Home Non Cigar Related

Air Rifles

dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone into air rifles?

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    into air rifles...no. know a little bit about air rifles yes. shoot!
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just wondering if anyone was into them. I've had guns all my life, but I just recently got into air rifles as a way to teach my step son about guns. I've found that I enjoy smoking a cigar while plinking.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheap fun. I've got a Crossman .22, pretty accurate, too.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a pump action pistol the RedHead uses to scare the cat across the street off her flower beds. That count?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    My brother in law is/was big into airsoft. Not the same, I know, but when I learned just a bit about it from him, I couldn't believe how deep that rabbit hole goes.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had no idea airsoft was as big as it is either! For air rifles, the rabbit hole goes as deep as you could ever wanna go, and then some. I've seen air rifles ranging from $50 up to $2000, with calibers from .177 up to a .357 and a .50. I would've never thought a pellet rifle could kill any North American game animal!

I just wanted to grab an entry level gun for my son, and a more advanced (adult) rifle for myself, so I could teach him about guns, and give us a lil something to do together other than play Call of Duty.

I bought my son a Beeman S550.

The scope that came on it was crap, so I've replaced it with a Bushnell 4x32 rimfire scope. I'm really pleased with the 1" 5-shot groups (at 30 feet) that this lil gun holds.

For myself I bought a Beeman X2 Silver Kodiak.

This one comes with two barrels, a .177 cal and a .22 cal. This gun packs a punch, pushing a .177 pellet at over 1000fps. With the factory scope it's capable of holding 1/2" groups at 40 feet. In the gun vise it regularly punches the same hole.

• bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    My brother in law is/was big into airsoft. Not the same, I know, but when I learned just a bit about it from him, I couldn't believe how deep that rabbit hole goes.
    Yeah I use to be big into airsoft. Played down in cali and fort knox. It was allot of fun. Might get back into now that I have unlimited time
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    You'll shoot your eye out! Lol:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...