Home Non Cigar Related

Democrats in Washington state want annual Sheriff inspections of your home

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
a new bill has been submitted that requires the Sheriff to inspect your home if you are grandfathered in with an "assault rifle" which otherwise is banned in the future. The liberals continue to nibble around the edges until they have eaten the entire cake. While this bill probably won't pass, it accurately shows where the democrats are heading in liberal states.

linkCLICKHERE

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020373291_westneat17xml.html

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    That can't be right. Everybody keeps saying they they don't want to take your guns. They say we must be paranoid. Then they say just sign the bill and we'll read it later to find out what's in it.

Did you read their responses? " He did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on". An 8 page bill that he sponsored for heaven's sake. These liberals are all idiots, and liars.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    That can't be right. Everybody keeps saying they they don't want to take your guns. They say we must be paranoid. Then they say just sign the bill and we'll read it later to find out what's in it.

Did you read their responses? " He did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on". An 8 page bill that he sponsored for heaven's sake. These liberals are all idiots, and liars.
    yea i saw that ,, the bill is a massive 8 pages long too. too much for him to comprehend? lol ,, Weasel admitted he didn't even read it. haha

"...said he did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on. “I made a mistake,” Kline said. “I frankly should have vetted this more closely.”

No, you should not vet more, you should resign immediately since you took an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    The Government going in to peoples homes that own assault rifles? Sounds safe.Is that REALLY what it says?
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    jj20030:
    beatnic:

yea i saw that ,, the bill is a massive 8 pages long too. too much for him to comprehend? lol ,, Weasel admitted he didn't even read it. haha

"...said he did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on. “I made a mistake,” Kline said. “I frankly should have vetted this more closely.”

No, you should not vet more, you should resign immediately since you took an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution.
    Anybody, liberal or conservative should be held accountable for that. Is that really what happened? Really? A congressman sponsors a bill and he didn't read what was in the bill. WTF? Who wrote the bill? Oops! Sorry! Didn't read the bill closely enough before signing on? OMG!
    Roberto99:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:

Anybody, liberal or conservative should be held accountable for that. Is that really what happened? Really? A congressman sponsors a bill and he didn't read what was in the bill. WTF? Who wrote the bill? Oops! Sorry! Didn't read the bill closely enough before signing on? OMG!
    yes they are that stupid, dems and rep. both, dems more so though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    jj20030:
    Roberto99:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am a Democrat, and I am not stupid, or an idiot, or a liar.

Elected representatives often say and do dumb things, just like everybody else. Elected Republicans and Democrats alike too often don't think things through before acting, or speaking. I am not a huge fan of either Harry Reed or Ms. Pelosi, but one thing I am certain of - this "liberal/conservative" divide too often encourages just as much stupid, thoughtless, and hateful remarks from the general public as we see from our elected representatives. Just like the old Stephen Stills lyric - "with so many screamin', & no one a-listening', how do we decide?"

As for this article, I am 100% with the reporter. The proposed legislation will be changed, but this was a really stupid way to begin to build trust so that reasonable regulation of military weapons in civilian society can go forward.

JDH:
    jj20030:
    Roberto99:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am a Democrat, and I am not stupid, or an idiot, or a liar.

Elected representatives often say and do dumb things, just like everybody else. Elected Republicans and Democrats alike too often don't think things through before acting, or speaking. I am not a huge fan of either Harry Reed or Ms. Pelosi, but one thing I am certain of - this "liberal/conservative" divide too often encourages just as much stupid, thoughtless, and hateful remarks from the general public as we see from our elected representatives. Just like the old Stephen Stills lyric - "with so many screamin', & no one a-listening', how do we decide?"

As for this article, I am 100% with the reporter. The proposed legislation will be changed, but this was a really stupid way to begin to build trust so that reasonable regulation of military weapons in civilian society can go forward.

i guess you will agree obama has done more to divide this country towards each other than any president ever then? i grew up in the 60's and things were going pretty good tiill he took over imo
    jj20030:
    JDH:
    jj20030:
    Roberto99:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:

i guess you will agree obama has done more to divide this country towards each other than any president ever then? i grew up in the 60's and things were going pretty good tiill he took over imo
    So did I, and things were most definately not going so good. JFK, RFK, MLK, Medgar Evers, all murdered. You remember those kids who were killed in Orangeburg? Remember The Dixie Rat segregationists, the KKK bombing churches and killing civil rights workers. In case yoiu missed it, there was a social revolution in the streets where people were killed and beaten and jailed in the struggle to FINALLY end Jim Crow, and be allowed to vote and end American Aparthied. There was also a little hubub over something called the Vietnam war, and something else called the Women's Liberation Movement. Remember the Nixon Administration putting people in jail for 20 years for possession of less than 1/2 oz of pot? NO sir, the 60's was a polarizing decade, and people finally decided to opt for liberty instead of oppression.

Today I place the blame for the divisions in this country squarely at the door of right wing talk radio and Fox, and on the Tea Party, and their reaction to the election of President Obama.

We could debate why the country is divided, but you and I are never going to see eye to eye on that topic, so we ought to just agree to disagree and try to keep it civil.

JDH:
    jj20030:
    JDH:
    jj20030:
    Roberto99:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:

So did I, and things were most definately not going so good. JFK, RFK, MLK, Medgar Evers, all murdered. You remember those kids who were killed in Orangeburg? Remember The Dixie Rat segregationists, the KKK bombing churches and killing civil rights workers. In case yoiu missed it, there was a social revolution in the streets where people were killed and beaten and jailed in the struggle to FINALLY end Jim Crow, and be allowed to vote and end American Aparthied. There was also a little hubub over something called the Vietnam war, and something else called the Women's Liberation Movement. Remember the Nixon Administration putting people in jail for 20 years for possession of less than 1/2 oz of pot? NO sir, the 60's was a polarizing decade, and people finally decided to opt for liberty instead of oppression.

Today I place the blame for the divisions in this country squarely at the door of right wing talk radio and Fox, and on the Tea Party, and their reaction to the election of President Obama.

We could debate why the country is divided, but you and I are never going to see eye to eye on that topic, so we ought to just agree to disagree and try to keep it civil.

AMEN, im over and out,lol
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a new Constitutional amendment? Something like:

No representative shall be allowed to vote on the passage of legislation unless the bill was read in entirety aloud in the House and the member was present, awake, and able to discuss the various aspects of the legislation as outlined in the proposal. Any member not present, may not vote. A quorum must be present prior to voting. Any bill so read, and not meeting the above conditions will be discarded and must be resubmitted prior to further discussion.

I think it would fix a lot of problems, or at least prevent a lot of idiocy, on both sides of the aisle.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they didn't read but it looks to me more like an easy copout. Politicians try to sneek stuff by all the time, they probally thiought that people would like the clause of police inspection so they signed it then when it got slamed they said "i didn't know that was in there I would have never signed it if I read that." For every body else though once you signed somthing your accountable and politicians should be held to that same level.
    Amos Umwhat:

No representative shall be allowed to vote on the passage of legislation unless the bill was read in entirety aloud in the House and the member was present, awake, and able to discuss the various aspects of the legislation as outlined in the proposal. Any member not present, may not vote. A quorum must be present prior to voting. Any bill so read, and not meeting the above conditions will be discarded and must be resubmitted prior to further discussion.

I think it would fix a lot of problems, or at least prevent a lot of idiocy, on both sides of the aisle.
    I like it!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    doh! Freaking retarded... I didn't know it was that way in my own legislation (paraphrasing I am).... WTF! Some reform is necessary but this, this is too far. I don't have no freaking safe and all that jazz for my weapons, so F that. Oh hey sherrif, come on in. Yeah I am a law abiding every day joe. Oh I need to buy all these safety things for my weapon... o, wait, what you doing, hey you can't arrest me, wtf, WTF! Great now I'm getting my ass pounded because I didn't buy a bunch of crap for my own weapon in my own house.

This bill is not going to pass and from what the morons said they didn't know about the part you are freaking out. Not sure it's a good thing they didn't know because they did sponsor it, but hardly a new thing in congress. A lot of people do not read everything, they have aides for it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Amos Umwhat:

I like it!
    I don't think it would matter. I mean it would be like in grade school, people don't retain or listen. But the tea nuts in 2010 read the constitution aloud, though it was their version of it. Still didn't do shi-t.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Why do they need a new bill? They can pretty much already do this under the Patriot Act, another bill that wasn't read either!