Home Non Cigar Related

i dont like saws.

earlier i was cutting some metal tubing and got ahead of myself and cut into my pinkie... Right now im on pain meds but i consider myself lucky because of the thick leather gloves i was wearing, i dont want to think about how bad it could have been. Moral of the story is PAY ATTENTION when using tools.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point! Wrote a song about our bass player that cut his finger off at work. "Power Tools"...ripping grinding skin, ripping grinding skin..somebody better notify his next of kin.." Ohh the old days. Get better Taylor!!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Picturing you typing this thead made me laugh a little...sorry.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm cutting stogie stands using a miter saw, I set a finished stogie stand next to the saw while thinking/saying to myself, "If I were to accidentally cut a finger off, I will put my finger on that stand" How sick is that?!?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Bigshizza:
    Good point! Wrote a song about our bass player that cut his finger off at work. "Power Tools"...ripping grinding skin, ripping grinding skin..somebody better notify his next of kin.." Ohh the old days. Get better Taylor!!

lol nice! and Thanks.

ddubridge:
    Picturing you typing this thead made me laugh a little...sorry.

im only a little drugged up and my right pinkie is all bandaged up :D im laughing at my own dumb self!

danielzreyes:
    When I'm cutting stogie stands using a miter saw, I set a finished stogie stand next to the saw while thinking/saying to myself, "If I were to accidentally cut a finger off, I will put my finger on that stand" How sick is that?!?
    ouch! i wish i had a miter though, i miss the days when i had access to a full shop!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you didn't lose your pinkie
    jsnake:
    Glad you didn't lose your pinkie
    Me too!!! i'd loose my mind if i had.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Sounds more like saws don't like you :-o

Seriously man, hope you bounce back soon and glad it wasn't any worse. You can at least still grasp a stogie, right?
    it was the pinkie on my right hand, im left handed :D it will make lighting one harder though.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decades ago, installed the interior on a 65' trimaran. Called it the MonsterMaran -- two stories in the main hull -- bunks for like 25. Not just your ordinary teak, but ash, cherry, walnut, each stateroom it's own theme. Even cocobolo. Had our power tools set up on a platform built over the transom of the starboard sponson. Where my Danish assistant Martin Aalso stuck his thumb in the jointer. I came running with a rag, hollering: "Don't get it on the woodwork! Don't get it on the woodwork!" Called him Martin Burger for a week or two after that.

You want to lose a digit, choose a jointer. It's fairly thorough.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    earlier i was cutting some metal tubing and got ahead of myself and cut into my pinkie... Right now im on pain meds but i consider myself lucky because of the thick leather gloves i was wearing, i dont want to think about how bad it could have been. Moral of the story is PAY ATTENTION when using tools.
    Yeah, that's what our high school shop teacher, Joe "Three stumps" Smith, always used to say.