scenery were absolutly beautiful and to enjoy great cigars with great friends was really relaxing. That was proably one of the best cigars I had and most certainly the best setting to enjoy it.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    On the beach in San Francisco during my honeymoon with a Davidoff Millenium.
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    Thus far in life, i'm kinda of sorry to say it was a honey philly's blunt at my friends lakehouse in summer. senior year of highschool, back when the world was still yours and possibilities were limitless. also, you were invincible and knew everything, so that helps.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I was so young and didn't know any better ... White Owl Vanilla, at my best friends house drinking more busch beer than one should ever consume, but it was a blast still. A little busch every now and then doesn't hurt :P
  • kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    I had a HUGE crush on a girl when I was in high school.  When I was 17, I asked her over to hang out at my parents' house one night, and she said yes.  We smoked cigars out on the patio, and drank a bunch of Crown Royal whiskey that I took from my dad's bar.

That was by far my most memorable cigar, because:
    - Had a HUGE crush on her for years in high school.
    - She was WAY out of my league, and wanted to hang out.
    - Smoked and drank that night, even though we were underage.
    - I got a BJ later that night.

• nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    kent1146:
    I had a HUGE crush on a girl when I was in high school.  When I was 17, I asked her over to hang out at my parents' house one night, and she said yes.  We smoked cigars out on the patio, and drank a bunch of Crown Royal whiskey that I took from my dad's bar.

m/ "No man should ever live life without experiencing a bj and a good cigar" - Mike Hill
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kent1146:

That is the best experience I have ever heard! My hat's off to you!
  • I guess the question on everyone's mind is did you get to enjoy a cigar while she "enjoyed" you? My fiance would laugh if I asked her if I could do that but would probably let me. I'm going to try this when I get home. Thanks for the inadvertent advice.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Mine was a Victor Sinclair Bohemian while I was trimming the X-Mas tree tree in my apartment with a buddy when I still lived alone. It took two puffs of the stick before I realized it was as horrible as anything I had ever tasted and I promptly went outside and dry heaved so bad I amlost choked up a yule log-------the last time I ever smoked a Sinclair as well.
    I had a similar experience with one of those. I figured it was just a bad stick, no way would someone make a cigar taste like that on purpose. I also have never had another Sinclair though.

I would say my two most memorable cigars were both Alec Bradley Prymes, one was in an Alaska airport, the first place we touched down in America on the way back from the sandbox and the other was with my best friend the night I found out my wife was pregnant.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    for me its actually a few events repeated, one of which is happening again tonight. what usually happens is my freinds wife goes out of town for the weekend, he stays home and tells a few guys to come over for bbq, beer and cigars around his fire pit. the girls belonging to the guys are very understanding, they allow the men to have their night and the girls all get together and do their nails or somthing, who knows. probly talk about the guys more than anything. its not so much the cigar that is memorable for me, its the company. an awsome 5 star cigar with the flavor turned up to 11 is still a bad time if you smoke it with some one you dont like. well, its about 4:05, time for me to call it a week, go to the store for some brew and a steak and head over to my buddys for guys night.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Mine was about 2 years ago when I just started really getting into cigars. Me and two of my best friends were hanging out and my buddy just asked me to be a groomsman and my other buddy to be the best man at his wedding (which was yesterday, still trying to wrap my head around that.) and he asked us by wrapping a note around a Joya de Nicaragua Antano that he bought at a less than stellar place (In our defense, we were still pretty new to this). They were dry as a desert and we decided to try to reconstitute them by sticking a dripping wet towel in a tupperware box with them and leaving them overnight in the fridge. Woke up the next morning to smoke em, and mine literally was sagging it was so wet.

The draw was terrible, it still kicked my ass because we lit up about 5 mins after we woke up and it was one of the most hilarious moments of my cigar smoking career. Heck, at one point I tried to dry it off with a bic lighter warming the entire cigar and all it accomplished was me burning my finger. Still had a great time though.
  • CavguyCavguy Posts: 9
    Thus far I would have to say the my most memorable was my first. It was at the Dining In for my National Guard unit. It was the last one before we transitioned from Infantry Battalion to a Cavalry Squadron so we made it pretty big party. After dinner when everyone was relaxing they lit the smoking lamp and cigars seemingly appeared out of nowhere. I was at the bar getting some of the free alcohol we had and turned around to some one I did not know handing me a Gurkha Centurion, although I did not know how nice that was at the time. So after a quick cigar lesson I lit it and enjoyed the night swapping war stories, puffing on a very nice cigar, and drinking for free all the while in the company of some of the best men I have ever met in my life.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Mine was my first as well, and one I will never forget. I was hanging out with my buddy, who had been a cigar smoker for about 5 years at that time. We had polished off a bottle of Tangle Ridge whiskey in about thirty minutes, and were into our second bottle, some Crown Royal Special Reserve. We went outside to enjoy the nice weather, and he went to the car and got a travel humi. He pulled out a couple of Cubans (he said they were authentic and were the last two from his recent trip). I lit up, and started puffing away. Not knowing that I wasn't supposed to inhale, I was inhaling the whole time. About an inch in, I started feeling ill. He said I turned bright green... needless to say, I hurled, and didn't finish it. The next time we hung out, we smoked and I learned not to inhale, and have been hooked ever since.