Home General Discussion

Beats and Notes

So after I picked out which cigar I was going to enjoy this evening (Rocky Patel Sun Grown) I then started to look through my music to relax to. With this forum being one of the things keeping me sane I instantly started to wonder what you guys listen to while you smoke, or if you even listen to music while you enjoy your cigar. I find myself listening to a lot of Midlake when I'm winding down. So what beats do you rock when you're relaxing and enjoying the various notes of your smoke?

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    forgetfulrobot:
    So after I picked out which cigar I was going to enjoy this evening (Rocky Patel Sun Grown) I then started to look through my music to relax to. With this forum being one of the things keeping me sane I instantly started to wonder what you guys listen to while you smoke, or if you even listen to music while you enjoy your cigar. I find myself listening to a lot of Midlake when I'm winding down. So what beats do you rock when you're relaxing and enjoying the various notes of your smoke?
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/38474.aspx

check out this thread.
  • I didn't see that I was browsing. my bad
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    forgetfulrobot:
    I didn't see that I was browsing. my bad
    it's cool. It was about five pages back. I just searched for it for ya.
  • naughtnaught Posts: 56
    Mumford & Sons. I don't know what type of music most of you guys here listen to, but I can't imagine anyone not liking this stuff. I just can't get sick of it, and its always my hour+ on the porch.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Checking them out now....from first sounds....I dig em
    how did you get an hour plus...I've downloaded everything I could find and have only come up with 10 tracks totalling 38 mins.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I don't usually listen to music while i smoke, I more often than not just listen to the Braves game.

"Long ashes my friends."

bbc020:
    how did you get an hour plus...I've downloaded everything I could find and have only come up with 10 tracks totalling 38 mins.
    Its one of the few discs I can listen to on repeat ;)
    p.s. If you are liking the Mumford... you may also want to check out Laura Marling (beautiful and way too talented for her age, I'd suggest watching one of the youtube vids of her playing Alas I Cannot Swim live, preferably the one in the church, whoah), Noah and the Whale (a bit poppier, but a similar style, includes Laura), and Johnny Flynn. They are all from the same circle of friends and musicians from the UK and have a slightly similiar style. There are also lots of videos with Laura and the Muford fellows playing together. Glad you like.
    good stuff so far...for a more traditional/bluegrassy sound, check out the Avett Brothers....great heartfelt stuff that isn't afraid to get loud.
    bbc020:
    good stuff so far...for a more traditional/bluegrassy sound, check out the Avett Brothers....great heartfelt stuff that isn't afraid to get loud.
    Yep, they are good stuff. I assume if you like them you also listen to Old Crow Medicine Show. If not, start now!
    naught:
    bbc020:
    Yep, they are good stuff. I assume if you like them you also listen to Old Crow Medicine Show. If not, start now!
    It's covered
    Stir in a bit of 16 Horsepower (preferably the Secret South blend) for one tasty stew.