Home Non Cigar Related

Can anyone help?

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have an iPhone 4. I use PhotoBucket for photo-related tasks. I have numerous photos stored in my iPhone. I also have the current PhotoBucket app on my iPhone.

I wish to upload some photos to PhotoBucket but, whenever I click on 'upload media, (using the app) the screen goes to white and a 'cancel' button appears in the upper left corner of the screen. Other than that, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? Or what am I not doing that I should be? Thanks for any help anyone can offer....

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Are you using the current update? When mine does that its usually an ad for something. Try uploading your pix when you're connected to iTunes. I've been having a lot of issues with my 4S and have been giving serious consideration to switching phones. Don't know if this helps but its the best I can come up with. I'm sure there are more tech savy brothers who can give better advice.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Are you using the current update? When mine does that its usually an ad for something. Try uploading your pix when you're connected to iTunes. I've been having a lot of issues with my 4S and have been giving serious consideration to switching phones. Don't know if this helps but its the best I can come up with. I'm sure there are more tech savy brothers who can give better advice.

You may have a point. I haven't hooked into iTunes in quite a while. I suppose I should do that. But I also noticed that when I select my list of albums and open 'newest uploads' and then click on the circular arrow in the upper right corner - the reload button - I get dumped completely out of the app and back to the desktop. I guess I better go try your suggestion. But not 'til I finish my cigar.... :-). Thanks for the tip , Bro....

I've noticed that if I don't constantly back up my iCloud that my phone does all kinds of stupid things, including dumping me out of apps. Unfortunately, I haven't backed up my cloud in over 9 weeks so my phone is basically useless. Guess I'll take the 27 hrs to do it one day...
    I don't even use my iCloud. I don't know what it's for or what to do with it. I tried getting into iTunes yesterday to synch my phone but the site was evidently having problems and kept telling me to try again later WTF??

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'Mnot an iHead, so iDon't use an iPhone, iPad, nor do iWant one, though iHear iShould.

However --- Do you only have this prob uploading to PhotoBucket, or do you have the same prob uploading other places as well? For instance, DropBox or Google drive? See, iThink it may be related to some security policy you have set in your iPhone.

Does it happen from other locations? Perhaps it's a firewall setting.

iDunno, just taking iStabs in the iDark here.

The best tech support always comes from the nearest pre-teen. Borrow a kid from across the street. He's prolly out of school today anyway.

Sent from my candlestick phone courtesy of Gladys at the switchboard.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    i'Mnot an iHead, so iDon't use an iPhone, iPad, nor do iWant one, though iHear iShould.

However --- Do you only have this prob uploading to PhotoBucket, or do you have the same prob uploading other places as well? For instance, DropBox or Google drive? See, iThink it may be related to some security policy you have set in your iPhone.

The best tech support always comes from the nearest pre-teen. Borrow a kid from across the street. He's prolly out of school today anyway.

That's hilarious!!!
    webmost:

well, you put a lot of effort into this post so I'm not going to try to add something funny. It's funny enough, already.

But in answer to your question, in my case it happens only with PhotoBucket. I have other issues with iTunes, but that's a whole different ball game. LOL