Home Non Cigar Related

well, we're still here.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
The world didn't end. No end of days. No aliens landing and taking over.
So now you have to wonder if the mayans simply just ran out of room on the tablet or who ever was making it just decided to find a stopping point and end the Calender on the winter solstice.
Sometimes I think some folks over-complicate things.

Then again, the days not over yet. LOL!
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Total bummer right? And I drank all that wiskey last night for nothing...
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    I knew it was all good
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    I read it's suppose to end at 11:11pm. Which adds to the fairytale if you ask me :)
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    I think the guy who chiseled the calendar got a blister on his thumb from the hammer and said " *** it, that's far enough." " If they can't figure the rest out, they're dumb ****."
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Did anyone stop to think that it was 12-21-2012 YESTERDAY IN AUSTRALIA!!! What, are we so conceeded that we only think our side of the world counts???

On a brighter note, I can always purchase more booze and cigars, so drink and smoke what you got......just in case, lol.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One rumor I've heard, The calendar's end date represents not the end of existence, but the time when the 9 gods will return and claim what's theirs.
    (lions & tigers & bears, oh my...)
    ;).
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Damnit!! Guess I shouldn't have smoked my last Opus naked in the stolen police car.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Damn, that was a good cigar. I think I'll have another!.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:
    I read it's suppose to end at 11:11pm. Which adds to the fairytale if you ask me :)
    11:11pm did you know that's the true witching hour? But only if you happen to look at the clock at that time. I looked up that time because my wife was freaking out over it. Didn't help when itold her what it was.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are? I heard we weren't.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    WhoDeyGal:
    11:11pm did you know that's the true witching hour? But only if you happen to look at the clock at that time. I looked up that time because my wife was freaking out over it. Didn't help when itold her what it was.
    I didn't know that. I wonder if that's where the "make a wish" when it's 11:11 came from.