Home Non Cigar Related

Searching the House With a 9mm

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
So my wife wakes me up in the middle of the night last night and points out a shadowy figure on the other side of our bedroom window in the rear of our house. I grab the 9mm out of the bedside safe, chamber a round, put the safety on, and begin to case out the window. I walked into the living room where there is a big sliding glass door to look outside and didn't see anything. Went back into the bedroom and the figure was still there and another had joined it.

As it turns out, there was a REALLY bright moon last night and it was casting shadows from the tops of the very tall pines behind our house. Looked just like a man's figure though.

Scary moment that ended well.

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyctohylophobiacs Anonymous meets every Thursday at midnight in a back yard near you.
    "Hi. I am Clearly Suspect, and I'm... Hey, where you guys going?"

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Nyctohylophobiacs Anonymous meets every Thursday at midnight in a back yard near you.
    "Hi. I am Clearly Suspect, and I'm... Hey, where you guys going?"

Lol. Funny. But it really was crazy how "man shaped" that shadow was.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Having slid the back door open at my parents' place and found an actual man standing on the patio before, I can attest that it's not a good feeling. I only had a baseball bat at the time, but he bolted before I came back.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a messed up feeling, working for the prisons and swat teams for Ohio, u would think I wouldn't get that weird feeling and rush of adrenaline, but 1 day about 5 months ago went outside cause our German shepherd was barking like crazy, went in the yard an looked down toward our barn and two men were standing in the drive way in front of where we keep our horses, I kinda froze I will admit it, coundnt be over 100 yards away, then they looked at me, I cloud see them pretty well cause of the security light is very bright by the barn, so I turned around acting like I didn't c them went into the house and got 1 of my shotguns and went back outside but they were gone. It's was a weird night, couldn't sleep, sat on the porch for hours smoking a cigar, I guess that's 1 way to get some smoke time in.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy, brother .... glad it was just shadows from the trees and nothing happened.
    But definitely an eerie feeling.

And damn Glock, that's scary. I'd think your dog would've scared them off .... thieves are getting ballsy these days I guess
    When we lived in downtown Columbus for a year, all of the other houses on our street got broken into except for ours ---- scary $hit. Pretty sure the only thing that "saved" us from the wanna-be thug thieves was our dog. 80 lb black dog, with a vicious bark. Thank god for her.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *