Home Non Cigar Related

Shoots like a dream

Got the new M4 zeroed in.

Mozambique Drill

Comments

• Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    That's good to hear, looks like a great rifle and is probably a lot of fun on the range.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Gaetano7890:
    That's good to hear, looks like a great rifle and is probably a lot of fun on the range.
    Indeed. More importantly, I've got the wife comfortable with it and past the single shot stage and into firing controlled pairs.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    Gaetano7890:
    Indeed. More importantly, I've got the wife comfortable with it and past the single shot stage and into firing controlled pairs.
    She will probably be shooting better than you in a couple weeks lol. I have to teach my wife how to fire a handgun as soon as she gets her permit any advice? They wouldn't let her near a bow in gym class during archery week.
    Gaetano7890:
    Steve2010:
    Gaetano7890:
    She will probably be shooting better than you in a couple weeks lol. I have to teach my wife how to fire a handgun as soon as she gets her permit any advice? They wouldn't let her near a bow in gym class during archery week.
    Since I train Soldiers in Basic and Advanced Close Quarters marksmanship, I'm very comfortable teaching, even my wife. As long as you're proficient and patient, you should be able to teach your wife. If not, find a professional shooting instructor.

The best part was teaching her to clean it when we were done.

She knows the names to all of the parts, and didn't mind getting dirty. She also knows that if she doesn't have the time to clean it, then she shouldn't have the time to shoot it.

• chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    I don't recall from the picture, do you have collapsable iron sites on that puppy as well?
    No, no back-up iron. Eventually, but with the limited time I have at home, my goal was to get the wife used to optics.

Firing Controlled Pairs

• For the wife. Don't lean back when shooting.
    Yea, we're working on proper shooting position. I have her snapping-in (dry, of course) at home.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Next item on the menu: get her comfortable with an AK Big Smile [:D]
    xmacro:
    Next item on the menu: get her comfortable with an AK Big Smile [:D]
    Indeed. Back in November, I took her to shoot autos for the first time. She shot a SiG P226, M4, M249 SAW, and M60 machine gun. She REALLY wanted a SAW but had to settle for an M4.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice set up! I am having my Spike's Tactical barrel installed on my rifle next week and it will be 95% complete. Nickel Boron BCG should be shipping any day from Fail Zero.
    jsnake:
    Nice set up! I am having my Spike's Tactical barrel installed on my rifle next week and it will be 95% complete. Nickel Boron BCG should be shipping any day from Fail Zero.
    Post up some pics when it arrives!