Home Non Cigar Related

Fridge Question

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I bought a mini fridge a few months ago. I ran it til about a month and a half ago, then uplugged it. I'd like to use it now. I opened it and checked it out, I don't see any mold or anything, and it does not smell bad. Should I be ok if I just wipe it down and use it?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    should be fine, I mean why wouldn't it? Just out of curiosity, your not putting your cigars in there?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Uh, no. Cold beverages and dead hookers mostly.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    mini fridge
    Rain:
    Midget hookers? Glad to see you support small business....
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    They have to make a living somehow..
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Oh, OK, you should be good, ...then...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    They have to make a living somehow..
    lol
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I unplug the garage mini every winter. I dont alway clean it out when I fire it back up. just make sure you get the moisture out when shutin her down.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    being that my job is to teach health code and food safety, i would recommend that you just get a bit of sanitizer and just wipe it down. it should take less than 5 minutes.
    plastic is porous and my be able to hold bacteria for years if between the temps of 41 and 135.
    i do this on my actual full size fridge every month just for good measure.
    no need to be that intense about it but it makes me feel better

never hurts to err on the side of caution when it comes to food safety.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Think about it this way...what do all those rented dorm fridges do in the summer? Probably sit in a hot warehouse unplugged. Then they're rented again in the fall. Haven't heard too many stories about people being poisoned by dorm fridges. On a side note: Best book about a mini-fridge ever written: Tony Hawks' (the writer, not the skateboarder) classic 'Round Ireland with a Fridge.'