Home Non Cigar Related

end of the world??

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
i dont know think it turned out to ba apretty lovely day for the end of the world..i wonder what kind of cigars the mayans were smoking???
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    twistedstem:
    i dont know think it turned out to ba apretty lovely day for the end of the world..i wonder what kind of cigars the mayans were smoking???
    The word "tobacco" is from the Mayan term for pipe. It was a Y shaped tube with a bowl. They would fill with tobacco leaves and inhale with both nostrils. Let's just say that they liked the strong stuff.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For awhile here in southern Ohio, it looked like the end, winds 40 to 50 miles per hour and snow. and very cold.
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Southern ohio? Where abouts? I'm from near Marietta
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Isnt it always the end of the world in Ohio??? BTW, this is the only place Ive ever conversed with ANYONE from Ohio that didnt make me think the state didnt have some toxic dump turning everyone into a yankee redneck or someone who best deserves the short bus.
  • Vulchor:
    Isnt it always the end of the world in Ohio??? BTW, this is the only place Ive ever conversed with ANYONE from Ohio that didnt make me think the state didnt have some toxic dump turning everyone into a yankee redneck or someone who best deserves the short bus.
    LOL! I live in NE Ohio and, it's actually a nice area to live in. Fall especially. It's snowing something fierce right now but, wear a coat, grow a beard and, you'll survive.
    Very jealous of the snow
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Have a friend from Cleveland, he called it the armpit of the USA. Never been there myself.
    He is right, lollll.
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Vulchor:
    Ouch! haha, who the hell have you been talking too?? I love living in Ohio. We actually get to experience all 4 seasons here (sometimes in one day). Don't hate on the buckeye state Vulchor, you should viisit it sometime. Don't get me started on Florida. Its a nice place to visit, but i wouldn't want to live there! It would be expensive paying the tolls to go anywhere and its hotter than hell in the summer. Other than than its a nice place!
    No hate on Ohio, and I love the 4 seasons. Likewise, not too much love for FL even though I live here. I am merely saying the 10 or so people i have known fairly well from Ohio in my life have been......well.....Ohioans;)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I left Buffalo yesterday ..... they got decked with what Ohio just got spanked with. Now I am home in VT and maybe an inch fell while I was gone and overnight we had a solid 7 inches fall and a little more in the mountains. As always the official first snowfall everyone forgets how to drive. LOL
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Well, it was the end of the world for my iphone. On the morning of 12/21/12 it fell out of my pocket and I backed over it with the car. Killed that sucker deader than Julius Cesar. That ment I had no phone for our Christmas vacation and the wife had to make and answer all the phone calls with her phone. Went to the AT&T store yesterday and got a new iphone 4g for $1.00 + a $36.00 "activation fee". Maybe a case of bad luck gone good?